Finally some pictures of my car ready for delivery | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Finally some pictures of my car ready for delivery

Discussion in '360/430' started by SeaNile, Mar 6, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Actually the best part of having a car delivered (Us East Coast guys don't have quite the selection of Ferraris as you West Coast guys!) Is what else is on the truck- My truck had a Boxster SCCA race car with a spare set of slicks, a couple of dead mint 60's Muscle cars (Camaro and a Buick of some sort) and a 50's MG TC.

When my Carrera Cabriolet arrived it had FOUR mint Mercedes 280 SE's on it!

2. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    Congrats SeaNile, enjoy her in good health!!

Not really much to know, its a bit low in the front so be careful. Put the Red key FOB and code for the radio in a safe place. Read through the owners manual get to know as much as possible.

When you put the key in turn it to the on position and let the computer go through the system checks and wait for the OK then start it. You can start it right away, but I just like see the "OK" before firing her up.

If you drive weekly, I do not think a tender is needed. I have not heard of any negative things about having a tender.

Putting fuel in is tricky depending on the gas station, my buddy Ray showed me if I turn the pump handle 90 degrees the fuel flows without shutting off every two seconds.

Go slow initially, let the engine oil warm up, let the tires warm up and check tire pressures. Learn the feel of the car. I know you will be tempted to floor it and hear the wonderful scream of the engine, but control yourself and take it easy.

Take your time choosing an exhaust, try to meet up with other owners and listen to their exhausts from inside the car. Remember you are getting the exhaust for you not for others to hear so make sure you choose from the inside of the cockpit :)

360's are solid cars so you can drive them without worries.

Good luck to you!

3. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

#53 Oengus, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    The only thing helping me keep my sanity is the weather here is poor, at best. Been raining since Fri am and calling for steady rain thru Sunday and even Monday am. If it was a nice 60 degree sunny weekend I would be going nuts. Truck called today and they can be here Sunday around 8-10pm but I can't take delivery that late. Monday am between 630-7 they should be here. If the weather is decent and the roads are salt free and dry I will be cruising around but I plan on getting a few trips in Tues-Fri with an awesome forecast.

It will be a bit of a bummer to take delivery and have to put it right in the garage for a few days but it will be well worth the wait. I have the camera ready and am looking forward to loosing an hour thanks to daylight savings...makes Monday am come that much sooner!

John

5. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    #55 Chupee, Mar 13, 2010
  6. myphillylawyer

myphillylawyer Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dean
    #56 myphillylawyer, Mar 14, 2010
  7. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    WTF- it's 9:50AM on Monday and STILL no pictures???

:) :) :)

8. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim