FOC Indoor Go Kart event on March 19 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FOC Indoor Go Kart event on March 19

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    No F-car to bring here, but I will bring my Elise provided the salt is gone and the temps are above freezing :)

2. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    I'm planning to bring the Maserati.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It'll be red and say Ferrari on it. Only question is whether the V8 is in front or in the center...
    :)

4. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    hey count me in Daytona Rick

5. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Do we know which track we'll be running on by any chance... or are we running a mix of tracks 1 and 2?

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Depends on the amount of people/groups on that particular day. However if last year is any indication: We were on track 1. We were going counter clockwise, but that might be another spur of the moment decision. Before our event last year I checked out the place and drove clockwise which is a very different experience.

Did I mention that the karts are gas powered (not electric!) and go darn well. You can get them to slide if you will. However the big question when looking at the track is really finding the line and the eternal choice of braking and short cutting vs riding it out the long way.

7. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
  8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Time for an update:

Confirmed drivers:
    Dan
    Chuck
    Mo
    Dave
    Andreas
    Mike AR
    Rick
    Mike Z

Potential drivers:
    Chelle
    Bill
    Rocketboy
    Mike Caps

There is still plenty of room at the Inn.

9. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    I think maybe I'd like to have a go.

Daryl Adams

10. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Haley is definitely in now as a driver... as she's just over 100lbs and loves driving she hopes to be pretty competative.. I am likely to be in too - but I'm still up in the air on if I'll be able to make it. We probably won't be in anything red as we're trying to get a ton of things done on the cars before summer.
    Chelle

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The unfair advantage.
    :)

12. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Tell her to be ready to correct oversteer constantly if she wants to carry any speed through the turns ;)

I'm a midget myself, and while we do have a slight advantage in the acceleration department (I've raced people FAR heavier than myself down the straight and they were right there with me for the most part)... we're left behind as far as grip goes.

13. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    See my post above this one :)

14. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Andreas, I'm in. Any of the dates work for me--preferrably a Saturday.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Jack, March 19 is a Saturday. It'll be in the afternoon.

Confirmed drivers:
    Dan
    Chuck
    Mo
    Dave
    Andreas
    Mike AR
    Rick
    Mike Z
    Haley
    Jack

Potential drivers:
    Chelle
    Bill
    Rocketboy
    Mike Caps
    Daryl

Ok, we reached ten confirmed drivers, so every additional driver makes the qualifying races all the more meaningful. We will have our own Indy bubble.

16. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    Count me, charlie vainder and dad, john vainder.

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Great Charlie, glad you and your Dad can make it.

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Welol,This is certainly turning out to be a Fantastic Event! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

WE DRIVE!!!!

19. BOYRACER

BOYRACER Karting

May 9, 2004
    Alright guys, I used to work for a short time at CIR and will do what I can to have us taken care of! I will go to CIR this weekend and make sure that we have parking spots saved off for the F-CARs to help us in grouping together and getting some nice pictures. Also the idea of helping out heavier drivers has come up because it is a given that with small karts the heavier people are at a large disadvatage! here is what I suggest. There will be probably 2-3 pre-qualifiers(given that we do a grand prix) and one final race. I will suggest to CIR if this is ok with the F-chat guys that the heavier drivers start in the front of the field for the pre-qualifiers(I am sure there will only be one or two people qualified as being handicapped enough by weight to be placed in front). Since they are going to be slower in the karts this should make it fair and competetive for all people driving! The final race is set up by how you finished position wise in the pre-qualifiers so this seems like the best way to put things! If anyone is opposed to this then let me know and I can ditch the idea!

My second thought was that we could have an enduro! If we have a large enough interest we could set up a track 3 enduro and run one heavy and one light guy together(or one experienced and non experienced). I ran this with the porsche club event and it was a blast! Either way I will do what i can to help the event out as much as possible! I am looking foward to meeting you guys and driving at the event!

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Mo, this all sounds terrific!

Would be nice to have the reserved parking for Ferraris. Also I like the idea of letting the heaviest guys start in front for the qualifying races. You're quite right, we don't want to turn this into a big science exercise so picking just the few heaviest would do the trick and be just fair.

You mention the Enduro. Can you elaborate about it a bit more please? It might be interesting, especially in the driver pairings you suggest. You also mention track 3. Would that mean the combined track 1 and 2? And if so, would the place go along with that? I would certainly love that idea, but let's hear more details.

Confirmed drivers:
    Dan
    Chuck
    Mo
    Dave
    Andreas
    Mike AR
    Rick
    Mike Z
    Haley
    Jack
    Charlie V.
    John V.

Potential drivers:
    Chelle
    Bill
    Rocketboy
    Mike Caps
    Daryl
    Bob & son

21. BOYRACER

BOYRACER Karting

May 9, 2004
    If we get a good turnout an enduro might be a great way to go about things because it would allow for more tracktime! For example we could do a 1 hr enduro with each driver getting 30mins of tracktime! Believe me if you try to go 30min you will get very tired! I have done this before and it was a blast, you can also do more driver changes if you would like between the two people! It is just a different way to do things so that we have options! Track 3 is a blast, it is track one and two put together! Times are a little over 30secs and the track becomes a little more challenging! Of course the cost is a little more but I can get some numbers for us again if you would like! It all depends on how many people we get! If we do not have enough people for a track 3 enduro the grand prix on either track is still a blast! right now we have about 15 people which may not be enough to do a track 3 enduro, but if this list doubles or if each person decides to bring a buddy we could turn it into a track 3 enduro! It is just up to what everyone wants! Again let me know how I can help and I would be more than happy to do what I can to get things set up for us!

22. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I say we let the skinny guys start in front:)

An enduro would be awesome! I can only imagine how tiring that would be.

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just talked to CIR folks and it sounds like we don't have enough people to do an enduro, which frankly is ok with me: I remember how tiring ten minutes at the wheel can be already. So we'll stick with the Grand Prix format (3 qualifying races, one final race) for $ 70 a person.

As far as the reservation goes, you guys have another three weeks time to change your minds. Here is where we stand at the moment and I'll do a final role call in three weeks. At that point I will also ask you to pay me.

Confirmed drivers:
    Dan
    Chuck
    Mo
    Dave
    Andreas
    Mike AR
    Mike Z
    Haley
    Jack
    Charlie V.
    John V.
    Mike Caps

Potential drivers:
    Chelle
    Bill
    Rocketboy
    Daryl
    Bob & son
    Rick

Edit: Mike Caps has signed up for good, terrific!

24. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Enduro? Ferrari made only one Indy car. How many do you need for an Enduro?

RocketBoy

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think you're on the wrong foot here: Enduro relates to a Le Mans style racing with the go karts where several drivers share a kart.

BTW: Ferrari built one Indy car (at the Indy museum currently), but aside from that Gustav Brunner designed a modern Indycar for them as well. The project got cancelled before the car made its rollout. But it looked like your regular Indy Car from the eighties (e.g. Penske).