Finally saw the 458 up close and personal. The Pearl Yellow is stunning | FerrariChat

Finally saw the 458 up close and personal. The Pearl Yellow is stunning

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 06Spider, Aug 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 06Spider

06Spider Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2010
    Red Sox Nation
    Got to see, the 458 in the 3 layer Pearl Yellow yesterday. I was down to picking Giallo Fly or Rosso Corsa for my spec. Now I have a new $27k problem. I really, really like the Pearl. It's stunning. It's going to be very hard to order plain old yellow or red after seeing this car. I also want the new challenge grill. This car will be in 16M territory soon. I also loved the full carbon with Black Interior.

2. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Agree. Just be glad you don't live in Hong Kong as we have a 100% tax so it would be a 54k problem!!! If you drive your car a lot, remember that stone chips aren't so easy to fix on 3 part paints

3. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    I went to NewPort beach Ferrari in so cal yesterday... 2 458's there (and another under cover sold car)..

there was a white one and a giallo one...

OMG these cars are gorgeous!! Sell your soul gorgeous!!

BUT......is it me? or is the front TO HIGH!! so much space between top of front tire and wheel well!! (and there were no lift system on car..so that aint it!) you can almost fit a tennis ball in there!!

compared to the Scud they had next to it...it looks down right silly!!

4. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I dont know Mark, I saw a 458 in NY and I have to admit, it is just SO stunning. Just fantastic.

5. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    they do seem to come from the factory a bit high...bumper height regs? there's that red car with black lip that was lowered...looks much much better. but of course, you'll really need that front lift system then:)

6. solowmodel

solowmodel Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2009
    Seoul, London, VA
    Full Name:
    WK
    Not so bad here in Korea, 'merely' a 40k problem ;)

Actually I was browsing through the atelier book today and read about some colours I have never seen on any Ferrari road cars:

Rosso Formula 1 2007
    Grigio Freddo
    Giallo Sole
    Blu 3 Strati

Anyone have any pictures/information on these?

7. nejcdolinsek

nejcdolinsek Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    I believe the Rosso Formula 1 2007 colour was first seen on the 430 Scuderia press car. Unfortunately I'm having troubles with finding decent pictures of it - perhaps someone else will have better luck. But for what it's worth, it is *stunning* IMO.

8. nejcdolinsek

nejcdolinsek Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    #8 nejcdolinsek, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017