First drive 2007 Range Rover Supercharged | Page 2 | FerrariChat

First drive 2007 Range Rover Supercharged

Discussion in 'British' started by kompressor, Jan 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. taptd

taptd Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Joe K
    We currently have two RR SC's. My wife has a silver one and I traded in my A8L on one. we picked them up used for about 20k off list.

We live in MN and bought them for winter driving. We have a few other "fun" cars so it is not a dailiy driver in the summer months. We had a pair of '04 HSE's prior.

We have had minor annoyances, but never a major break down as of yet on either set of trucks. The SC is a MUCH better engine than the old HSE engine. 400HP is what this truck needed.

I will say, with the 20" factory tires on snow, well lets just say 'going' is not a problem but 'stopping' is not good. The grip is bad so as soon as you hit the brakes on snow the anitlock kicks in. You can still steer but your stopping distances are GREATLY increased when in the snow.

Overall love the truck and will keep it through next year. I did tow with my '04 HSE but not on the 06 yet. I have to get another longer extension. For some reason they think putting the receiver 2' back from the bumper is a good thing??? Snowmobile trailer latch hits the bumper and won't go down without a hitch extension.

Joe

2. kompressor

kompressor Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    so it looks like the quality then is hit or miss. which is a bit scary but i do like the looks of it the best of any suv out there. thanks for the responses