Finally got my FF a couple days ago, pics and impressions... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Finally got my FF a couple days ago, pics and impressions...

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by dgoldenz94, Aug 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    Congratulations! Love the FF and good to hear you intend using it regularly. Enjoy

2. sisiay

sisiay Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2019
    Encinitas, CA
    Congrats! That paint is so sick...really love the spec. Once it's not 110 degrees, you can roll your windows down and the exhaust is a LOT louder. That glass keeps a lot of the noise out. FFs are not quiet cars even stock. Welcome to the joys of practical Ferrari ownership. These things are begging to be driven everyday, and with 4 seats and a big trunk, there's no reason to say no.

3. Snaponjackson

Snaponjackson Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
    What a beautiful car. Yes you're right the v12 makes it all worth it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Atxmarc

Atxmarc Karting

Jul 30, 2020
    Congrats, may head down to look at a couple other ff’s they have. If your salesperson was great, could you share his name?

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Covers most of it;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Vetallist

Vetallist Rookie

Jan 21, 2019
    Depreciation on FF's has been brutal, with even seemingly clean examples touching $100K mark already. GTC4 Lusso's seem to be following down the same curve. Why do you think that is? At this rate, prices have more room to slide to ~$50K-$60K bottom out range, I think.

The car should be faring better, given its V12, practicality (real back seats and hatch space) and what does not seem to be nightmarish ownership costs. Or is it?

Rick Weston likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

I got a FF - no one
    Really likes the 2+2 historically. It’s not the ultimate Ferrari, doesn’t look the best too and the ptu. Best bang for the buck though!

8. Kravin99

Kravin99 Rookie

Jan 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Salerno
    In regards to having to use the aux cable to play your music files, may I suggest going on Amazon and buying a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into your aux port and allows connection to your phone or other device. I have an 09 M3 that I use the adapter with and it works perfectly. I’m not sure where your port is located, mine is in the center console so the adapter is hidden out of site. The one I purchased on Amazon is made by Taotronics. There are many options, just read the reviews and most are under $50. Hope this works for you. Enjoy your new toy!

9. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    She's beautiful. I drove one when they were first released in Scottsdale and agree that it handled smaller than it is. Enjoy the ride!

10. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Congrats and welcome to the Ferrari FF owners group!
    As said Natkingcole it is the best bang for the buck Ferrari, but I didn't bought it in despite of anything, it even charmed me more than the 488, sound, class, luxury...
    Enjoy in good health!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. G50carerra

G50carerra Rookie

Mar 15, 2015
    Melbourne FL
    Beautiful cars. With the miles you both have on them, have either one of you had to do a brake pad or rotor replacement?

12. Natkingcolebasket69

I did rotor 6k each from eurospares new, dealer wants 12k for the same.
    Pads dealer wants 5-6k the same new from eurospares are 1500...
    Dealer are expensive...

vegasviper likes this.
  13. G50carerra

G50carerra Rookie

Mar 15, 2015
    Melbourne FL
    Is there a programming of the rotor S/N that needs to be entered into the car’s ECU? I am also in SFL and if you have a good Indy shop you use I would be very grateful for any information.

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Not that I know of

15. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    #40 dgoldenz94, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    Agreed, the paint is amazing and was a big selling point for me as I always prefer white exterior/black trim cars. I met up with forum member vegasviper the other day and heard the full Kline inconel system with 100 cel cats. WOW what a difference versus stock. Probably the loudest car I have ever heard in person and the sound was absolutely nuts even inside the cabin. I would be curious to see what an exhaust without replacing the cats sounds like by comparison. I thought my GT3 with the JCR race pipe was loud, this was way louder.

Since I bought this end of June it seems the FF market has dried up on the low end and everything halfway decent is back to $130k+. There were 55 cars for sale 6 weeks ago, now there are like 27-29.

The carfax shows that the front rotors were replaced at 45k miles on this car and the rear pads were replaced at the same time. I assume the front pads were replaced along with the rotors too. The rotors/pads being out of the way was good to see on a car with this many miles.

16. dgoldenz94

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Now for the potentially bad news....Ferrari of San Antonio delivered the car with some undisclosed damage that was not shown in pictures they sent me (more than normal wear and tear). I have been waiting for an official response/offer from the GM of the dealership for a week now to see what they plan to do to "make it right." If they do not provide a satisfactory response, I will post the full story with pictures and details as these are items that will clearly affect resale and will have to be disclosed to a buyer when I sell the car. .

The car is incredible, but at this time I feel that they handled the CPO certification and sales process poorly. Let's see how they respond.

ryalex likes this.
  17. hnoor

hnoor Rookie

Jul 19, 2020
    $6k each from eurospares? Is that per corner or per axle? Are their parts OEM Carbon Ceramics?

18. Natkingcolebasket69

3k each, 6 per axle. OEM

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Unless u track the car the rotors should last a lifetime though

vraa likes this.
  20. dgoldenz94

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold

Update - they are working on some ideas to make it right, I will give them a fair opportunity to do so.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Whatever they overlooked i think they will make it right. Happened to me with a Testarossa I bought and the service manager from Ferrari across 2 dealers worked together to pay and fix the repair from where I had bought the car. They care about their reputations so I think I should be okay!

22. dgoldenz94

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    I agree, and that is one of the reasons I wanted to buy a CPO car from a dealer instead of a third-party exotic reseller. The wheels have been turning slowly but it's a unique situation so I understand.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  23. victorg

victorg Rookie

May 2, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Victor Gonzalez
    You should totally track that car, you won't believe how well it handles!

24. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I am guessing some pretty heavy front end damage given the rotors were changed? Understand if you don’t want to share. If it was front end issues maybe you have them give you two additional years of warranty. Will help w resale down the line. Given the tricky awd system I would want to know the front drivetrain was covered as a new buyer. With that said, hope it’s not clouding your enjoyment. I had one for 5 years and loved every minute. I really miss it

25. dgoldenz94

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Don”t want to share details yet but my call today with the GM wasn’t exactly helpful. He’s going to call me back tomorrow. I’m giving them a fair chance to make it right. If they don’t want to do that I will post everything.

RamsHmb likes this.