First post, is, sadly a bummer | FerrariChat

First post, is, sadly a bummer

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by jadevo, Mar 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jadevo

jadevo Rookie

Mar 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jaden Devogel
    Howdy Ferrari folks. This is, I am sure going to sound spammy...just no avoiding it. EspeciLly as a first post. Like a Nigerian bank wire email. Only, sadly, it's not.

I've been a automotive enthusiast since age 8. Owned a Porsche 944, vr6 GTI, hopped up Jetta 1.8t. I'm not rich, just a lowly web developer with with kids to support ;). Nothing special car wise, but I lived for track days.

Anyhow. The primary reason I write is that my cousin Jake, in Terre Haute, now 25, is on hospice. He had a heart transplant at 3, and transplant hearts dont last forever.

All the guy wants, is some rides in cool cars before he heads out. Crap, he would probably even settle for looking at one. He's a great kid and has been though more hell than most will in 90yrs in his short 25.

If you think it's all BS, please message - I can get you a phone # for me, my uncle or my cousin. Again, if you feel this is all bull I wouldn't blame you. It is the internet after all. If you feel like writing and have some free time to spend with a car nut in Terre Haute, please write, I'll get you contact info - I know he would appreciate it. I'm also on LinkedIn, Jaden DeVogel.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
  3. jadevo

jadevo Rookie

Mar 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jaden Devogel
    Thanks for the reply man. I have checked into a few driver experience type events, but most if not all disqualify folks with health issues due to liabilities. Fair enough, it just sucks for him. Thanks for the ideas though! I do appreciate it. I'm going to keep pounding the pavement.

4. Maxsar

Maxsar Rookie

Jun 4, 2016

I have a question for you. Is your cousin in good enough condition to meet me at the Putnam Park Road course? It’s about 45 miles from Terre haute. I’m a member of the course and should be able to take him out on one of the member days. Normally those take place during the week. I describe the course as the motor sports version of “Field of Dreams”. There tend to be a maximum of 4-5 cars on the course at any one time. I drive a 488. My guess is that the owner/manager of the club might be willing to send out an email to other members and see if anyone else could give him a ride. It’s pretty casual. He’d could wear street clothes and borrow a helmet.

If that doesn’t work I might be able to swing by Terre Haute at some point during the first two weeks of April. I’m planning to drive to Chicago both weeks, and might be able to divert to Terre Haute. I can’t promise I can make it, but I’m willing to try.

5. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I can't help this young man unfortunalty because of distance - but your track sounds awesome - retired I'd be on it all the time - we have nothing in the mnts like that - that is the only thing missing in y life

6. Maxsar

Maxsar Rookie

Jun 4, 2016
    Unfortunately, it appears as though the young man died a couple weeks ago. I sent off a note using linkedin to see if he would be available later this week. Then, because it was an internet invitation, I did a bit of checking to see if I could independently verify the existence of the young man. I came across an obituary that confirmed the details in his cousin's original request.