For all of your reading pleasure!!!! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

For all of your reading pleasure!!!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by MrGreenJeans, May 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    What happened ? Did he hit a nerve with you ? Are you one of the Laguna boys he mentioned ? :D

2. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    the internet's a great place to visit, but i wouldn't want to live there.

3. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Amen.

My condolences to their families. My condolences on the loss of a friend, Justin.

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #104 wax, May 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    IT'S ALL ABOUT SELF-DISCIPLINE.

Lacking that, one needs discipline.

rakjoe - it is no secret you're unquestionably one of the more balanced members of L-Power and F-Chat, however, it's also no secret your loyalty is squarely with L-Power, or, to bastardize MrsCarface's numerous "F-***" comments - "L-Lesbos."

That said, it's also no secret MrsCarface has disdain for F-Chat members, as he made it so abundantly clear time and again.

My opinion was not swayed one iota by mob rule. I made it clear to several members via PM that I was going to offer him a chance to redeem himself, and that it was up to him to put reading comprehension to good use and read between the lines of what I wrote on each successive post. His ban is not only in the best interest of the site, but that of MrsCarface to become a mirage throughout the long, hot summer.

In case you're wondering what I meant when I wrote:
    From the outset, he had multiple opportunities to simply state, "I'm sorry..." or "I apologize..." for any and all comments which were out of line, here, there, and everywhere. A real man would do that, and be humble about it.

Instead, he chose to speak ill of the dead... finally offer a weak apology, during a brief, shining moment of lucidity... then continue speaking ill of the living. If the living are F-***s, then, so are the dead, after all, they died in a Ferrari, which by default, makes his "apology" null and void.

He's no man.
    Hence the ban.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    I have to say that when I made the coment that he "man up and apoligize for the comments he did". as here it shows :

As far as the name calling and such, I have been called a series of things on this board and really could give a rats a$$ about it at the end of the day.

With WAX as a mod, I will have too respect his judgment, not that I condon it, but mearly that I respect it.

I would and want to make clear that when asked MrScarface did retrack on the comments he made in the other thread.

and yes, in the same breath as retraction he went with his other words, not the smartest thing, but not really a policy breaker either.

my few cents worth of nada!

-a

6. johntvette

johntvette Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2006
    Hurst, Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm with him ^^^

7. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    It's like bunch of you guys were teasing a dog with a stick and puling his tail until he got mad and bite all of you in the ass, then you called your dad who came and shoot the dog claiming the dog had "Bad Manners"....That's what happened.

8. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    nice.

9. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    What, pray tell, would happen on L-Power?

Tea and Crumpets?

10. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Read MsScarfaces history of posts here, he's nothing but a **** head and **** stirrer and adds nothing of value to this site. This isn't the first time he has been out of line.

They all have a spot LPower where they can spew fanatical Ferrari hate of the cars and owners, let them stay in their own cess pool and have their fun.

11. johntvette

Mar 27, 2006
    Hurst, Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    If maybe one of his posts were witty and/or clever, I might agree with you. Maybe I'm just too evolved for the tired old "you suck" smack talk.

12. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    posts would be edited to include phrases such as "man, i love pole-smoking" and "i give $5 bj's", and his custom title would be "i love teh cock". :p

13. jpress

jpress Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2005
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    IMO, PM's are PRIVATE & should be kept in that space, no need to bring them out in the open....

14. F355spyder

F355spyder Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Rakjoe or one of the other mods would have locked the thread long before it would have gotten this far, thats what would have happened. I read through this and was surprised you let it go on as long as it did. The PM should have stayed a PM not gotten dragged out here.............like joe said with his dog theroy is exactly what it looks like to me but yet he got banned for it?? Uncool.

15. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    Go back and look through all of his posts, not just the thread. Almost every single one is negative and similar to the ones from this thread. He does no good on this site.

16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    If you and rakjoe want to argue that scarface has the diminished mental capacity and minimal self-control of a dog, then I'll concede those points :D.

That aside, there are several issues here.

First, the disagreement about "who started it" ultimately seems to stem from a judgement regarding scarface's initial post in the TR thread. There was a clear escalating tit-for-tat pattern, but from what point? If you don't think scarface's initial post was very provocative, then jmatthews was at fault; if you do think it was sufficiently provocative, then scarface was at fault.

Second the whole silly name calling going on. Somehow the usual derogatory cursing in heated exchanges became marque fixated. I think that's just a sideshow and it's probably a mistake to argue that was particularly relevant to the ban, though it clearly diverted some people from the root issues. I think the root issues go back to who you think "started it" and who also took it "a step over the edge", aggravated by a lack of moderation on both sides. Wax explained why he believed it was more scarface and I accept his rationale at face value. People who differ probably go back to a difference arising from the first point.

