For Sale - For Sale or Trade - 996.1 GT3 Clubsport | FerrariChat

For Sale For Sale or Trade - 996.1 GT3 Clubsport

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by REV, Aug 19, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REV

REV Rookie

May 6, 2015
    Vancouver, BC / Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Erik Valdez
    Hey guys,
    Considering parting ways with one of my toys. I guess for starters, this post really only applies to folks outside of the US as this car, having never been sold in North America, isn’t quite eligible for US import just yet (July ‘24, all that changes).

In short, I have an extremely clean and somewhat uncommon 996.1 GT3. For those unfamiliar, it’s the literal beginning of the Porsche 911 GT lineage. Production numbers were somewhere around 1860 units globally, with less than 20% of those being delivered with the Clubsport option (full cage, nomex covered buckets, extinguisher, interior and exterior kill switches, driver’s side racing harness, lightweight flywheel, and removal of side airbags, sound insulation, with AC/Radio being options [this car has AC]).

This car was originally sold in Japan and imported to Canada around 2019. From what I’m told, it’s one of less than 30 produced in Clubsport form to wear Biarritz White sheet metal. I acquired it in ‘21 and it’s currently garaged in the Vancouver area. It’s somewhere between a garage queen and a driver as it does have some mileage (~58k kms) and mild patina on the front bumper and wheel arches, but that considered, it’s in impeccable shape! It has never been tracked (sadly) during my ownership or the previous, but there’s not much in the way of history in Japan other than it belonged to an elderly gentleman as part of a collection.

I could ramble further and am happy to go into more detail if someone is serious about a purchase/trade, but will leave it at that for now.

In regards to value, it’s hard to nail down this particular car as there are so few, especially in this condition, but we’ll say $175k USD obo.

As for trades, I’m open to both US and Canadian cars (I’m American but work in Canada and subsequently, split time between Vancouver and Dallas). Cars preferred:

Ferraris - Testarossas, F355s, 360s, 430s, 550s, and 348s or 612s or even 599s as outlying options. Heavily prefer manual but might consider F1 in 360, 430, and obviously 612 or 599. Also prefer coupes or targa tops.

Porsches - 997s or 991s (GTS preferred) Turbos of all eras, G body 911s, etc. Basically, almost any 911 with a back seat (the kid loves my GT3 but hates that he’s too young to ride in it).

Even trades or a trade plus cash on your end is preferred but considering we’re remodeling a house, the wife would kill me if I parted with more of my (our) money right now. Thanks!

-Erik

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Fantastic car and photos!

3. REV

REV Rookie

May 6, 2015
    Full Name:
    Erik Valdez
    Thank you! I can only take credit for driving/owning it…my buddy JP (not on here) is the man with the eye behind the camera.

-Erik

technom3 likes this.
  4. TTEC

TTEC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Full Name:
    Terry Tecco
    Is the car in Dallas? Would like to talk about car

5. REV

REV Rookie

May 6, 2015
    Full Name:
    Erik Valdez
    The car is with me at our Canadian home as it cannot yet be registered in the states yet. Happy to chat about it though if you still have questions!

-Erik

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Nice car.

REV likes this.
  7. REV

REV Rookie

May 6, 2015
    Full Name:
    Erik Valdez
    Thanks!!

ralfabco likes this.
  8. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    How is this legal in 2004? This is a ‘99?

9. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    You mean 2024 as the OP stated? The car would be 25 years old and legal to import.

gsfent and cnpapa24 like this.
  10. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl

11. REV

REV Rookie

May 6, 2015
    Full Name:
    Erik Valdez
    From what I understand, it’s legal a 25 yrs and 1 month after production date. This is a ‘00 model with a July ‘99 build date, so it will become US legal in of August ‘24.

I’ve had a few questions about “show and display” importation. To be honest, I don’t know much about the rules/logistics of that. I believe the only way to bring it into the US now would be with a dealers license or as “off-road use only.”

-Erik

mkraft3003 likes this.
  12. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Got it. Didn’t know it was built that early.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  13. REV

REV Rookie

May 6, 2015
    Full Name:
    Erik Valdez
    Apologies for the typos…my wife took me wine tasting for my birthday. I cannot be held responsible for anything I say until tomorrow.

GuyIncognito, ralfabco and one4torque like this.
  14. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Perhaps this trick {may} work -

With the professional help of an advocate - establish a corporation with a Native American. The N/A will be a minority stock holder and will essentially just open the door for you. Title and register the car on the reservation. After a year simply move the title over to a U.S. state that does not closely scrutinize DMV paperwork. No clue about present and future liabilities.

I heard from the Grapevine someone did this with a slick Diablo that is not supposed to be titled in the USA.

k wright, yamashek and Ryan S. like this.
  15. REV

REV Rookie

May 6, 2015
    Full Name:
    Erik Valdez
    Interesting approach. I don’t think this car makes sense for a US buyer at the moment. The more I think about it, I may just hang onto it and buy a Ferrari as a garage mate. May push my timeline by 6 months or so, but this car is too rare and too raw to get rid of unless the number/trade is right.

Ryan S. and ralfabco like this.
  16. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Would you be interested in a trade with an 88.5 328 GTS in mint condition? Red on black

17. REV

REV Rookie

May 6, 2015
    Full Name:
    Erik Valdez
    PM me some pics.

18. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
  19. jdmwerks

jdmwerks Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    I'd be interested in the car. I am in Canada as well. Can you PM me a cdn price. I'm on the other side of the country. beautiful car!

REV likes this.
  20. REV

REV Rookie

May 6, 2015
    Full Name:
    Erik Valdez
    PM Sent!

21. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Nice! Love the factory options/delete to make it a true club/track car!

22. REV

REV Rookie

May 6, 2015
    Full Name:
    Erik Valdez
    Thanks…it truly is a special car!

I’ve had a couple of trade offers that didn’t really do it for me, and two offers to buy, but not quite at the the price point I’d let it go for. I’m leaving the add up for now but the more time I spend with it, the harder it is to part with. If you happen to be in the Vancouver area and want to take a look in person, I’ll be taking it to a an event at Porsche Centre Langley this Saturday am, FYI.

-Erik

23. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I love this car, just can't get it into the US.

REV likes this.