FOC Midwest - Hooters Concourse in Schaumburg - Pictures | FerrariChat

FOC Midwest - Hooters Concourse in Schaumburg - Pictures

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Sep 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Last year we had a blast with a rather informal concourse at the O'Hare Hooters organized by Double K Productions. It was a fun day eating chicken wings, having a beer and showcasing our cars.

Now we're up for a rerun of this event, this time at the Schaumburg Hooters:
    http://doublekproductions.com/schedule.htm

Who's in?

2. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    I'm in....

Thanks.
    Vince

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Kewl!

I should add, that I'm trying to have Kerry setup an "Italian Imports" category for us. That would give some of our Alfa, Maser, Lambo friends a chance as well.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    BTW....Welcome back,Andreas! Did you have a nice Trip? Catch any F1 action in Belgium?

Yes,I will go out there to the Schaumburg Hooters Show. Does anyone recall as to how big their Parking Lot is? I assume that we will need to get there somewhat early,unless there will be an Italian Car secured section....:)

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks. I got some F1 action in Goodwood: F1 from the post war era: Alfa P3 with S/F badges. How 'bout that?
    :)

Lineup:
    308 Frank
    355 Vince
    V8 Andreas

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sounds very Cool....Pix?

7. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hey Frank you just missed the Hooters show where we first met two weeks ago. I could be convinced to go to this other one. Their parking is joined with several other rests. and part of an office complex. I would think that they would get permission from the office complex to cover the space. I might bring the bike instead this time, maybe get a trophy with that.

8. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    What time does one have to be there?
    Is it safe to say that this is deal is not geared towards exotics?
    Usually Hooters does the muscle car thing.
    Thanks..

Vince

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The earlier the better, I'd say around 9am so we can park together in a group.

Yup, definitely American Iron aside from us.

Please also note, that there will be a participation fee of about $ 20 per car.

10. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Oh no!
    Not the $20 entry fee! If Skip reads this he is going to go off.

To be honest I really don't get why car guys have to pay $20 to bring attention to somebody's establishment. I know it's not about the $20 but come on. I say we lobby for some freakin' free wings!
    Pardon my rant...

Thanks.

Vince

11. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    I'll come, unless i get sent out of town again... hahaha... I marked my calendar for the 9th @ Hooters.

Yea, lets rally for free Hot Wings..... Or better yet, free Beer.... :)

** I am going to bring a polaroid camera and charge people 5 bucks to get their picture sitting in a Ferrari, then i can recoop that $20 entry fee and all the beer and Wings i will eat.... hahaha.... ;)

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'll do the same, but won't charge them. That way I'll win the peoples' choice award. Hahaha.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #13 tifosi12, Sep 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Skip is one of the world's most smart and classy men, why else would he be an Emperor? Even Billiam knows of his power and influence. The only thing I didn't like about the last one was the girls being too pushy for the donations to the soldiers of Enduring Freedom. Regadless, nice show, fun people. First Fchat debut of the pre-overhauled black 512BB? Well first time I saw it and it looked hot. Nice guy driving it too.

RocketBoy

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Current Lineup:
    308 Frank
    308 Dave
    328 Tod
    355 Vince
    V8 Andreas
    Daytona Rick

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Looks like I may have to pass on this one....I just found out that the "11th. Annual World Power Wheel Standing Championships" are next Sunday the 9th. out at Byron Dragway. Frankie and I went last year and it was a BLAST!!!!!

17. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    Hopefully I'll can make it.

Richard

18. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Skip......????????
    Skip.....????????

I'm in Colorado.... so NO SHOW FOR ME!

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    There will be a separate class for Italian Imports, so we won't have to go against the Ricers and any Lambo, Alfa, Bizzarini etc. is welcome too!

If the weather is good (looks like it) the show will quickly sell out/fill up, so make sure you get there early enough (before 9am). Should be fun and the last concours for this year!

Current Lineup:
    308 Dave
    308 Andreas
    308 Richard
    328 Tod
    355 Vince

20. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Apart from meeting Rick at last year's show, were there any other people who don't contribute to Fchat in attendance? Wasn't there a yellow 308? Regardless, I have the H2 for a few weeks, ( I plan on selling/trading it, ) and it might be a fun car to bring. Or I can just steal back the 575 for a day. If that is the case, I will go and while all the people are drooling over the cars and tight tank tops, I will be in Woodfield shopping for goodies and odds and ends for the home. I don't think I can handle staring at the cars for more than a few hours and the best looking girl I will ever see would be back at my home. I guess that means Andreas will have the keys to the car just in case it needs to be moved. Is that ok? Oh yeah, and 53 is so close for a quick drive.

RocketBoy

PS: Would it be alright to have to leave past lunch to 2pm? Didn't things die down around that time? I don't think I can last waiting till 4 to wait for the chance of a trophy.

21. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I won't be able to show, but I'll be up for a few hours in the morning then have plans in the afternoon. Might bring the bike instead.

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Dave, many good points: Yes, there was that carburated 308 last year and I followed up with the owners after the show (sent them a bunch of pictures), but never heard back from them.

Yes, I'd think one could leave around 2pm if you don't want to hang around for the trophy ceremony. And yes, I could repark your car if need be, no problem (that's how I got to drive the carburated 308 last year...). With Woodfield mall nearby it would make sense to pass some time there. So I'll be happy to collect car keys if somebody wants to do that.

Would be very cool to see you again. BTW: Don't try to sell the H2 to Switzerland, they are about to ban them there because it kills pedestrians in accidents.

Current Lineup:
    308 Dave
    308 Andreas
    308 Richard
    328 Tod
    355 Vince
    575 Rocketboy

23. TwinOne

TwinOne Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    Mizar V
    Full Name:
    Robert
    My brother (jdl308) and I have tried to hook up with you all several times this summer but had previous plans. I believe we just missed Frank in Downers Grove on import night. Sunday is no different, we play golf with dad (88) and have an engagement in the PM. If no one minds, we would like to drive up, and meet with you all 9:30-10:00 and spend what time we can.

Regards

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Would be great to meet some new FChatters!

25. TwinOne

TwinOne Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    Mizar V
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Great! Look for a White/Black 84 308 GTSi