FOC-Midwest: Mid-Late April Drive | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FOC-Midwest: Mid-Late April Drive

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Dave Bendl, Mar 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    I am going to be playing golf with my wife and another couple at lake lawn lodge on Sunday. We are staying at the grand genva and supposed to be golfing the brute course but may have to play lake lawn sunday and the brute monday due to no avail tee times Sunday at the brute. When you pull in rev the engine's to let me know you are there!!!! My wife says bring the 308 and tie the trunk lid down to carry our golf clubs and overnight luggage. God I love my wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Hi Dan,
    Hopefully we will see you there. Be sure to stop in the restaurant or meet us in the courtyard.
    Dave

3. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Did I miss an e-mail, or is all the info here on the thread?

4. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Mike
    See my 4/25 post above. You should have received an e-mail from me with the same.
    Dave

4/25
    Here's an update on this Sunday's Wisconsin drive. FOC membership is not required to participate.
    Our meeting time will be 11:00 AM Sunday May 1st in the Half Day Inn's parking lot.
    I have plotted a map to our meeting site below which is the Half Day Inn 1270 South Milwaukee Ave. Half Day, IL.

There has been a change of plans regarding the brunch. We originally planned for the brunch to be at The Abbey, however they won't have their Fontana dining room ready until Mother's Day. We will instead have a champagne brunch at Lake Lawn Resort which overlooks Lake Delevan. We will be parking in their center courtyard.
    The champagne brunch is $25.00 per adult, or $10.00 per child under 12. This includes tax and gratuity. Please come hungry, the brunch is outstanding.
    If you have any questions, or plan to attend, please e-mail me or post to this thread. I do need to give the restaurant an approximate head count.

Thanks, and see you on Sunday,
    Dave Bendl

5. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Hope if you all went you managed to avoid the rain and hail (we had pea sized hail here in Gurnee). I had way too much to get done on the car. The unusually cool weather slowed me way down. :(
    I miss driving!!! lol.. let's see pics from the drive!
    Chelle

6. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #56 Dave Bendl, May 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Pics are attached, and here's how it went:
    Mother nature threw just about all she could at us today. Rain, sun, wind, and small pea size hail. You didn't know whether to turn your head lights on, or wear your sunglasses. The hail looked more like an under blended slurpee which was to small to do any harm. After a few seconds it was gone. I have to say that all that participated were really dedicated to driving their cars especially on a day like today.

We had a really good group of cars attend this event. Two 308 GTS QV's, a 246 GTS Dino, a 328 GTS, a Maserati, and two Alfa's. Mike Z (Spike308) and his wife lead the way in their 308 GTS QV. They did a great job navigating. We stopped at Yerkes Observatory for a photo opt, then proceeded to Lake Lawn for brunch, parking in their courtyard. After getting home, I worked off the brunch by hand washing and re-detailing the 308. It didn't get real dirty except for the rear end, so no harm done.

Despite the weather, I hope everyone had a good time. My wife and I did.
    Dave
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    We deserve some sort of award from the FOC.
    We certainly lived up to the motto "We drive"!
    Maybe, "We are morons!"

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Congrats to the die hard drivers!

Tod, Mike and Chuck, you all get another point for the FOC Gumball trophy.

9. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Wow- Thanx for the pics Dave, wish I had gone but couldn't - I would have loved to have finally met your wife too!
    Great variety of cars there!
    I wonder if the Dino was the one I saw a couple weeks ago near the shop (rt 41 near Buckly)
    It's great to see people having the courage to actually enjoy the cars!!
    Chelle

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Man,I wish I could have made it. My Daughter had Her Confirmation Day,yesterday. I was hoping for Good Weather for Her Day,as well as all of yours.....But,it didn't quite make it....:( Hey,in Chicago,just wait 5 minutes and the Weather will change....Oh well....it can only get better as time goes by!...:) Was looking forward to that great Brunch...and needed to stop by "The Brat Stop" in Kenosha for a few bottles of "von Stiehl- Natural Sweet Cherry Wine"....:)

11. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

I think this year that gumball trophy should be a bucket, sponge and a bunch of cleaning supplies for our cars... HAH! I still need to bath mine, maybe one day this week. the bad thing is, i turn a 45 minute car wash into a 4 hour project.....

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Gumball trophies will be the same again this year. Well almost.

When I turned the 5 minute automatic car wash into a 45 minute sing and dance with the Ferrari I thought I was going definitely backwards in my life and have become the constant ridicule of my neighbours. Now you're talking about 4 hours...

13. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    Sorry guys and gals that I missed you at Lake Lawn lodge. I thought we were playing golf at th e lodge but my wife did arrange golf at the highlands at the Grand Geneva anyway. We stayed overnight Sunday and played the Brute. Playing golf in 45 degree weather is as crazy as it gets. I would have enjoyed the drive in my heated 308.

14. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    YEP, YA GOT THAT RIGHT!! ;)

15. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Does that have something to do with driving in the snow, rain, sleet, hail, tornados and hurricanes? Or??? :D

16. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    Yes it does as we drove our golf balls sunday and monday in HAIL, SNOW, RAIN, WIND. Easier in a car!!!