Flaming Posts, Outright Attacks and a big "I'm Sorry" | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Flaming Posts, Outright Attacks and a big "I'm Sorry"

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by matteo, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #101 TexasMike, Sep 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

My grandfather always taught me that the true mark of a gentleman is in how he treats women. So maybe eveyone can say nice things about Matt, but lets leave the term Gentleman out of the conversation.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I like Matt, but I have to agree with this one. He's got some issues there.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I know, I know.....I can get crazed after wearing a hatful of ice for an afternoon! ;)

5. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Venus is a woman??
    Ladylike doesn't seem to hit the mark there, if you catch my drift. Chelle has a better shot.

6. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Sad comment. So can you tell me exactly why Venus should be the alltime favorite recipiant of gender insults. At the least she actually owns the cars she talks about. I guess women unless they are really attractive should not tread in this turf.

7. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitten!

...or something like that!

8. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I don't know about that. She always shows pictures of her other cars, but not her Ferrari.

Many here don't believe she really owns a Ferrari.

9. freddy

freddy Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 23, 2005
    Thank you for proving my point about new members being received with open arms.

I have seen posts where it is claimed Ferrari Chat has some 20,000 plus members. If people like jvbjr or matteo are such lightening rods for controversy, why have them here? From my readings it seems jvbjr is gone for good. Matteo seems to be returning after the weekend. Other people in this thread have cited issues with matteo, so this is clearly not his first brush against the populace here. Is matteo's contribution to Ferrari discussion so significant it warrants his return is all I ask.

Ultimately this web site is about the cars, not the members. When the administrators allow the members to steal the show over the intent of the site, something is lost for the other 19,990 members isn't it? I am not an everyday reader, so I can't say anything for sure, but it seems to me at least, matteo's contributions are more about the members than the cars. I know I came here to learn about Ferraris to aid me in making a decision on which models are desirible or undesirible inregards to cost and maintence. I never checked this off topic area before because I came for the cars, this infighting has been forced on all F-Chat members when threads like this are placed in the Ferrari Discussion section. The thread has since been moved, but its like a car crash, now we everyone is looking.

The last thing I will say about this is, when a member overshadows the populace or the purpose of the website, it is time for them to create their own website that better suits their needs instead of trying to pervert an existing website into their own.

10. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Venusone owns a black 308 i think.

11. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Hello :D and welcome to F-CHAT, so what do you think of it so far??

12. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #112 darth550, Sep 24, 2005
  13. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    So,I don't own the cars I talk about? WTF?
    Venus seems to beg for it. Dunno why. Lots of classy women on here, no idea what they look like. Venus certainly isn't classy. If you act like "one of the boys", expect in kind.
    Whatever suits your version of reality. Sad indeed.
    Neither you or Freddy have enough info in your profiles to tell. I know you a little, Glassman, so I am surprised you are so beligerent in this thread. Guess Matt rubbed you wrong.
    Always amazes me how trolls (Dr.Freddy) come out when someone gets banned.

14. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

I was refering to Matt, not you. And yes Matt did rub me the wrong way. I won't elaberate on that in public. My profile is slim because my wife was the recipiant of a very violent crime and we have a policy of discretion online. My creditials are firm in the Ferrari community.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    jvbjr, you are a pathetic low life P.O.S. Why don't you just go away like you said you would?

Geez, why are you hiding your identity and using anonymizer? I can't imagine. ;)

16. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    New members that want to be part of the group and not AGAINST it are, IMO, welcomed. I've read new member posts and thought,"man, cool" or "this person knows his/her stuff." I don't care if it's their first or 10000th post. I am not saying that new members need to echo everything old timers do. They just shouldn't come in here trying to pi$$ everyone off without an established history. Matt has been here awhile. Yes, he's crossed the line a few times but his contributions, IMO, are why he's still allowed back.

This site isn't just about cars. It is about the members who love Ferraris and, thus, is a "chat" and social site. I come to here to BS about cars, learn about technical issues and decompress (or is that decompose?) in the OOT section. There are plenty of sites out there which are dedicated to just cars and are void of any social contact. The distinction between those sites and F-chat is huge.

Dane

17. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Like I said Rob, move them to subscribed. For your sake. Montana Max and Mullet Millionaire seem to be fixated. Knew they would.
    And anonymizer boy does seem to have better grammar now. Hmmmm.
    Glassman, no harm, it didn't seem like U anyway. :) Anyone who has a 250 is OK in my book.

18. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    I give you permission to use "stinky, maggot-infested, dope smoking, good for absolutely nothing POS." It worked for Mikey Boy.

Dane

19. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    IS THIS GUY FROM NJ????

WE HAVE WAYS TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE LIKE THAT

BRUCE

20. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    RIGHT ON ROB!!!!!! Let's hope that one sinks in!

So from Wyoming to New Jersey...the "Jagoff du jour" just cant stay away!

Another sniveling f.uck who watches too many legal dramas goes down in flames!

Next!

21. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #121 TexasMike, Sep 24, 2005
  22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Time to close this baby down. Matt still has about 18 hours left of detention.