Flaminia Zagato | FerrariChat

Flaminia Zagato

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by fedev, Feb 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fedev

fedev Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    Good morning gentlemen.
    Any direct experience/educated opinion on the Flaminia Zagato?
    Loooks gorgeous to me, but a bit scared of potential criticaal points and effective enjoyability in (reasonably limited) real world driving.
    Which series is to prefer and how muche should one expect to pay?
    Thanks

2. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Beautiful cars, perhaps one of the most beautiful IMO.
    I have no first hand experience, but talking to people who know these cars, the 3C engines can be a bit tricky to keep in tune apparently. What I do know is that an elderly gentlman here drives his Flaminia Zagato Super Sport all year round, so they can't be that bad.

Price, I reckon around 35,000US for a rough example, getting on towards 70,000US for the very best.

If you do buy one, be sure to post pictures of it, lots of pictures.

Cheers
    Simon

3. cptndon

cptndon Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2005
    Annapolis
    Can anyone here can tell me where one of these cars is
    available in the US? I'm ready to pull the trigger.

4. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I had a Flaminia Touring Coupe for many years.

5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

I used to own a Flaminia, but not a Zagato. Very nice car to drive but a little under powered. The cylinder head design left something to be desired in the area of breathing but it was sturdy. The chassis was very well balanced and the car did fabulous 4 wheel drifts. The transaxle output/CV shafts were poor quality material and although they look quite sturdy had a bad habit of snapping off when the car was driven in a sporting fashion.

Overall Lancia's of the period were beautifully made, to a standard not often seen in post war cars. I have not had one in many years but I still have a real affection for them. An Aurelia Spyder or Fulivia HF would be great too.

6. fedev

fedev Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
  7. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    There was a ratty one in Burbank California about 5 years ago. Great car for the money!! Might just be the one in the ad, as there is an 818 (San Fernando Vally, California) area code phone number...