First ferrari | Page 2 | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Charlie Goodenough

Feb 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charlie goodenough
    Man this blew up, I have already tried a mas coupe( it was my dads but he let me use it while my jaguar was in the shop for a leaky trunk) and while I drove it it broke twice(note I had it for 3 days) first time the car wouldnt start after a trip to a car show, second time was me going over a speed bump to fast and the car died.
    I would say I could do any car. I like the original boxster, my dad has an old sl and its a fun car as well as a 458, jaguar xks was fun but I already have a jaguar still a fun car, every one owns a 911 but again still a fun car, the only real competitor to the 360 which I have dicided is my favorite Ferrari is the Audi r8/ continental gt. And in case you were wondering why I am in the market I can admit my dad has spolied me a little but most of this is self made by flipping cars and helping my dad in his law firm, Also as I was going home from school this car showed up
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Charlie Goodenough

Feb 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charlie goodenough
    Here is dads Ferrari ive only driven it twice but I would prefer a Manuel and not just paddle shifters, still if if was the right price any car would do
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Charlie Goodenough

Feb 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charlie goodenough
    My first car was a f150
    Second was an xj8
    Third was a mercedes 240d
    Fourth mercedes slk, the packs of deer killed this one

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I would say test drive all 4, one should 'speak to you the most' or at the very least should narrow it down.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Charlie Goodenough likes this.
  5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I know a couple of Manuel's. Nice guys. :)

kes7u likes this.
  6. Charlie Goodenough

Feb 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charlie goodenough
    The xjr was a good car all around but its just a bit too big even compared to my current daily which is an xj8

7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I've spent quite some time with an XJ8 so I know it quite well, my favorite thing was the interior - that smell reminds me of being in an old English abode, not a big fan of the ride though. The 4 cars you listed are very different, and it sounds like you've crossed out the XJR. That said, you should get behind the wheel of the R8/Caymen/360 - one should whisper louder to you than the others. If not - and it really is a toss-up - then let price/condition be tiebreaker.

That's my 2 pennies.

8. Charlie Goodenough

Feb 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charlie goodenough
  9. Charlie Goodenough

Feb 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charlie goodenough
    My daily right now is an 03 xj8 its just the right speed and length but my current sports car a lotus Elise is just killing my back and it is impossible to drive when it is even a little wet

10. Charlie Goodenough

Feb 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charlie goodenough
    On the 360 I loge the challenge stradala paint would you recommend that is is just some thing that isnt done

11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    You do you my friend. If you like it - don't worry what others think, There are no rules on what livery is required. (exception with pink)

Again, it comes down to what pleases you - drive the 360/Caymen S/R8 - one should percolate to the top - I think it's a wrong approach to ask what we think is the best car for you. It's just too subjective.

12. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    see also "so you want to be a millionaire" thread.

sjd