FOC Indoor Go Kart event on March 19 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FOC Indoor Go Kart event on March 19

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Count me in to be there as well cant wait to meet all of you.....seeing that the racing grid is all locked up ill just sit back and watch the race from the bar lol.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Glad to meet you and from that bar it ain't a bad thing: From the 2nd floor you can overlook the whole track, really neat. Those facilities are fabulous!

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,Frank. I was up there last Year with my Wife,David,(Rocketboy) and Skip. There is a Bar there,and you can order some really good food,or just snacks. Lots of TV's going. Not crowded...actually,barely anyone up there. LOTS of Video Games,Pinball, Several Pool Tables,ETC...And,a Ferrari F355 Simulator.

Plenty to do,AND you can view the Whole Track from up there. Lots of Fun watching the Racing.

I am bringing my 7 Year old Son with me this Year. So,if anyone has a Youngster...(not too young...they'd get bored). Bring them along. They will have plenty to keep busy....:)

Man,I gotta Gooooo!....:)

4. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Since this is my first time there and i wont be able to race (sniff sniff ) will I still be able just to sit in class with you guys and learn something about racing ?

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    First of all make sure you're there. There is always the chance somebody bails out in the last moment. Happened before.

As far as the "class" is concerned, I just made you one of our photographers (you can have my camera), so now you MUST be in the classroom...
    :)

Whether you learn something about racing, hmm, dunno. Their introduction is not bad and gives you a bit of an idea, but it ain't no Skip Barber class. At least you'll learn the penalties.

6. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    LOL thanks for giving me the privilege to be the camera man Andreas i hope i get everyones good side.

7. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Frank,
    As I am sure you will quickly realize......

I DON"T HAVE A GOOD SIDE!!!!!!

Bill

8. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    This'll be fun (again). Thanks for setting it up Andreas and Frank. Can't wait to see that Schumi helmet rocketing by me on the outside again....(and again, and again)

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Billiam-

We already knew that!

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    In case you're referring to my helmet (although I didn't rock by too many folks), that is Eddie Irvine's. Just for the record: I'm a much bigger fan of Eddie than of Michael, just because the guy was/is the impersonation of charisma and fun.

But anyway, if you like I could bring the Michael helmet instead.

For the "newbies": You don't have to bring anything, but some good shoes (gym shoes). The go kart place will give you a jumpsuit (all sizes), a bellaclava (the hood under the helmet for hygiene reasons) and a helmet. Or you can bring your own equipment if you have to show off...

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Update: I received further payments. We have now 14 out of 20 drivers paid for. I'm glad my risk exposure has gone down dramatically.

12. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    We sent ours Andreas! :)
    Chelle an Haley

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Got it, thanks!

Only 4 unpaid drivers remaining. I resubmitted my contract with CIR to confirm all 20 drivers. We're really all set.

14. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Ok lets see here Ferrari hat check....Ferrari flag check.....Ferrari shirt check....my very own Ferrari automobile...umh ??? in another 10 years check :D

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Remember that a 308 can be bought for less than a Toyota Camry. And how many Camrys do you see on the street?

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hopefully,Mother Nature will cooperate,like Last Year,and we can drive our Ferrari's there,for some nice Photo Ops....:)

17. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Really you can buy one that cheap? what about the insurance? im sure that has to be very high....not that i would drive it all year round....it would just be a summer car. Right now i drive a blue 2002 acura rsx type s.....its not a Ferrari but i kinda pretend it's one :)

I hope the weather does play in your hands guys i would love to see all your Ferrari's.

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    In regard to Insurance...That solely depends on your Age,Where you live and Driving Record....Age? Well,one of the "Perks" of getting older is that your Car Insurance Rates are lower....PROVIDED that your Driving Record is Squeaky clean....

Me? I am 45,clean record,live in the 'Burbs' and through State Farm,pay $140.00 every 6 Months for FULL Coverage.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not to hijack this thread too much, but in regards to insurance my monthly payments went up by $ 20 when I went from the VW to the Ferrari. So much for that myth. 308 cost depending on the model, year and state they're in between 20 to 35k. The difference comes in when you're talking maintenance. Definitely higher than your average car.

We can discuss in more detail at Go Kart.

20. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    WOOT ! $140.00 every 6 months for full coverage on a Ferrari holy cow thats cheap.

21. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    $140/6 mos is way cheap. Do you have stated value? I have zero deductible with Hagerty (100/300 I think, or more) and $35k stated value for $440/yr. Nice thing is they let me add my 914 on, same terms at $10k stated value for an additional $60/yr.

They'll also insure my new Bentley, so maybe I can make the Ferrari an add-on car and it'll get even cheaper. But $140/6 is super nice.

22. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    Take a $500.00 or $1000.00 deduct. You will probably never use it anyway. The zero deduct will kill anybody. You will only pay your deduct if the accident is your fault or car hit while parked, or uninsured driver. I hope you do not have zero deducts on all your cars or your insurance agent is going on vacation at your expense.

23. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    I pay about $450/ 6 months for my insurance on my 1988 328, full coverage, $500 det. Which is less than my 2002 Dakota which is running me about $490/ 6 months.

Buying a Ferrari is the cheap part, so is the insurance. Wait till it has to go into the shop and have some type of major repair, just be ready to take out a home equity loan then..... If you get a lemon or a fixer upper Ferrari, Be ready for some major $$$$, even if you do it yourself, parts are $$$ also....

Hopefully it will be nice out on race day, i had my 328 out a couple times already, may take it out on sunday, suppose to be nice out... :)

Tod

24. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

Yes,I have my Car Insured for "Agreed Value" coverage. Which,is to the penny at which I purchased it. I suppose thats great now,when these Cars are somewhat stuck in a "Value Rut" right now....(But,not for long...:) ) But,if all of a sudden,they go up in Value,I can renegotiate for "Appraised value".

I have complete,total Full Coverage. $500.00 Deductible. And,Probably why my rate is so reasonable,is that My Wife's whole family also uses the Same Insurance Co. and the same agent. We had 4 Cars on our plan,alone,which gave us a "Multi Vehicle Discount". And,as I stated before,getting older,great area,no tickets for longer than I can even remember. So,alot goes into factoring this. But,I will gladly show anyone my Bi-Yearly statement,if they'd like to see it.

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    To bring the topic back on track:

Just one more week and we'll be duking it out!

Most of you have paid by now, thank you. So remember all you need to bring is yourself with comfortable gym shoes and get there before 2pm. After your arrival, you'll need to register on their PC screens, so the system gets your names etc, which is required for the race (drivers only of course). And remember no booze until the checkered flag drops.