FIRST TIME FERRARI OWNER | FerrariChat

FIRST TIME FERRARI OWNER

Discussion in '360/430' started by Bruce H Richardson, Apr 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
    #1 Bruce H Richardson, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Just joined your group. Long time car enthusiast/collector that has had mainly American muscle and then German cars. Porsche's and BMW's mainly. Always lusted after a Ferrari. Picked out a 360 Modena. In transit now, but already looking at a couple of mods to make it mine.

Wondering what people think is the best diffuser? Not even positive that i want one but I think so.

Also, I have seen the Challenge Stradale rims and they look good. Any other suggestions?

Why do some 360's have the ferrari horse on the fenders, and some don'y?

Thanks

Red 27 likes this.
  2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well congrats! New owner posts are terrible without the obligatory pics. So when she arrives post ‘em up

Rear diffusers - if you are talking about the diffuser under the rear of the car, there is only one real option and that would be going with the same design but in carbon fiber. Several vendors offer these. Prices and I hear quality vary greatly. Check eBay and on this forum for recommendations.

360’s come with 18 inch wheels, you might look at the 19 inch scud wheels as an option. Or the OEM 430 wheels, many folks have up graded their 360 to these wheels. Gives the car a more modern look.

Shields: the shields were a factory option. Some buyers added them, some did not. Factory shields are set into a slight fender indentation. After market shields are available. They are attached with double sided tape and still look nice. You would only want the costlier ones for them to look authentic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Red 27 likes this.
  3. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Congratulations on your new ride.

4. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
    Thanks! Some stuff to think about.

5. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
    Thanks!

360+Volt=Prius likes this.
  6. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Go aftermarket 19s for wheels . You will probably pay a cheaper price for them than you will for any OEM Ferrari wheels . I paid $4500.00 for my custom offset 19" DPE wheels .

7. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    #7 brookliner7, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    First, congrats on the car!!
    Any pics of the other previous cars?

Unfortunately with diffusers....unless you go OEM CS quality/fitment will be hit or miss...it's a gamble, a high dollar aftermarket does not gaurantee you good fitment unfortunately. There's some cheap fiberglass chinese ones on eBay you can can paint black and hope they line up decent enough. since there cheap, maybe you can drill them/massage them to fit better.

For wheels, I debated long and hard, looked at numerous setups of aftermarket wheels, and for my taste on the 360, the CS style wheels won, with the OEM base F430 in second place. Oliver is a member here and makes lighter, wider offest, and cheaper CS inspired wheels...

See here...

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/19-challenge-wheels-for-3-000.593670/page-3#post-146544881

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I love my set.

Agree with what's been said about the fender sheilds...they were an option and were frenched into the fender...

My car did not come with this desireable option, when I bought the car, there were cheap stickers to look like the shield. I yanked them off and got some nice aftermarket shields, about $300 for the setup,

These were recommended to me and the quality is great!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FERRARI-SCUDERIA-FENDER-SHIELDS-BADGES-308-328-TR-348-355-360-430-456-458-550/133007962806?hash=item1ef7e472b6:g:uyoAAOSwa39UzeRy&frcectupt=true

Here you can see the obvious difference in quality.
    $300 well spent.

Bruce H Richardson likes this.
  8. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
    Yes, the OEM's are at least $4K up to $6K depending on the style on ebay...plus rubber. Can you send me a picture of yours?

9. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
    Those look great. I had CS on an M3 that were really perfect. Have looked at Challenge Stradale 430 rims and regular 430 rims for sure too. All great choices...won't know until I actually see my car.

Never had a Ferrari before, but currently own a 2012 Porsche Turbo S and a 2006 BMW M5 and a supercharged 99 BMW M Roadster and some other lesser stuff. Unfortunately, I'm on the road and won't be home to see my new 360 for another three weeks. Funny thing, I get home on my birthday, so it will be like opening a present I bought myself. Really looking forward to it.

Attached Files:

f355spider and brookliner7 like this.
  10. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
    I just uploaded pics of some other cars in my collection

brookliner7 likes this.
  11. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON

12. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
  13. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Pics of the car you bought please or it didn't happen lol

14. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
    All bought and paid for...done deal. Not home yet. Hopefully the car will arrive in the next few days. Unfortunately, I won't be home to actually see her until May 3. Here is a picture for now.. Image Unavailable, Please Login

G. Pepper, kes7u and brookliner7 like this.
  15. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Great color! Congrats!

16. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
    yes...I'm really starting to like the colors...red interior too. Trying to decide if I want black rims maybe. Any thoughts on that?

17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I have the same spec, Grigio Titanio 3 pedal with Bordeaux interior....but one of the first things I did was rip all the red carpet out and replace it with Nero (black)

18. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It appears we maybe cousins in color. I have a coupe in the silver, crazily described as Argento Nurburgring metallic with the Bordeaux interior. I suspect that this is your interior color instead of hot Ferrari red. IMHO, the Bordeaux is easier on the eyes. .I have the 18" Scud wheels in the dark color. The wheel color was a departure from the silver alloys I had always purchased in former sports cars. The dark alloys look so much better with the silver body.

Initially, I was concerned about the interior color. However, when I show pictures of the vehicle I was planning to buy to my wife and sisters, they were most enthusiastic. Often, indecision that causes one from taking action is moderated by the words of encouragement from a loved one. I have had no regrets.

I can only imagine how intense your feelings are as you wait for May 3. Enjoy the ride!

19. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
    Thanks for the pic of yours. You are right, that color rim looks great on it. If you have another pic full side view, it would be appreciated.

Yeah, it's driving me crazy that I've never even seen her in person. At least I know that it will be safely waiting in my garage. Looking forward to my birthday present that I bought myself ;)

20. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Bruce:

In looking through my file of pics, I realized I did not have a full side shot. However, the weather here in Albuquerque is delightful and with a cloudless sky. I will take a picture in a couple of hours and post it for your pleasure. I hope it does not intensive your anticipation... too much!

21. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
    YOU are the MAN!

Much appreciated, and don't worry...I'm sure that my wife would tell you that I'm already out of my mind with anticipation.

22. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Congrats! I like all of the factory wheels for the 360, even the starfish wheels, but my favorites in the looks department are the modulars. They are heavier than the Challenge wheels, and they look like they're from the period, but that's why I like them. They would look ridiculous on a more modern car. I do plan to get a set of Challenge wheels eventually.

23. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Bruce:

Here is a side view of my car. The sun was nearly overhead, so the wheels are bit in shadow. In the parlance of "Top Chef," Enjoy!

24. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
    Thanks!
    I agree...they all look nice. My first thought was that I like the look of the Challenge rims. I'm definitely going to live with the stock rims for a while (once I actually see the car) and see how I feel. I don't always change things. Most of my cars have stock rims. The only current one that I changed is my M5..to M6 rims, because I think the stock ones didn't look like they belonged on a performance car. My first thought on the 360 was to make it look more modern maybe. I also thought some carbon fiber fins on the diffuser would modernize it too. Like I said, I might feel very different once I live with the car a little. Looking forward to it!

G. Pepper likes this.
  25. Bruce H Richardson

Apr 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bruce H Richardson
    Looks great for sure. Wondering why you used 18's not 19's. Is there a clearance problem using the ones from the 430? I believe they are 19's.