FOC Indoor Kart Racing Photos | FerrariChat

FOC Indoor Kart Racing Photos

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Dave Bendl, Mar 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #1 Dave Bendl, Mar 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had fun, and enjoyed many others having a good time, although I have to admit my arms felt like they weighed 100 lbs last night.

Many thanks to Frank for the trophies, and dash plates.

My last photo is of our 1st place winner, Richard Tuttle and his lovely wife Dawn. Congrats to all the winners. You deserve it.

Dave
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    Great pictures Dave. 2nd the thanks to Frank for the nice trophies. Special thanks to Andreas for the brickyard trophy.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #3 tifosi12, Mar 19, 2006
    Actually the Brickyard trophy is a courtesy of Mike Epifanio. He gave me that and another fabulous prize, which will be our gokart trophy next year. I won't tell what it is, but it will be worth winning for.

PS: After my 4 cans of Redbull yesterday I was jumping up and down till late into the night. And my arms didn't even feel bad. But I still have to build up more stamina for next year.

4. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Wish I could have been there.........

Next year!!!

Well guys, I have to let you know that this post is being typed from sunny Cancun!!! Lots of bikinis, Pina Coladas, and laying around. No Ferraris though. One really cool Lotus Exige. And a Viper. I have pics. But that's it. I thought I would even be able to buy some cheap knock-off Ferrari stuff. All I found was one Ferrari duffel bag. And they wanted $100 for the thing!!! And clearly it was a knock off (just based on the shop it was in)....

Oh well......

5. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Looks like fun! I could've gotten some great pics for you guys.....Next year "when" I loose some weight I'm gonna smoke you all! haha

6. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    "Kippenstein",
    Had you been there this time, you still would have been in one of the lighter weight classes to mine! :D

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Andreas...the new "Intimidator", with the Ferrari Gear.

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    KTG...are you a man of girth such as I?

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I like the sound of that although this year I drove rather defensively. It seems to be the better strategy to stay out of trouble.

However I'd like to encourage everybody next year to bring their own helmet if you have one: It is a lot more fun if you know the person ahead of you. This time I knew red was Rick, black was Bill and rampante was Richard.

10. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    I was wearing the white helmet......oh wait so were the rest of us :D

11. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #11 bill365, Mar 20, 2006
  12. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    LOL ! Hey Bill do you know of a good place to buy custom painted racing helmets I think that would be real cool.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Here are a couple on ebay: Old Snell rating, but if gokart is all you do, that would suffice:
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdumans24QQhtZ-1

If you think about buying your own helmet, I strongly suggest you buy one with a Snell 2005 rating. E.g.:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Go-Kart-Helmet-Go-Cart-Motorcycle-Racing-Snell-2005_W0QQitemZ7222216925QQcategoryZ64657QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

FCA requires Snell 2000 ratings starting next year for all track events. However Snell 2005 ratings will out last that of course and if you buy a helmet now, go with the longest lasting rating.

If you want a replica or simply your own design, get a Snell 2005 rated white helmet and ask Mike C. for customization:
    http://www.helmet-painting.com/

He does a fantastic job at very competitive prices. He enhanced my MS helmet I had at the event.

If you prefer somebody local, let me know. I also know a guy who does fantastic work in Chicago. He did my space helmet replicas I used in the movie.

Bill: I like your idea about the name tags. I'll have those next year.

14. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I don't know of any off hand, but just about any place that does airbrush art on T-Shirts can do some pretty good graphics, they just have to use a suitable paint and clear coat. Somebody else may have some specific painters to mention.

Bill

15. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Thanks Andreas I will definitely look in to this :D

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Kewl.

Also again if you "only" want to do gokart, the Snell rating doesn't really matter (my MS helmet is actually a bike helmet, unsuitable for real car racing). Bieffe made a few helmets in the past with replica paintjob: Irvine, Wurz, Prost and Alesi. You could google/ebay for them.

Also helmet size is not that important because of all the padding. You can get away with one size off.

17. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Looked like fun....too bad I could not attend. I was weeping home knowing that you guys had been tearing up the track! That Dr. T seems to be the one to beat. I will have to get with him and get the scoop on what his secret is?
    I'll bet the wife gave him some pointers....

Thanks.

Vince C.

18. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I'm not going there !!!! Not doin' it, nope, wouldn't be prudent !! :D

19. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Yep...You, Bill and I could start a bouncer business

20. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I used to do it for free, at Ma's Kitchen, a local biker bar. Henchmen, Disciples etc. Great place, The place would be so crowded, you couldn't fall down. Not too much gun play, not to say that it didn't get exciting once in a while.

Nothing like good clean fun! :D

21. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Looks like another great outing! I'll have to get back out there next year. Maybe as a penalty for missing a year I'll have to bring an award to give to someone. Maybe a "Fathers Division"?

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Naah, not necessary.

BTW: Before we got the track there was an endurance race and a few of us got interested in that. I remember you suggesting that once and I have to say I'd be willing to do that. The team can have up to 6 drivers (5 mandatory driver changes) for a total of 300 laps. I suppose I could do 50 laps.

23. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Did someone say Endurance :)

24. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.

Ok, so she drove the Ferrari once. Now she's an expert! I quess it worked because I won the thing finally. Oh where were you Vince?

25. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Absolutely! It seems like they hold the enduros fairly regularly, and I'm sure they're tiring! Especially if you try the minimum number of changes and run 50-lap legs.