For a 3rd times in 5 months..Wife kicks me out. Is it worth it? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

For a 3rd times in 5 months..Wife kicks me out. Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tomf-1, May 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    How do men get kicked out of their own houses? I saw a shirt at the Byron Nelson that may apply. It read,"I've got the penis and I make the rules *****." I dont think he got laid that night. In all seriousness, You've got the car, who really cares what happens to the wife.

2. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Beautiful car,and yes

3. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Tom, all I can say is you're the MAN!!

What is it that she's so mad about?

4. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Everybody here seems to suggest that the car is a good swap for the wife but we have seen no pictures of the wife so how can a sensible comparison be made?

5. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    "I never made the same mistake once" (old joke) when it comes to marriage. I've stayed single all my life for this very reason, i.e., when it comes to my toys I don't want to be nagged to death over what I should own, what I do own, or what I hope to own someday. I've always enjoyed the experience of owning cars and motorcycles. I also wanted to own a boat, but realized I'd never have any extra time outside of work to play with it. Regardless, you do have a beautiful car here and I hope the other issues work themselves out...

6. NTB

NTB Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I also highly recommend Gary for car transporting. He has moved cars for me and could not be more helpful. After using many of the big name companies, and dealing with the their stories, I would never go back to them. If you need your car moved, Gary is the guy!
    Tom

7. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

I second that suggestion. Pictures of the wife, please. ;)

8. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    If you are a good person you can keep the car and lose the wife.

You can sell it to a friend for $1.00.

She is going to go after the Ferrari the hardest. If it has alrady been sold you can tell her you will give her the proceeds from the sale in exchange for something else.

Then hand her lawyer the bill of sale for a buck.

Now the doiwnside risk is your buddy may keep the car and you can't do anything. I'm pretty sure the person you sell it to can't be related to you either. Make sure they area good friend and would be willing to show up in court a few times for you as well.

Then let him keep the car for the summer and give him a nice week long vacation in Vegas for the both of you for the trouble.

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yes.

Hint: You have housekeys.

10. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I guess we'll see Tom's want ad in one of the singles papers in a few months...

WANTED: Lady with a Ferrari for long term relationship. Please send picture of Ferrari.

11. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Congratulations!

...and a 6 speed too! Yummy...

12. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Please post Gary's contact info.

13. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    Tom, The car looks great.
    I love the interior.

You should have put a big red bow on it when it came off the truck and told your wife you felt guilty and wanted her to have a Ferrari also.

By the way, I am in St. Louis if you need a place to hide the F-cars I'd be happy to help. Heck if YOU need a place to hide I'll try and help there too.

Chuck

14. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Tom&Robin--- No way...dudes. lol.

Listen, I've seen you guys are over in the bikini threads...

Besides, you are looking to move in on her and hope to eventually share ownership of my 360 after she gets it as part of the divorce settlement..lol

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    When you work it out, in the long run wifes are cheaper than hookers. :)

16. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Jimmy-- Holy Crap...I just got a glimse the interior of your 360. Dude, that is drop dead over-the-top, man. She is many times cooler than mine.

17. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Why is it always the man that gets shown the door or kicked to the curb? Lol.

Anyways, relationship issues (even minor or temporary ones) over a car seems a bit trivial to me. Seems like she might have over-reacted judging by your posts also. Of course, you did nothing wrong :D. A man works hard for his money, and he should be able to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

Hope all works out for you, and you're able to keep both the Ferrari and the wifey.

18. rkm

rkm Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Spring Hill
    Full Name:
    Robert Monroe
    Hey Tom, what happened to the 550? I thought it was supposed to be on it's way a few weeks ago. Did that deal fall through? That sucks but not a bad replacement.

19. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Very nice car Tom.....
    Did this whole event take the magic out of the purchase? Or after the third time have you gotten used to it?

Anyways, awesome car!
    Good Luck!!

20. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    If it comes to that i'm gonna buy your car for $1000

21. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Not really...Mike. I am out of the country right now for biz but can't wait to get back and "be" with her again (the 360 that is...).

Rob....yes, wives are cheaper longrun than the "outsourcing service" alternative. Thankfully, that won't be needed. lol

rkm--yes, the 550 fell through but I m keeping that on my radar screen....

Vibrant5oh--She really isn't over-reacting....I am the idiot w/ the obsessive compulsive problem....This is my 3rd Ferrari in 5 months and it doesn't include 3 others non-Ferrari cars I purchased....

Robiferretti-- Dude, I might have to take you up on that offer...LOL. That will be $1,000 more than I will have if it comes to that....LOL.

22. NTB

NTB Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Gary Almond - 240-994-1343 or [email protected]

23. rkm

rkm Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Spring Hill
    Full Name:
    Robert Monroe
    Well congrats anyways Tom on the 360. Gorgeous car. hope everything works out for you on the other front. Hope to see your new car at future F-club events.

24. GaryA

GaryA Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    Pasadena, MD
    Full Name:
    Gary Almond
    Thanks everybody for all the praises! The best part of transporting these cars (besides seeing some of the most beautiful cars on the planet) is meeting great people like Tom Barth, Tom P., and Edward.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need your car transported.

25. rascalif

rascalif Karting

Dec 20, 2003
    Southern California
    I don't quite understand how a woman can stay upset with a guy with this much honesty and self-deprecation.

Beautiful car! Hope things work out!