FIRST FERRARI | FerrariChat

FIRST FERRARI

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bruce H Richardson, Apr 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
    Just took the plunge and bought my first Ferrari. Long time car collector. Started out with American muscle, but mostly German cars for quite a few years. Several Porsches and BMW's lately.

Always wanted a Ferrari but unsure which one. With lots of money already sitting in my garage, I figured under $100K for something fairly modern made sense. Looked at 308's and 348's and 355's, but decided on what I thought was best for the money...a 360 Modena. I haven't even taken delivery yet, but I'm psyched to start my Ferrari experience. I will post pictures when it arrives next week.

Two quick questions...some I looked at had the Ferrari horse on the fenders, and some didn't. Why? Were they optional?
    Also, any suggestions on brand of diffuser, or rims? Thanks in advance.

Bruce

gt4me and lee-o like this.
  2. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Congrats! The 360 is great. I had one for 6 years and loved it.

The yellow shields were a factory option. I purchased my 360 from a dealer, and it didn't have shields. The dealer offered to install them, though they would have been glued on, so I passed.

I would recommend getting the Challenge Stradale exhaust. It is much lighter, and the sound is amazing. Enjoy in good health!

3. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson

Thanks for clarifying the shields.

best...

4. vetteldude

vetteldude Rookie

Apr 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Schwyn
    I always liked the 360 modena.