FOR SALE: 1972 Ferrari Dino 246 GT "PROJECT" | FerrariChat

FOR SALE: 1972 Ferrari Dino 246 GT "PROJECT"

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by brock328, Jul 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brock328

brock328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2011
    Niagara, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 brock328, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have for sale a 1972 Ferrari Dino 246 GT, it is a project car which will require a full restoration. The car is listed in the Dino registry, it is a USA model LHD - Silver over Black with power windows & Cromodora wheels. It was owned by the first caretaker from 1972 to 1983. I believe the second owner had the car from 1983 until I acquired the car in 2017.

My preliminary research indicates the engine and transmission are original to the car although not in the car at the moment, and the engine appears to be missing one cylinder head as far as I can see but the cylinder head cover is there. It looks like the PO was in the process of doing engine work while undertaking a restoration based on the manner in which the car is apart.

Currently missing are the seats, windshield, rear glass & both rear quarter windows. Also missing are front bumpers, (rears are there), toolkit (the jack is there), front and rear taillight lenses but the Hella headlamps are there, exhaust is missing as well as the mirrors. The wheels are on the car but the rubber is rotten. There’s more I will uncover as I begin sorting and cataloging but a fair bit of work remains.

The car wasn’t stored in the best of conditions although for many, many years, possibly 25, it was indoors and out of the elements. The body is not bad but not great, some surface rust but the metal appears quite good, and the front left fender appears to have filler in it. As indicated above this Dino will need a complete restoration.

I am in the process of tracking the vehicle history but this is all I know right now. At this time there are no books or records available.

If you are interested in a Dino project please contact me by PM and I shall provide a link to photos of the car. Please do not contact me if the car is for someone else or you are only interested in gathering information, I do not want to waste your time or mine.

Asking price is $100,000 USD
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

carlos cuellar likes this.
  2. Mantellaautosport

BANNED

Dec 27, 2015
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Anthony Mantella
  3. brock328

brock328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2011
    Niagara, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Email sent

4. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hey there... What is the SN?

5. Sebsanto

Sebsanto Rookie

Sep 3, 2017
    Hi!
    Is the car still available ? If yes I could be interested - if available please email me at [email protected]
    Thank you and rgds, SP

6. Sunshine31912

Sunshine31912 Rookie

Jul 7, 2016
    Woodruff, SC
    Full Name:
    Ellen A. Udot
    Hello,
    Is this vehicle still available? My boss and I are interested in getting more information about this car. Can you please send your email address, phone number, and location of the car? My email address is [email protected]. Thank you and have a great day.

7. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    Another one of those phantom sellers ... now you see it now you don't

8. MELS

MELS Karting

Apr 22, 2015
    Hi please call Me I`m in the area next few days and would like to come and buy your car and not waste your time. Thanks Mike 705-946-5296 Or 705-255-8020

9. carlos cuellar

Nov 16, 2017
    Full Name:
    Carlos Cuellar
    hello good afternoon is still available the car I'm interested just send me where I can see if you need a deposit to do the business and I pick it up the day I'm there with you or a phone number or email address to communicate thanks have a nice day

ScottS likes this.
  10. mrfiorano

mrfiorano Karting

Feb 22, 2016
    HIALEAH
    Full Name:
    Rolando Grillo
    still for sale?

11. Caphill

Caphill Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    Looks like there are buyers.

12. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Are you serious?

This was sold before anyone realized it.

Call me dumb, but if anyone has something like this and can’t sell it, I will buy it if for no other reason than forparts.

Caphill likes this.
  13. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Yes, this car did sell and is being brought back from the dead. I spoke with the seller in the spring just to check that it was sold. I had spoke to him when he first listed the car but we could not come to terms.

Caphill likes this.
  14. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    My post was meant tongue and cheek.

Cars like this sell almost the moment they are offered.

Most interestingly is how many cars like this never circulate publicly.

Almost all vintage cars, like this, sell before they get advertised SOMEWHERE.

Shawn

Caphill likes this.