Third, the issue of posting PM's. jmatthews chose to reveal a single PM in starting this thread. It appears many people think this was a bad thing. I'm not sure posting PM's is a bad thing per se, mostly because it seems to me that respecting PM privacy needs to be by mutual agreement, like a contract. For example, if I sent someone a PM threatening bodily harm, I should expect that it would be shared at least with a moderator and perhaps police and others. As another example, we all receive daily "confidential" e-mails on how to participate in special opportunities to make $M which we share with great amusement. Sending a PM can't create that obligation of privacy on it's own and respecting it is at best a courtesy (which if you're in an exchange like this one, you can hardly expect any). I do think though that if you reveal a PM, that's part of an exchange, and it shows the other party in a bad light, that in all fairness you should reveal the whole exchange; but that too is a courtesy.

17. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    With all fairness, the reason Scarface was banned was because he spanked so many 3x8 owners ass in this thread and for none of the reasons Wax mentioned, we all know that and it has EVERYTHING to do with it..... :p
    With that said, it's up to Wax and we need to respect that...

18. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    I've done just that, have you? Contrary to what's been implied here, he has not been a negative poster at all. There have been a few incidents where he has called someone out, but it looks like it was justified too. Why are some of you now trying to create a truth, that to my eyes, just never existed?

Maybe rakjoe is right. You guys seem to have gotten your knickers in a bunch about the 3x8 and Mondial owners comment made in a PRIVATE MESSAGE, which was in retaliation to being talked down to and treated like **** by someone being an arrogant jack@ss.
    I should know better than to get involved in this sort of thing, but to those of you causing all the noise and complaining about the lambo-smack talk, I have three words, POT, KETTLE and BLACK.

Maybe Rob should rename the board double standards chat.

19. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Joe
    If you want to debate the issue, at least do it intelligently. Sadly I believe the truth is, in part what you have written here, but that is not all of it, which everyone here can see. Your silly generalisations don't deal with the real issues and make it far too easy for others to dismiss yours and other similar posts as Lambo P "smack talk". If you want to right a percieved wrong then do it constructively, if you're just here to **** stir, respectfully please f@ck off.

20. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    WTF ? did you logged off from your senses ? What smack talk ?
    My arguments are very simple and vivid, I call the child by it's name and don't quote Hemingway while trying to re-right the facts like some.. ;D
    I do like to participate in lively debates like this one and often take side with the underdog, that thread was calling my name, it had me all over it.
    I will "constructively" add that I appreciate your support to my opinion in the matter, I hope more people will join us on that one...

-Joe

21. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    3X8 owners being 'spanked' etc... that's not the case, just that they got their panties in a bind over his disrespect toward such vehicles when he had no ownership nor experience which warranted such mocking.

however, it was provoked, and public facts prior to private chats ASIDE, should not have been presented in the light that it was, ie. "this guy sent me a pm saying **** about ferrari owners" without the relevant backstory of "i just sent 2 pms to this guy calling him a loser for owning a nissan..."

22. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    I'm tired of this BS thread, the 3x8 owners got spanked in here and this is it...,

I wana puke every time I have to type "3x8", it's not the car, it's the offence everyone here takes that I have to deal with...

You banned the wrong person, now deal with it...

If I was a mod here I would lock that ridiculous debate right here, I'm out of here anyway..

23. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Wow, what the hell.. I remeber reading trough that thread when it happened, never knew it got so outta hand.

I will have to say, that the ban was unfair considering justin hasn't been banned (No offense Justin) Either both should have been banned, or none.

rakjoe, this is not only about the smack being talked about 3x8 owners, if you re-read the thread, it's the comment about the dead Ferraridriver (RIP) that got most people aggitated. I know that some of the posts here, do originate in those comments, but most of them don't :) And we know that on L-power, the thread wouldn't be locked, it would have been altered with other words like it happened last week, were a F-guy's post suddenly had "c.ock sucking" and other things in it :)

But I agree that the posting of PM's was a VERY bad idea, and should have never happened. That's the reason why all this happened. I hope Scarface returns and continue to participate in a decent manner and that it will settle at that. Sadly, I don't think that will happen.

24. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    For those folks locked in on the concept of *bad-mouthing the Nissan* - you must have never realized:

MrsCarface has never been bashful about bashing Ferraris throughout his tenure here.

He was just given a taste of his own medicine.

While maintaining love affair with certain unnamed competitor marques; other than occasional almost uncanny dingleberry-echoes of EllenLamebo nodding approval towards *430 & Enzo* - He doesn't like Ferraris or the Members here, as evidenced by balance of Ferrari-related comments below:
    While he was quite negative in the bulk of his postings about most any subject, that'd be irrelevant, except to say: his bad karma caught up with him.

Bottom line:
    No loss to F-Chat and he can have a good time being Ellen's dingleberry this summer.

25. johntvette

Mar 27, 2006
    Hurst, Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Still, I have to admit; It's funny to see a guy who drives a Volkswagen beetle, trying to bash Ferraris. Pretty hilarious.