Flipping my old car | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Flipping my old car

Discussion in '348/355' started by Drew_4RE, Mar 30, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    damn, I didn't really pay attention to that.

"Car has only been driven on sunny days never in rain or salty roads. The paint looks awsome and the inside looks new."

Thats BS. I am getting more worked up that he's intentionally trying to misrepresent this car!

2. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    I just shot him a couple of questions on ebay. Let's see what he comes back with...
    Although I don't think anyone in their right mind would be gullible enough to believe that a 19-year-old car with 40k miles and 5 previous owners (according to the Autocheck report anyway) from locations virtually all over the US, has never seen rain or salty roads...

3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Is he a member here? What if he sees this?

4. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    Mike, IMHO, if he's a member here, all the more reason for him to answer the questions. Considering that the car has had 5 owners (correct?), for this guy to advertise that the car has NEVER seen rain is a bold statement that goes way beyond what most people might consider as acceptible advertising "liberties". I would like to know how he intends to back up this claim. I'm glad Drew didn't sit on this. Whoever buys this car could be a future Brother...

5. gandalfthegray.

gandalfthegray. Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Pinewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I just don't get why people don't post good photos. I've sold a lot of things on Ebay over the last 8+ years and it's so important to show good clear photos. This guy appears to be using a cell phone in the garage. Pics are grainy and don't show very well at all. He would be surprised at how much more interest a good set of photos would generate.

6. MonoSpecchio

MonoSpecchio Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    When they've got something to hide.

7. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    FIRST POST since 2006???? :)

I rarely do a +1 on "first posters", but this one deserves a +1

Welcome to the POSTING side of F-Chat 208GT4 :)

Jedi

8. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LOL!! He put the definition into "lurker"...3 and half years and he finally broke his silence :)

9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I understand, and I agree. ;)

10. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    The seller actually sent me a response last night. Here it is:

"30k"

That's it. I assume this is the answer to my question of when the last major was performed. He didn't address my question about the car never being driven in rain or on salty roads. Looks like he also modified the listing description. It now reads:

"I only drive on sunny days never in rain or salty roads garaged kept."

LMAO!!!

11. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I grew up in Indianapolis and attend most of the Ferrari gatherings. NEVER seen this car or heard of this guy

12. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Interesting

13. markgllc

markgllc Karting

Dec 25, 2008
    Fairborn, OH
    I am always cautious of cars being sold that still have the temp tag in the window...it's either an old pic, the seller is turning the car and has owned it a very short time or it got put in storage after the temp tag ran out. A car that has not been driven is an invitation for seals to dry out, crack and start leaking. I've had garage queen cars...usually look great but mechanically can be a chore (and expensive) to replace all the engine, tranny, AC and brake seals. If you just want to look at a car in your garage...buy a poster. It's much cheaper ;-) Cars are ment to be...DRIVEN!!!!

14. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    Unfortunately until the new owners actually 'registers it' it will still be in the title name. I went through that when I was getting 'out of state' camera speeding tickets after selling a car. I filled out the 'release of liability' and sent it in and the DMV said it was still my car ..... :( .......... I sent all tickets back with explanation and it took a while to finally get the new owner to register it ..... :eek:

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LOL...I love that advice :)