Finally tested F8 on a track! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Finally tested F8 on a track!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Hendry2019, Oct 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Do you work for Ferrari?

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    maybe we should call it "SEA GATE" :D:D:D :D:D:D

Shadowfax and Jo Sta7 like this.
  3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    No, I have no professional affiliation to any car maker. Do you work for McLaren?

4. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    Any plan to test it in near future?

5. Sandro Felisio

Sep 13, 2019
    Turin -Italy
    Full Name:
    Sandro Felisio
    I did the test 2 weeks ago in Varano circuit. Two days and totally 2 hours on the car.
    Finally I can say the car is very nice, the acceleration is good and also the general feelings but the sound, as the 488 is really disappointing me.
    I have a 458 and the MUSIC is always on the air, but for tributo.... it is souldless and very low emotional.
    Compared to 458 and 488 it is easy to drive, low fron drift during cornering, not very aggressive drive even in race.
    Hi to all.

Here one of my the finish line crossing:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thecadster, xfrgtr, day355 and 3 others like this.
  6. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    awesome post, thanks for sharing. And you had more time than me which gives you in a better position to give a better feedback on F8.

finally, last questions, did you feel the sound better inside the cabin compared to 488 as I did?
    And how about the sou d while Idle compared to 488?

7. Sandro Felisio

Sep 13, 2019
    Turin -Italy
    Full Name:
    Sandro Felisio
    Thanks for your appreciation.
    Compared to 488 the sound is very similar, it is affected by the fact that has approx 1500 rpm less in full throttle and it is turbo.
    I think that there is no chance to get 458 sound even with aftermarket exhaust but this equipment can solve the noiseless when idle.

Shadowfax likes this.
  8. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    +1

it seems odd that everyone is saying the engine is no different and the car is barely different than the 488 yet everyone sings the praises of the engine in the pista. the only difference of acceleration is -40kg on the f8, which is half a tank of fuel or half a passenger

9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

Thanks for posting.
    So sad.
    I heard the rush of air as you went by, but little else, did you downshift into that corner? If you did I can barely tell, even with the speakers turned all the way up.
    And the cars are supposed to be regulated to being even quieter going forward?

Folks...keep your NA cars...they will hold their value.

10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I dont think this is it at all. Ferrari engineers the cars to drive and feel different and thus, provide different experiences. They did the same thing with the CS, Scud, Speciale as compared to their standard brothers. It is this sense of being connected and the overall driving experience that many of us really prize and I can tell you the Pista provides this. I can't speak about the F8 but I can speak about the 488 which I thought was very impressive, but I never felt enough of the sense of mechanical connection.

day355 likes this.
  11. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I was also wondering sound compared to 488 and it appears in your opinion it is similar. So despite the GPF Ferrari was able to achieve 488 sound.
    It is not fair to compare sound to 458 which is NA.

IloveGT likes this.
  12. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The only ones proclaiming the HUGE difference between the Pista and the F8 is Pista owners and the others claiming little or no difference between the 488 and the F8 are 488 owners. All these opinions supported with no driving experience.

xfrgtr likes this.
  13. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Come on bud... I'm sure that everyone is amused with your postings on this thread. You have very, very, very little experience with 488 and 720s but have jumped into every thread giving your opinion over the opinions of every 488 and 720s owner over the last two years.

Having been on track with a Pista (which is just as fast as a 720s and 720s blow out a 488 in acceleration then I'm fully expecting F8 to be similar to 720s and Pista in accleration).

Shadowfax, Shack, Katonk and 4 others like this.
  14. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    Opinion Supported with no driving experience?

remember, this thread is about my recent experience with F8 . And yes i do have 488, so i cannot express my opinion of F8 cuz I have 488? Do mean my opinion is biased?

Sorry but this is a nonsense statement

15. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Exactly!!

