Wanted - First Ferrari - 2010/11 458 Italia | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Wanted First Ferrari - 2010/11 458 Italia

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by jsh458ft, Feb 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

They actually went up! My friend pre Covid had a stunning 2010 with 7k miles. Got 165 for it. I think he gets 190k now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fxbianca likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Weren’t u selling it for a speciale ?

3. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    What types of maintenance outside of the regular maintenance schedule do you do to ensure longterm reliability?

4. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    changed my mind, too much money for a car, i'd rather have a 458 again lol

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

This should be some kind of sticky if it isn't already. Thanks for sharing!

Adamas, SpencerMarks and c4b4the04 like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Im sure it’s amazing but yes I agree I’m unsure it’s worth twice as much car wise... from a collector’s stand point sure but car wise I don’t know.

NMNMNMN likes this.
  7. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    exactly, i'm an enthusiast that likes to put plenty of miles and canyon driving which bring stone chips etc on cars..so no reason to do a speciale, i absolutely shouldn't have sold my 458..

8. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    Really appreciate everyone's input here! There obviously have not been a lot of cars changing hands, so nothing too exciting yet. I am looking at one car and am interested in high level critique. Car would be 140K - Yellow w/ Black Roof and Black Wheels. Full Electric Seats, Rear Parking Sensors and LED Steering Wheel.

33K miles on the car, and the hood+rear bumper have been repainted. The rear bumper was painted because they had the OEM camera installed and it doesn't work (computer not updated by a dealer or whatnot...) Also has somewhat sticky buttons which sounds pretty normal I guess.

So its got a bit of a story, but it looks good online. Besides maybe negotiating a few more dollars any other thoughts? Thanks people.

9. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I recall you saying that yellow would be a minus for you. I say you get the car you want and not settle.

FYI, if the OEM rear camera was retrofitted, it required a new bumper along with the camera. The bumper has a cutout for the camera, so maybe that is why the bumper had to be repainted.

10. Natkingcolebasket69

Still 15% above your ask.

Tarek307 and ridege55 like this.
  11. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    exactly, he needs to go find his $120K 458 in a salvage yard lol...penny pinching and dreaming while time flies by...

12. Natkingcolebasket69

I mean there a few things
    1-That’s his budget and he can’t stretch it because that would endanger livelihood, savings etc. I respect that. Therefore one option could be to save a few more months to get a better car
    2-OP can pay more than 120k but that’s what he decided his number is. In that case well it may really take time to get that car.

In both cases, not my money , but I’d recommend stretching it.
    Why not use putnam leasing or pfs to get the car?
    I mean OP could put like 30k down and have money on the side with a payment around 2k a month.
    Just a thought!

13. eaf124

eaf124 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 25, 2015
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Eric Field
  14. o31982

o31982 Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    nes
    this same dealership had a modded yellow one for sale, high mileage. 60k miles I believe and it sold private party in Palm Springs for $115k. Dealer listed for $135k.

That black one in Chicago w 38k miles (april 2020) was offered to me at $116k.

Just have to be patient. One will pop up but currently inventory is low and cars are fetching higher prices.

15. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Interesting thread. Years ago(mid1990s) I wanted a 300ZX Twin Turbo. For the life of me I couldn't understand why I couldn't pick one up which was 4-5 years old up for around $15,000. One car i passed had about 12,000 miles and looked practically new. It also had the manufacturer's warranty. I offered the guy $16,000 and he grinned and said the loan on the car was $21,000. Fast forward a year later when realization set in that I wasn't going to get a TT for $15,000. I ended up buying one from a dealership, 5 years old, with 55,000 miles for about $22,000 out the door. Lesson learned.

16. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    A year later, that $7k may have been easier to stomach. I feel similarly about my propensity to accept a higher entry price as time goes on. Cheers.

17. Welikethetrack

Dec 9, 2015
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Leo Haury
    The people being pessimistic here should go to rennlist. Ferrarichat usually has the best people so it’s too bad you have some calling this guy a dreamer. Weren't we all growing up until we got one...

I do think saving money for a little longer to get a really well sorted one with lower miles is the best decision as it will save you money on repairs and maint. Ferraris maint bills are really really expensive so if you can save 20k getting something with 10k miles instead of 30k you’ll probably save that in maint/repairs alone over the course of 5-10 years tbh

That being said i got gt3rs scud e46 m3 m4 and they’re all crazy values. All but the scud value makes no sense to me, Used car prices are crazy right now across the board, just wait for people to go back to traveling and working and not having time to shop for used cars wfh all day hahaha.

prices will be much softer in 6-12 months, I promise you. You’ll find someone here that just wants to get rid of the car or a dealer. Just keep ur Rolodex of cars in the 140k range and in next 12 months and someone will give u a smoking deal after awhile just wanting to be gone with it

18. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    Are Putnam and PFS legit? I was looking at a private car financed through PFS and just got some weird vibes on it. Has anyone purchased a used car financed through PFS?

19. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Yes. Both very reputable companies. They are not conventional loans, so to speak, so the programs and rates are much higher. Attractive alternative if you are trying to stretch into a car you probably shouldn’t be getting into. If a person was trying to stretch I’d recommend getting into lower priced car or wait until you can afford it.

20. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

“ Prices will be much softer in 6-12 months , I promise you “.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14RE458 likes this.
  21. JohnnyTT

JohnnyTT Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    John
    Had looked into PFS. A bunch of dealers work with them. They provide a great option Only if you fit into one of the following...

1. Business expense car (because of lease)
    2. Buying a car you don't want for to long, and won't depreciate too much.
    3. You know you'll have more money within a year or two to refi or buyout.

The reason for this is the rate isn't the best, and they have a handful of fees that can add up.

Best of luck

22. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    "...penny pinching and dreaming while time flies by..."

Comments like this are just so short sighted. EVERYBODY has their own financial situation. I'm way more like the OP in that I have to save for years to be able to buy something and looking at the lower end of markets....I'm sure most of you guys trip over more money walking around the mansion than I make.

These are just cars, I would much rather not buy one than overreach and make a bad financial decision. The OP has seen a few examples of 458s in his price range, not plentiful but they pop-up from time to time.

I bought a Ford GT last year, but couldn't afford the $300k going rate.....so instead of listening to guys insult me from behind a keyboard, I went to work and found one that started with a "1" that fit my budget.

And on the "prices will get softer front", those possible decreases may get wiped out by the increased inflation we will probably be getting.

Hope the OP finds the car that works for his budget.

23. Yellowgallardo1

Yellowgallardo1 Karting

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    marcus
    Just keeping looking around. Message people and just ask around. My last few cars I’ve bought weren’t even listed for sale.

jsh458ft and Shark01 like this.
  24. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    x2, off-market cars can yield some great finds. $120k seems pretty optimistic but $130-140k range maybe workable. Or higher mile car with an accident.

jsh458ft likes this.
  25. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    Yeah I'm already up to 130-140 in my head now. I messaged a member of the forum about their car and got no answer which is fair obviously - any other places people recommend hunting for owners? I don't want to break rules / be a pain in anyone's ass.