FOC Mudslinging - not pretty | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FOC Mudslinging - not pretty

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by David_S, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    First I've seen it too and they do. But this thread was just getting annoying and should probably be handled offline. Not to knock either group, just wanted my point to be clear.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    True. It would have been my job as a mod to step in, but I deliberately didn't want to do that since my actions were part of the discussion. So stepping in would have looked like censorship in one way or the other.

My sincere apologies to the guys who started this thread.

3. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I have to admit I found it entertaining in my own perverse way. Then again, the only one of the participants who I know is Dave Bendl, and he seems like a very nice, sincere, genuine guy.

4. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Guys I know I had my arguments on Fchat before, but all for the sake of the love of cars. But this has gone way out of hand. I know all of you personally and like you all but you are not encouraging people like me to want to join FOC, if you continue to broadcast this bickering. If anything you should promote the joys of joining a fine marque car club.

If you disagree on how to run the club then send a jointly written questionaire to all members and ask for their inputs. Then call a meeting of all members to discuss the results. If you want to run for a board position then be ready to present to the group why you think you are best fit for the position and what you can bring to the club. Let the members have a chance to vote on the board members and how the club should be run and then abide by what the members request. The club should poll and solicite feedback from all of it's members on activities.

5. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    IMH FREAKIN' O,

Personally, I have never been one to be critical of any club administrator or official. They provide time, taken out of their, no doubt, busy lives, to organize and present the many events, that we are fortunate to enjoy. I surely do not have the time to offer up myself and I am happy that there are people who care enough, to put forth this continual and sometimes Herculean effort. I may not agree with every little detail, of every action taken, but that is the lot of members that are not actively involved, in the operations and decision making. Not a big deal, I get a lot more enjoyment out of the clubs than disappointment.

This might sound sacreligious but... This is a hobby, I do not live and die by my cars and motorcycles, etc. (even though, it may sometimes seem so). I am not in the Ferrari business, I do love the cars, I really enjoy the people, all of you!! I think some of us just need to relax a bit, take a deep breath and focus on what is really important. Let's have a good time, keep it light, make it enjoyable.

In some activities that I have been involved with in the past, I told everyone, "As soon as this stops being fun, I'm quitting." One of those "hobbies", was showing dogs. I bred, trained and showed, nationally ranked champion Rhodesian Ridgebacks, from which there actually was even some monetary return for the efforts expended. I don't do that anymore.

Let's keep it in perspective, keep it fun and we'll all have great friends and a good time.

I'll put my soapbox away now.....

Bill

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Bill, I completely agree with you. It wasn't fun anymore, so I quit. That "Wanting to be president" is completely all B.S.! That was Never even an issue with me. I suppose that I could post all of the E-mails that went back & forth when we started up that club, but it's just flogging a dead horse, so I won't. Actually, even being on "the board" wasn't important to me either. But having a great club with involvement from ALL of the members was. That was all. It didn't happen, so I left. No big deal, really.

And, apparently, some people just could not comprehend the actual issues at hand that I was trying to point out. So, who cares now. I don't. I am done, and moving on to much bigger and better things.

7. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Great! I personally would like to extend my thanks to Frank for his volunteer work and dedication while serving on the FOC board.

I am sure whatever volunteer work you get involved in Frank, you will treat the other volunteers with the same respect and show as much class as you have drafted in your posts within this tread.

If I ever witness a resigned Savation Army volunteer beating the remaining volunteers with their own bells on a street corner, I'll think of your initial post within this thread.
    We wish you well in your new challenge.

Now could we let this thread R.I.P as the many other posters prior have requested?

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    ROTFLMAO!

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Dave....I never knew that you were so, um, "witty!"

Thanks for the well wish. No, it won't be a challenge, it will be a pleasure, really.

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Skippy....I hope you have your "Life Alert" turned on, if you have "Fallen and can't get up!" ...:) Now, why don't you go out and buy a more contemporary Toupee....The one you have now looks like some of the old Taxidermy at the Field Museum....circa 1900...

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm getting tired of this mud slinging contest, which no longer serves any purpose other than to insult each other.

Therefore I have copied and renamed this thread. This is the blood bath thread and the other has been weeded out to be back on topic.

12. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I must say that I am disappointed, as someone who really enjoys bringing people together, to see grown men slinging mud like this. Sadder to me, is the fact that these are probably guys who were supposed "friends" just a few months ago. At least when they were standing face to face with one another.......

Sad.

13. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    This thread now has nothing to do with the failed Geneva show, the FOC and how it was run, or anything else usefull. It has now turned into namecalling and personal attacks. And that's about it.......

14. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I'm closing this debacle down now :)