Fixed QV Washer Fluid light | FerrariChat

Fixed QV Washer Fluid light

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by kevinkw, Nov 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevinkw

kevinkw Karting

Apr 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Hi All,
    After reading advice on here and looking at a bunch of YouTube videos, finally solved the washer fluid light issue.
    At first, I tried just disconnecting the plug that leads to the sensor, but that didn't help.
    Looking at the sensor itself, it looks like there are 2 metal strips in a glass tube that when magnetized, touch each other and closes a circuit. Watching YouTube videos confirmed that most of these sensors worked with a tube that floats within the washer tank and when full floats a magnet closer to the sensor. The magnet tube in my car no longer did what it was designed to do.
    I first bought some magnets, and tried to tape it to the sensor, but depending on the position of the magnet, it wasn't always reliable. Also the tape would get jostled during driving.
    So I ended up finding a wire and soldering it to either ends of the glass tube and bypassing it. It still snaps back into the washer tank as well.
    In case this happens to someone else, pretty quick fix. Bought soldering iron and wires on Amazon for $30. Which I'm guessing will be handy for other projects on the QV.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

StuR likes this.
  2. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nice work.... My float sensor had completely disintegrated when I bought my car and managed to get a new one - but they are now NLA.

Btw - by disconnecting the sensor and shorting out the circuit, that will turn off the washer lamp too (if your sensor can't be fixed like yours)

3. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Fixed or bypassed??
    I don't think my QV has anything like that... where is that located?