Foglio Montaggios and Certificato Origines for sale at auction for diverse Chassis Numbers - see tex | FerrariChat

Foglio Montaggios and Certificato Origines for sale at auction for diverse Chassis Numbers - see tex

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by christc, Apr 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Dear All,

„foglio di montaggios“ and „certificatos origines“ for the following chassis numbers are to be sold in Germany:

2237/ 0026/ 07659/ 5113/ 07827/ 6799/ 1581/ 6573/ 1367/ 5903/ 3933/ 08311/ 1749.

If you know owners of the cars please inform them as it might be of interest to them.

I am sorry but I am not allowed to post a general link here to the auction site.
    Please send an email to me if you need more information. I have no personal interest in this just hope this helps to unite some cars with papers!

BR
    Chris

2. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Ladenburg Auction or Ni-Cola Classics?

3. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Ladenburg

4. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Stolen documents? Disappeared from the factory archives?

5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I believe that there were two copies of the Foglio di Montaggio, one was to be kept at the factory and the carbon copy went with the car to the dealer/importer. This copy could be less complete than the original.
    The Certificato d'Origine (Manufacturers Statement of Origin--MSO in the US) stayed with the car and was to be surrendered when the car was titled. This wasn't always the case depending the country/province/state where it was to be titled. The Certificato was held by whoever paid for the car prior to titling. If the importer borrowed the funds to acquire the car the lender would hold the certificato until the loan was satisfied, then release it.
    Different states in the US had different procedures and all sorts of chicanery took place. I've acquired a few certificati that were never surrendered to the DMV yet the actual cars have been titled for years.

6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Some of the docs mentioned are NON original (non factory).
    Be careful, very!

Marcel Massini

VetroresinaNL, christc and 375+ like this.
  7. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Ok, if MM states this, this is fact. Marcel, could you say what is and is not original and how to find out? Just thought it might be a possibility to unite cars with original docs.

BR
    Chris