First Impressions: Blu America 812 GTS | Page 2 | FerrariChat

First Impressions: Blu America 812 GTS

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by BaronM69, Nov 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    tomc and BaronM69 like this.
  2. Trilogy

Trilogy Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Mark Humberstone
    I would be interested to hear about the stiffness of the shell compared to the SF, I can tell the difference with my 458 Spider compared to Italia. Thanks Mark.

3. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    My 812 GTS is planted and firm without any cowl shake with the roof up or roof down, bumpy road mode is nice if you're on a bad road but you don't need it on all the time. Others have said similar things but it is more stiff than my Pista Spider.

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  4. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    The suspension set up is softer than the SF. So identifying how stiff the chassis is vs coupe is made harder.
    I have not experienced squeaks, neither cabin nor roof, I don't think the chassis lacks stiffness.
    I have not pushed the car in mountain roads or anything to enable me to judge and compare vs the SF.
    But I would not mind less stiffness: the GTS is a GT. The SF is a sportscar.

xBox, Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  5. Jon Christy

Jon Christy Rookie

Apr 16, 2020
    Anaheim, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jon Christy
    BaronM69 likes this.
  6. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Can someone confirm my feeling that Blu America is darker than Pozzi ?

7. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Blue America is a Metallic Pozzi blue.

johnr265 likes this.
  8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    To my eyes it comes across as a little darker, the medium and light tones are not as prominent so in sunlight the areas that will brighten up are not as many as Pozzi. This comes across more like a “midnight blue” color to my mind.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  9. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Without direct light, it will look just like Pozzi: you won't even see the metallic flakes
    As soon as you have direct light, it looks like a dark TDF.
    More like Blu Lemans but slightly lighter, more purple in it.

It is a dual layer color.

10. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    I hadn't seen this post previously but it's beautiful Baron.

BaronM69 likes this.
  11. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Exactly same impression

Avia11 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #37 Lukeylikey, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Had my GTS since the summer, now 3k miles. Cowl shake is almost non-existent. Best convertible I ever had for this. Pista Spider for example is way more (and that is still more than acceptable). It was a shock to me how good the GTS is. If you know cars, you cannot be disappointed with the cowl shake on a GTS.

The GTS is also brilliant in the twisties. We still have our SF too and to say one is a sports car and the other a GT is misleading to me. They are both very very dynamic sports cars. One has a smaller boot/trunk (I have still done two, week-long trips with my wife in it though, and very comfortably) and a killer-soundtrack with the roof open, the other is a great coupe that sounds awesome too. The better car is the GTS in almost every way. I say that as someone who will keep the coupe and sell the GTS because I did TM on the coupe and would lose too much to sell it in the UK at the moment.

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That's interesting. Last spring I saw two blue 812's at my dealer, one was Le Mans and the other was America. In the sun America definitely looked darker to my eyes. Like Pozzi, it can co e across like almost black. I have Pozzi stripes on my Pista, and out of the sun, people initially think it's black, not blue. Blu Le Mans is always blue, if that makes any sense. Just my observations. I think a colour that is metallic and slots in between TdF and Le Mans is NART. My Pista Spider had Blu NART stripe, and it seemed darker than TdF, but lighter than Le Mans. Really went well with the blue CF.

Just my observations:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    For me, there is green in Nart blue.
    I think the Nart is a mix between TDF Blue and Abu Dhabi Blue.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Yes, green is especially noticeable on a white Ferrari with the contrast of the NART color for a livery stripe.

16. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    It's about the set up: the GTS makes the ride more comfortable than the SF. Softer suspensions, quieter cabin, slightly quieter exhaust.
    Are both sports cars? yes of course with SF being a stiffer more aggressive ride.
    One could even say the trunk size makes the GTS less of a GT actually, while the SF could take loads of luggage ;)

I totally agree that the GTS is the superior car of both.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  17. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Love Blu America, have always wanted to build a Ferrari in that colour and your upgraded interior leather is amazing- nice touch! Congrats on a beauty spec, mine is just a few weeks away and I hope to put some fun miles on it! Enjoy it, driving during the day and late night home scotch/cigars :) have gotten me through some rough lockdown crap!

BaronM69, of2worlds and Bundy like this.
  18. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Question for you guys...

Do you feel like you sit better in the gts? I feel more comfortable in the gts. I haven't figured out why but when I drive it... It seems like there is more room or there is just something about it that seems to fit my build better and I haven't been able to figure it out

19. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Im 6’3”, and regret not being able to tilt the seat back bit further, like I could do in the SF, as the seat is as further back as possible (same as sf).
    I still sit too high, thanks to the compulsory seat lifter system on the racing seats in the us.

yet, it does feel more “ cocoony”, possibly due to the absence of real shelve + less nat light in the cabin + less noise and softer suspensions

20. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
  21. 458cc

458cc Rookie

Jan 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Gorgeous spec'd 812GTS, congrats!

BaronM69 likes this.