Fire Extinguisher Mounting Position | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fire Extinguisher Mounting Position

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ron328, Dec 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    Hmm, good point - I never thought about the roof itself getting stolen. The fire extinguisher in bright red to me seems to say "take me" though.

I don't like to leave the car for extended periods of time without the roof off, but I also don't like to live life in fear either.

Do you guys think a red 308 would be less likely to be messed with than let's say a black BMW convertible?

-Wayne

101 Projects for Your BMW 3-Series Coming 2004...
    101 Projects for Your Porsche 911... Available Now!
    How to Rebuild & Modify Porsche 911 Engines Now Available!!!

2. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Tillman,
    Thanks. i tried the second Home Depot in town and they had those metal brackets. Also found some U-shaped aluminium pieces about 15x15 that may work perfectly without welding. 1/8inch thick, 2 inches wide, squared off shape (like 3/4 of a closed square.) Also got an air compressor, some new tools, some house stuff. Bad idea to go in there near Christmas.

Eric, thanks. I will put the Comp one on my list of possibilities, along with Wayne's.

I'll get the mount made, then decide on which extinguisher to use.

Even though we got off topic, thanks for the input from everyone.

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Wayne it all depends on where you are parking...I leave my 328 parked all the time with the top off, but I do keep the windows up and the doors locked, FWIW. I have a Halon extinguisher in the open, right in front of the passenger seat....never had a problem...but I usually park the car in a very open, public place, so someone getting into the car would have to be pretty brazen.

I'm just lazy, and in Seattle, it really is no big deal. I am more careful in Vancouver, BC as car prowls and theft is much more prevalent.