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Okay. Now it is getting silly. Here's something you obviously did not know. The even Friday was for people who have already ordered the F8. Yes there were a few clients there whom got a last minute invitation despite not already having ordered an F8. Fact is that a lot of what is expressed in this thread and my thread, was the general concensus.
    And here's another thing you might want to also take into consideration. While the OP of this thread only got two laps, tmt was not how it was for all whom attended. The group of about 50 my friend was in got the following experience. 80 or so km road trip followed by four 10 minute track passes for each.
    I'm sorry that the F8 might not be the "Baby Pista" you thought it would be, but currently that seems to be a concensus from the F8 owners whom where there. They were not "just" Pista and 488 owners pissed off that something new came along - they were F8 owners! I'm sorry you didn't get a Pista allocation, but no need to take it out on Pista, 488 and F8 owners with actual experience.

17. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Actually a review from an average owner makes a lot more sense to me than a review from a proffesional. After all - we are all just normal owners, and not F1 racers with 20 year experiense or engineers. So all in all - good one, Hendry :)

It seems, that there are some people in this forum, who always search for some kind of a conspiracy or hidden reasons behind someone's post. And the man just shares what he has saw and felt...

ChadR, junc, Katonk and 5 others like this.
  18. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    thank you for your kind words and sincere feedback

best regards

Jo Sta7 and rumen1 like this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It’s OK that the F8 isn’t a Pista in a dinner jacket. It’s a gentleman’s super car. Fast as hell, beautiful, refined. Maybe best to think of it like a cross between a Pista and a DB11. Maybe I’m just talking nonsense, who knows!

20. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Sounds bad brother although I come from 458 Spider, 991 GT3, AMG GTS, Huracan ownership so obviously different expectation/experiences than 488 owner.

Thanks for posting.

GT2 RS and AMG GTR sound so much better than your F8 video so it's not just turbo that is the culprit. Has to be the GPF.

21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    As a fan of F8 i have to say the sound from outside is not at all great,but maybe makes up with the hot pipe inside.

22. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Just got my Forza today: F8 First Drive

Compares the F8 to the 488 and Pista. The Pista is lightest by about 100 lbs and costs $75k less than the Pista. So if you track alot this is probably the car for you. The F8 is faster than the 488 but slower than the Pista. The F8 costs about the same as the 488 and a spider version will be available in 2020. There are pictures of the spider also in this issue...it is stunning.

The author really liked the F8. IMVHO unless you just don’t like the looks of the F8, it would be my choice.

23. Sandro Felisio

Sep 13, 2019
    Turin -Italy
    Full Name:
    Sandro Felisio
    Just for your information this is a video taken in start from box.
    I'm the driver.
    This is the NON SOUND.

Hendry2019 and Shadowfax like this.
  24. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Agree it is barely audible from outside, just a small humming like a regular passenger car.
    How is the sound inside the car? Is it an improvement over gtb? Is it louder inside than GTB? What is making the car have no soul? Is it just the NON SOUND situation or are there other elements which are combining to create the dull experience? Please explain.

25. Sandro Felisio

Sep 13, 2019
    Turin -Italy
    Full Name:
    Sandro Felisio
    Ciao Shadow,
    Sorry for my english, I try to do my best to explain.
    I had different Ferrari in the last years, and basically, due the fact that we do not live in a track everyday there are some aspects that make me loving them.
    The acceleration and the sound are the first one we can feel during a standard day on road.
    When I tried the F8 I feel like in a "tesla style" car, the acceleration is absolutely ok, the handling too and the breaking system is better than my 458 but the sound? It doesn't exist: outside it is like a common car, gloomy and submissive noise, inside the same, it is not exciting or engaging at all.
    We we drive in a common road, barely legal mode on, it seems that you are on a mercedes C200 petrol, excluding the fact that people look at you and you are more uncomfortable (even if the F8 is comfortable overall).
    The sensations were very similar to those felt on the 488GTB, but in this specific case it got even worse.
    This is why in conclusion I can say that in the circuit use the car is altogether satisfying, (in the end it is still a Ferrari!) with the exception of the non-existent sound, while in the use of every day it becomes boring and without character.

Hope this explain better!

day355 likes this.