FOC Holiday party - Pictures | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FOC Holiday party - Pictures

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Nov 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    What time should we plan on being at Outback?

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    4:30 pm

They'll reserve some tables for us. We can have some drinks at the tables at 4:30pm and get organized and order dinner around 5pm. So if anybody has plans for other Holiday parties they can still join and leave early enough. Just hoping the weather won't be too horrible.

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #28 tifosi12, Dec 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A pic of the awards, so please bring your receipts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    Is the award just for maintenance or does that include upgrades and parts?

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Includes any labor and parts you paid for during this year. If you bought a tubi or new wheels that counts as much as doing a 30k on the belts.

BTW: I can be very discrete about the numbers if somebody doesn't want the world (or wife) to know.

The award is open for everybody coming to the Holiday party. You don't have to be a FOC member to qualify. But the bills have to be for a Ferrari.

6. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    Yes, thank you.

7. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    Great time last night, it was fun seeing everyone. A big thanks to Andreas for organizing another fun FOC event. It seems if I am to win one of Andreas's very cool trophies I will need to spend more money next year!!

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks all for coming. Was a very nice turnout and I'm still stunned over the wonderful gift you guys and gals gave me. Armed with a Ferrari weather station it will be a piece of cake to predict Chicago weather for futurer events. <cough> Right.

Congratulations to John and Ann for winning the Gumball trophy. I need to look it up, but I have a feeling you have nailed a 100% record attendance of all FOC events.

Also congratulations (or is that commiserations?) to the maintenance award winners:

1) Richard (Flywheel and clutch for 23 Billion USD)
    2) Da Twins (30k and waterpump for a mere 537,000 USD)
    3) Bill (new tubi at a measly 76,352.25 USD)

Somehow I think you guys paid a bit too much. :)

We haven't decided yet what we'll do for next year's awards. Gumball trophy for most events attended is a given and of course individual trophies at events. But we'll hold off on the maintenance event, call it "deferred maintenance". :)

Any interest in another edition of the Mille Miglia challenge? This time open to ALL participants. :)

9. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    Thanks Andreas for the great party. Thanks as well for the great trophy. I sincerely hope I do not win that award again!

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #35 tifosi12, Dec 9, 2007
  11. TwinOne

TwinOne Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    Mizar V
    Full Name:
    Robert
    As always, another well planned event by Andreas! Every award presented was a work of art! The maintenance awards soften every dollar spent. Great to see familiar faces! Everyone have a great holiday season and we'll see you next year. That is unless we get some driving weather :D

12. wer

wer Rookie

Jun 25, 2007
    Chicago, IL USA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks Andreas for planning the party and the "prizes!" A great group of people. Have a wonderful holiday and I hope to see you again in the Spring. Ferrari forever!. bill

PS: Chris, I did find correct NASA site. Thanks!

13. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #38 Dave Bendl, Dec 9, 2007
  14. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Andreas, I'm really glad you enjoy the gift; we all really love you and respect you. You are truly a Great leader!!!

I really wanted to make the party, but I couldn't. The vision in my only good eye has become so bad, that I'm no longer comfortable driving in the dark.

I'm hoping that my opthamologist can give me some hope when I see him this coming Friday.

I'm glad you all had fun, and Richard, Ed told me he thought you would win the trophy! :D

15. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    I have to say it's been a pleasure working with Andreas on club events. He has done a great job with the FOC.

Skip, you need to be more vocal about these things. I could have picked you up & drove you home had I known. Your not that far away.
    Dave

16. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Great FOC Christmas Party!!

Sorry, I didn't get around to speak to everyone, there were so many in attendance, it was simply great!

With all this cold weather coming in, there are no more driving days left this year. So I'll have to start the Ferrari-Dos. Kind of like Honey-Dos, but more important:D:D

17. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    It really looks like everyone had a great time. Mary and I really wanted to attend but were called out of town for a family emergency. Hopefully we will be able to catch up with everyone at events in the spring.

Happy Holidays to all!

18. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Thanks 'Dabe', I know I can count on you and some others, I just didn't want anyone to have to go out of their for me.

19. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    #44 speedy_sam, Dec 11, 2007
  20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually we rarely ever discuss F1.

21. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Awwww SStop Ittt Skipula.... I'm trying to work and these papers on my desk are getting flooded out by the tears...

Bwaaaaaa !!!! :( :( :(

22. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky

I'm sorry Billiam, I didn't mean to make you cry, though it was a nice sobbing we had together at midnight when you called! :(