Finding more information about the history of my 550. | FerrariChat

Finding more information about the history of my 550.

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by DOWORKFCAR, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    When I bought my 550 I had some service records but they were not complete. This week I called the shops that were listed on the Carfax that regularly serviced it and got some more service records!

If you are looking for service records for your car, definitely try giving the old shops a call as they can always send you some copies!

Are there any other ways I can find out more information about my car? I’m trying to find as much information as possible.

Thanks!

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Have you contacted a dealer and provided your VIN? they can give you warranty information along with screen shots of the build data.

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I did the same with my TR. Got all the history till 1988 on it.
    Ferrari helped me a lot with proof of ownership; now almost all of help except ferrari of Fort Lauderdale who said they don’t do that and change their systems bs kind of thing.
    I managed to get from them line items of what was done by them but not the actual copy of the bill. Still pretty good though;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOWORKFCAR likes this.
  4. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Maybe it's just a Virginia thing, but...I've never encountered a shop that doesn't use the VIN number!

DOWORKFCAR likes this.
  5. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Not sure if this is the case in the US, but the UK provides the names of previous owners. People are much easier to track down now on the internet, and owners can be happy to talk about a special car like ours, and may have photos and other stories to bring your car’s history to life.
    I am amazed how few dealers put the work in for this when they sell cars; it makes a difference to know who the owner was and what they did. You may even unearth missing bits - I have been sent all kinds of things (luggage bags, torches, etc) by previous owners.

DOWORKFCAR likes this.
  6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Im too scared to call Ferrari of Beverly Hills and ask, Id probably get brushed off immediately. What was your approach calling the dealer? Sales guys aren't always the friendliest when there is no money at stake for them.

7. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Just ask for the service department, that has always worked for me.

8. DOWORKFCAR

Oct 15, 2016
    I'm going to try to call the dealer that helped import the car in 1999. Hopefully they can give me some more information about the car and it's history!

So far I've found $20,000 in service records...

9. DOWORKFCAR

Oct 15, 2016
    Since my car is a euro car and imported to the states, how could I do European search? Any suggestions? Thanks!

10. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    This reads like 'Europe' is a country ! It isn't and the different countries there still have different rules so knowing your car's origin might help but I suspect for most what you seek will hide behind personal data rules

11. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    What country was it first delivered to, and, if different, do you know what country it lived in before being exported to US?