FOC Website Members Only - Banned | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FOC Website Members Only - Banned

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kenyon, Sep 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    And very nearly you too....

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Go on Stig, how would you describe IP scavenging and subnets?

3. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    If anyone is having trouble with the FOC website, surely the logical thing to do would be to contact the FOC (via phone or e-mail) rather than mouthing off on another website? The list of users to the website is refreshed periodically from the membership list that the club office have. This is maintained via a program that I have written for the club in my spare time. It could be that something has gone wrong with that - in which case my apologies. However, note that I don't deal with the club website in any way and I am not part of the club secretariat or anything. I would certainly imagine if anyone were banned that they would be informed. Or is there something we haven't been told?...

I would also like to point out that IMHO it is unreasonable to continue making some of these comments about the clubs financial affairs. The FOC publishes annual accounts for its members and Peter is most certainly not paid £45k per annum. And by the way, if he was he would still be a bargain! I have visited the current club office (aka what would be Peter and Suzanne's living room if the office wasn't there) on a number of occasions as well as phoning frequently and am never less than astonished how much work they get through and how demanding the club membership are. The office phone is constantly ringing and Peter, Suzanne and Sandra are always friendly, helpful and efficient - inspite of also having to deal with problems when my program goes wrong! If anyone has problems, complaints or suggestions about club events, publications or how the club is run, then speak to the secretariat or speak up at the AGM (I think I missed you there Kenyon?). It's a club. It exists for its members. They are easily contacted. But out of common courtesy surely that should be direct in the first instance and not via a public forum?

Jonathan

4. CharlieUK

CharlieUK Karting

Jun 30, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Well put Jonathan, I echo your comments completely.

5. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Yes very well put Jonathan As we all know its the easist thing in the world to be an expert when you dont actually have to do it .

RAY360M

6. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    Stig, my ode cobbler...... I aint got an uncle Colin in Peckham.

7. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    I can't explain subnets without explaining classed address systems and DHCP, and that ain't gonna improve the quality of anybodys life!

And what the yotz is IP scavenging?

8. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes
    I also have to agree with Jonathan on this, I am sure you would have been informed of a ban?

@ Justin, a couple of comments.

(1) The FOC system works very simply on Names and membership numbers and I have logged on in hotels in the UK and Europe without any problems (so it`s not an IP problem, far too technical for me)!!

I have noticed that if you use automatic password recognition that it throws these out after a while and you have enter your numbers again, was this the problem ??

(2) Why did you want to rev the engine at Mitcar??
    Most Ferrari owners don`t now how to change a battery let alone what would damage an engine, so I would not worry about those comments (sorry if that offends anyone but it`s true).

(2a) You have not heard anything till you start an F1 V6 Dino engine in the NEC hall at shutdown, now that got a few people running (oop`s was that me) LOL.

If I can help with FOC management (banned or not ) I will, send me a PM.

Regards

Phil.