Flannel Car Covers | FerrariChat

Flannel Car Covers

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SorpassoRosso, Nov 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SorpassoRosso

SorpassoRosso Karting

Jun 5, 2008
    I recently purchased an indoor Flannel type car cover. A bit heavy, but on the inside it has a very soft cotton fabric. However, every time I uncover the car, it leaves a hazy residue all over the windows and paint. The same occurred with other brands as well.
    Is this a common issue with flannel covers?

2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It's one issue with car covers in general.

First, wash the cover with whatever laundry detergent the maker recommends. Be careful not to shrink it in the dryer. Unless you have a front load washer, you'll probably need to use a laundromat heavy duty washer.

Then, make sure you quick detail your car every time you plan to put the cover on it. That also means cleaning the outside of all windows. Whatever road dust and dirt adheres to your car's paint gets smudged by the cover.

If all of this sounds like a pain in the a$$, that's because it is. I'm not a fan of car covers, but for indoor use on cars that are rarely driven I could see using a very light one to keep some of the dust off of it. Also, if your garage has windows, it can help keep sunlight from hitting part of the car.