For a 3rd times in 5 months..Wife kicks me out. Is it worth it? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For a 3rd times in 5 months..Wife kicks me out. Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tomf-1, May 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ryan--- Thanks for the generous praises and approbation, guy. It is indeed my 3rd F-cars in less than 6 months. To be fair, I don't blame her, man. At least for today, Adam gets a place to park his Mustang convertible in my spot...lol.

2. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Great car, looks very nice. Like the red piping. I dont get women like this though, jeez you could be out doing tons worse! Its your house to, if you have the money theres really no reason for a reaction like that. Its what you enjoy. Im sure she does things she enjoys..sheesh! Enjoy the car!

3. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ok....perhaps I am a bit abtuse tonight but is the radio system in a 360 a bit of a pain in the a** to figure out? I supposed I will need dig out the Stereo manual book.

4. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Very COOL !

Love the piping !!

Thank you for sharing !!!

5. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Well, maybe she just needs to take a ride in the 360 on some twisty deserted road to cheer her up about it, I think that might help, it would help me....

P.S. Yea, its worth it :p

6. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Gee thanks Tom....All my help and I didn't get a heads up! Well, CONGRATULATIONS! What year is it?

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You are WAY too obsessed with OTHER PEOPLES' WIVES!!!!!!

DL

8. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    She has to find your assets first, sell them to your father or brother for $1 @ for safe keeping :) Then tell THEM to hide them

9. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Jeff...two entirely dictintive animals but I love them both for various reasons. Differences are too numberous to name. In general, I digged the brutal power of the 512TR through it wasn't very urban friendly and I love her exotic look. She was so beautiful, man..I could spend hours staring at her without blinking. The 360 is a lot more street friendly and she is as smooth as silk. I'm getting a real kick out of all the electronic gagets and technological ammenities it offers.

The reliability factor also plays a big role....I must confess I always had this fear of something going wrong at the most inopportune time when I drove my 512TR (it doesn't help that I am mechanical inept) whereas I don't get that feeling driving the 360M, at least so far.....

10. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I bought my wife a beautiful 380SL - she didn't like it. Then I bought her a Boxster S - she loves it. (See my profile.)

This weekend I am looking at yet another F-car - this could be the one.

Its called "greasing the skids", mate!!!!

Cheers
    Kevin

11. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Kevin,

For some reason, that doesn't sound right. ;)

12. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Makes sense, dude....
    Unfortunately, for as long as I know my wife, she couldn't care less about cars. As far as spending, I'm never one to stop her from buying anything she wants......

13. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yeah, sometimes these colloquialisms don't quite translate properly....

....but I stand by my statement in this instance. (Cue the rim shot/cymbal crash)

Thank you - I'm here all week.

Cheers
    Kevin

14. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thank you, Drew. You inspired me...
    Now, if only you find me a place to live then life would be perfect.

15. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Tom,

Just picked this thread up. Congratulations my friend on this terrific car! She looks gorgeous. I actually think I know where you saw her. I'm glad things worked out.

Oh, BTW, no disrespect to the wifey at all, but the answer to the question is a resounding "yes." ;)

16. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    My sweetie didn't really care about cars when I met her (c. 1990). We used to go by this showroom in Sydney and I would give her the full bottle on every car in the place.

One day she went in by herself (I was probably in the pub or something) and began reciting all the information back to the salesman - she said it was hilarious to watch the sales guy's face as she launched into her speech about the Espada "Well, the V-12 is great and of course its nice to do 250kph with three of your closest friends, but this Gandini styling..."

Guess I am saying that it took me about 7 years but she is finally getting that I am a car guy!!!

Hope you have a comfortable sofa to sleep on...and congrats on the 360!!!

Cheers
    Kevin

17. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ahh...My dear detective friend, Vic at last!!!!

No surprise here that you found it....
    George B. should've used you in the search for WMD...lol.
    BTW, how is that beautiful 355 treating you, buddy?

18. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Beautiful. Congrats!

19. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    What year? How many miles?

20. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    No problemo. Just get on a plane and head West to LA. Oh, and don't forget the 360.

21. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Both Gary and his rig are amazing. Nobody, and I mean Nobody, will painstakenly deliver a car like Gary. He will protect your ride and deliver it as fast as humanly possible.

22. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Haven't been at F-chat since Friday, and see what happens in the short-time.

Tom, your addiction is a good type, not bad one, so don't worry. There's always pros & cons on any situation, right?

I remember you were looking for 550, then 360 spider (yellow/black), and ended up w/ this beatiful red beast.

Congrat, and enjoy your drive!

23. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Having a whale of a time with her! Found a great crew in the Tri-State Area that, like me, enjoy driving their cars, and every weekend we're always upto some mischief or the other. ;)

Take a peek in the New York Tri State Forum to see what kind of naughty stuff we are up to.

24. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003

Damn Vik, we are GOOD! Gotta love our active group hehe.

25. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    That is a gorgeous interior.