FOC Temple Farm event - Pictures | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FOC Temple Farm event - Pictures

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Aug 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Uh, the star fotographer. Kewl, we can use a little help. Looking forward to meet you and talk glass. :)

2. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
  3. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Great shots of "Ziggy" with the cars Richard. It was great to have you and Dawn there. I'll post some of my pictures as well.
    Dave

4. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    #29 carlagio, Sep 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well the thanks really go to Dave who organized the whole event.

Richard, you already posted some of the "money" shots right there. I expect the best pics from Tom (Mobius Entwine). I got a glimpse of his barn picture and it blew me away.

Haley, Chelle and Kim, glad we could catch up with you later. The rumbling sound of the GTO is as good as the ones from Goodwood. What you are doing with that car is nothing short of amazing. Kim controlling the car from her laptop and Chelle measuring the air/fuel mixture with a digital display while gunning the V12 reminded me of F1 in the late eighties.

6. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #31 Dave Bendl, Sep 4, 2006
    To all the participants of this event we thank you for your attendance. I would also like to thank the folks of Tempel Farms in Wadsworth, IL for their time and efforts. Viewing these powerful yet graceful animals was a pleasure.

Please give "Ziggy" my compliments for a job well done. I for one can see the Lipizzan connection to our metal horses.

To: "appliance 328" thanks for driving your black 550 all the way from Peoria to attend this event.

Please enjoy the pictures.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Mobius Entwine

Mobius Entwine Karting

Jun 9, 2005
    Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #32 Mobius Entwine, Sep 4, 2006
  8. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I guess they said "no" when you guys asked if you could spray paint the horse a flat black???

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You're stealing my joke: I was thinking should it be flat black or chrome? :)

Tom, your shots are breath taking. The Maranello in the stable is ultrakewl. As is the one of the horse doing its jump. Not to take away from your ability as a photographer (which you have clearly shown), but that Nikon glass is astonishing. The brilliance and clearity make me jealous. Makes me wonder whether I made the right choice with my Bigma. <sigh>

Could you please post some of the shots you took of the cars driving around the farm? Nobody else took those.

10. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Who's camera was used to take the group photo with us in front of the cars? Andreas? If you have it, please post.
    Thanks,
    Dave

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I thought mine was used, but haven't found the pic yet. But then again I haven't downloaded the stuff to a computer yet. I'm a bit disorganized with my pics this weekend, will take a while, sorry.

Regardless Tom has the "money shots", about as good as it gets.

12. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Glad you enjoyed it. Your pictures are outstanding! Thanks for posting them.

13. Mobius Entwine

Mobius Entwine Karting

Jun 9, 2005
    Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    FYI: As a photographer, who makes some money off images I make, I want you all to know that I do not intend to make money off of the images I make of your cars. I do it only for personal enjoyment. If for some reason in the future, I have a commercial need for an image of a car, I will be upfront about it, and will follow proper copyright and model/property release protocols. (I am currently working on getting images of Smart Cars.)

I consider it fair use to upload and share these low-resolution (800 pixel jpgs) images on this forum. However, I respect the copyright(s) of the owners whose identifiable property is shown in images I make. I do not distribute or commercially use any image I make without the property owner's permission.

In the group shots, I think it's fair that persons acting in obvious cooperation with others, by their demonstrated actions, agrees to the release of images of their property in the group shots to other participants in the group shots, for personal non-commercial use.

I am not a lawyer.

If a property (car) owner wants a high res version of images I've made of their car, alone or in a group setting, I am very glad to send them the file(s).

14. Mobius Entwine

Mobius Entwine Karting

Jun 9, 2005
    Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #39 Mobius Entwine, Sep 4, 2006
  15. Mobius Entwine

Mobius Entwine Karting

Jun 9, 2005
    Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks! It was my pleasure shooting the Ferraris.

Nikon makes some great lenses and not-so-great lenses. In the photography forums that I usually live (S2pro.com (currently offline while the servers are being moved)), other photographers have taken a brazillian good images with a "Bigma" (Sigma 50-500mm lens).

I have my share of lousy pictures. I have about 10 out-of-focus pictures of the horses jumping, etc. I cropped off enough feet, held the camera crooked, etc. Electrons are cheap, so I just shoot more. Some of the pictures I posted here had some problems I corrected in Photoshop.

I could start a thread on how to make your images look better. I use Photoshop to adjust nearly every image I make. I have the camera NOT use its own sharpening, because I can do it better myself, and tailor it for the output method desired.

16. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Just a short note to all photographers of this event. If you intend to publish any of your pictures taken during this event, please submit the photo to Temple Farms for their authorization prior to publication. Posting on this forum is fine.
    Thanks,
    Dave

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #43 tifosi12, Sep 4, 2006
    That'd be an interesting thread. You could do that in the OT section or even in the Chicago section. We got enough folks interested in that I think.

Here some pics I shot. Was trying to pick a different angle:

18. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Great pics everyone!

Now aren't you glad that, back when, I suggested that you go for the show; not just for some pics of the cars with a horse! :)

Wish I could have made it!

I see you stopped by the pyramid, and made it over to Haley and Chelles house.

19. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Great pics! When is the next FOC event..especially since I am a new member :) ? I will be at InSaNeZ car show on the 17th.

20. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Those pictures came out amazing.
    I really love the whole idea of the horse and ferraris, very unique.
    Those make for some real nice calendar pics.

21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Wow! Great pictures with lots of 'horse power' on hand. Not what you would expect to see with Ferrari cars but very nicely done! Thanks...
    horse fan

22. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Yes! Great suggestion on your part Skip regarding the show. I think everyone enjoyed it.

Thanks,
    Dave

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks! I'm really happy how this event turned out. Maybe we could get even more folks to participate if we try this again some year?

You joined us? Right on! Mr FXX registry is right up my alley.

24. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    It really was a wonderful outing with the weather playing nice on Sunday. It was nice to meet the folks I never have had the chance to yet. What was neat for me, as simple as it may sound s that I never fed a horse before...Ziggy seemed to enjoy the apple. :) Thanks for a great day Dave and Andreas. :)