First Time Ferrari Buyer - 2012 FF | FerrariChat

First Time Ferrari Buyer - 2012 FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Scout123, Nov 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scout123

Scout123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2017
    I have read a lot of posts on the FF on this great website (including "my white FF"). I have always had a sports car (usually Porche 911s or Maserati) and a second "daily driver" SUV or sedan. I am thinking going all in one car I can use year round - hence the FF. The prices are pretty good on 2012. I am looking at this CPO from Denver Ferrari. Thoughts? I prefer going CPO route on my first Ferrari to feel a bit more secure on this purchase. I live in Kansas City. There are some great Ferrari mechanics here, but no dealership. I can get all service done here, but that won't help on any CPO warranty issues for the free maintenance left on this model.

http://fblod.com/showroom/inventory/ferrari-ff-zff73ska1c0183826/

2. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    IIRC this car had served FoD as a dealership demo car for years. That shouldn't really be an issue. Make sure you like the build, ie it doesn't have cruise control and parking cameras. Double check with them on CPO status because CPO might not be there if the price isn't right. ;)

3. Scout123

Scout123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2017
    Thanks. Looks like cruise control became standard on 2013 forward.

4. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    The FF is Ferrari's best kept secret. I had a 2012 that I put around 30,000 miles on then moved up to my 2014 FF which just went over 30,000 miles even though I got it after the 2015's came out, very late '14 as I remember. I also have a Cali T. I drive both all year in NW Ohio. I put SottoZero's on the cars for the winter, about when the first snowfall is predicted. Get yourself a second set of wheels for your snow tires. Here are a couple of my YouTube videos and .

You can purchase additional warranty until the car hits 52,000 miles I think. I have a dealership 93 miles away and another 130 miles away. They both offer a reduced price tow job. I prefer that they be on a rollback rather than in a trailer as the driver must crawl through the window to get in and out while in the trailer, not needed on a rollback. The car will get dirty while hauled on the rollback but I prefer to wash mine rather than let the dealer do it just to keep the paint perfect. Good luck with your choice! You will find the FF to be W A Y better than any Porsche, and I've owned them, still a PCA member over 32 years!

raider1968 likes this.
  5. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Jump on that mama - bare bones in extras but the interior is great and they run like a mad dog

kenwidmerpool likes this.
  6. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
  7. x599

x599 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2010
    I I've the diamond quilting, it's a beautiful car, good luck to you!

8. Magnani

Magnani Rookie

Feb 26, 2017
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I just bought a 2012 FF six months ago for the same purpose. Have put 5k miles already, use it every day. I also had a few 911 daily drivers before switching. I'm in Chicago and have my winter tires coming Wednesday. I got the one year $5k warranty, and recommend it for your mental health, although I've only used it to have a window motor replaced(see threads on PTU problems). I love it. I have had many of the common problems: battery, many warning lights, parking sensor ghosts, etc. I have been to the dealer more times in the last 6 months than I did in 6 years of Porsche ownership, but as someone in the forum has said "this is part of the charm of Ferrari ownership". My biggest gripe is the service dept has no real loaners ( a couple of times they gave me a 10 year old Merc SUV with 150k miles, heavily smoked in, with a RIP bullet keychain) There are some people who would go bonkers after spending this much on a relatively new car. I still love it. I say go for it........

9. Scout123

Scout123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2017
    How does the California do on the snow with the SottoZerros? Had them on a Maserati. Tires make a world of difference. AWD on summers are nothing next to RWD on winters.

10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I'm sure a cali with snows will do just fine. roma drives his 550 and f12 through NYC winters all the time.

11. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Also bought a 2014 FF and it has to be one of the best F-cars ever made. Scary fast and as comfortable as a S-Class when driving normal. The car has two personalities and does both well without compromise.

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Looking good my friend - Congrats and enjoy in good health :)

13. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Thank you.

14. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Diamond stitching matches GT cars like this very well.

15. PeteyDaddy

PeteyDaddy Karting

May 25, 2017
    Absolutely love mine. Sold a 2015 GT3 and haven't looked back. It's such a different experience and so very special to drive...its much older brother in the pic :) Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kenwidmerpool likes this.