FOC Indoor Kart Racing Photos | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FOC Indoor Kart Racing Photos

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Dave Bendl, Mar 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Sounds like fun! Sounds like the movie Road House...haha

2. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    After looking at that pic again, I think that would be cool. Riding the bike with that big evil mouthfull of teeth and huge eyes!!! Between that and my size, making the bike look vaguely reminiscent of a pocket bike, I think I might have "The Other Guy" intimidated!!! Or simply saying, "HUH?" LOL :D

3. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    The owner of the bar, "Mousey", is a solid l'il pup, about 2-3" taller than me and has maybe 45-55 lbs. on me. If there was an altercation, he'd pick up one of the offenders while I'd pick up the other and we'd calmly carry them to the door. If they wiggled too much, we'd accidentally run into posts, walls or other immoveable objects. Generally the place would calm right down and everybody would have a good evening. ;)

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! been there, done that....:)

5. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Hey Andreas ... in Photo 3 in the first page you look like you are in the zone, man ... Ayrton could pick up a few tips from you on the look. I look like that when I see a plate of ribs before me but that's just me. :)

And one more thing, Eddie Irvine not good enuf for you huh? What's with that damn Schumacher outfit ;)

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The one in the dressing room or the one in the kart? At that moment in the dressing room I realized that I left the main trophy in the instruction room and started to hurry (luckily one of the officials took it into custody). In the kart I'm doing some deep breathing exercise. Once I'm racing I normally forget to breathe. :)

The 3 layered Nomex racing suit is an Eddie Irvine replica. After I was done collecting all the bits and pieces for it I had a bunch of leftover patches (I bought entire crew shirts on ebay covered with patches). I also realized that a heavy Nomex suit is not for indoor go kart use, so I bought a cheap overall type suit (I believe it has one layer of Nomex) and used up all the leftover patches I had. As luck would have it, I came across a MS replica helmet, so it was an easy decision to dedicate the 2nd suit to Michael to complete the outfit. Now I have the greatest driver paring Ferrari ever had: The 1999 duo of EI and MS. :) Maybe I should get a Sato helmet just to complete that awesome year.

7. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Dressing room shot :)

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I dont know about that guys.....I saw alot of people rubbing their sore arms after those races....

They do advertise a couple of endurance races. I believe a 100 and a 300 lap race.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #34 FerrariFrank1, Mar 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Did someone mention Ribs?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Man that looks tasty, we all should get to together and have just one big cook out.....Frank you cook'em and will eat'em.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey, that sounds like a great idea! Yeah, I love to Cook, and had to learn how to fend for myself in the Kitchen, when I was a young 'un. So, I've gotten pretty good at it by now.