For Sale - For Sale: Set of Gotti 16” Modular Wheels for 308 / 328 Serie | FerrariChat

For Sale For Sale: Set of Gotti 16” Modular Wheels for 308 / 328 Serie

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by dave80gtsi, Oct 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    For Sale: Set of Gotti 16” Modular Wheels for 308 / 328 Series

For Sale is a set of four (4) 16” Gotti J55C two-piece modular wheels, perfectly sized for the 308 and non-ABS 328 series. These were very popular in their day, selected by those owners who wished to get away from their OEM 14” and TRX wheels.

Fronts are 7-1/2” wide (which is ½” wider than the 16” QV-era wheels) and the rears are 8” wide (same as the QV’s). The wheels are in excellent condition, fit perfectly, and have been used by me with no weird vibration or runout issues.

The neat thing about these wheels is that, since the center spider section is easily removable, you can easily remove and refinish them in a variety of finishes so to suit your interests. At the moment, these wheel centers are painted gloss black (see first picture below) for sort of a vintage Porsche 911 Fuchs look. Over the years I have finished these centers to be silver (a subtle contrast to the chrome rim portion) as well as bronze-gold (1980’s throwback). I will post a number of other pictures below, showing some other “what if” colors that I have tried, so that you can see some of the many possibilities. I will also include a variety of rim attachment bolts (silver, black, button head, 12-point socket, etc.) so that you can even vary the look of the bolt heads while you are at it. Yellow Ferrari horse center caps as shown are included, as well as a very rare and never-used set of Gotti-labeled caps.

These rims are currently fitted with a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE-750 tires: Front 225/50 and Rear 245/50. (As an aside, these sizes are one step wider than OEM, and I really like this as they visually fill out the wheel wells a bit better than the OEM sizes). These tires have under 1000 miles on them and are in mint condition, but they are date coded to around 2006, perhaps making them suitable only for casual puttering around town.

I really do not want to ship these four (4) wheels and tires, as that would be a bit of a hassle for the both of us. So let’s start the ad with local pick-up only, for the moment – I am in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio.

All for $995.00 USD. PayPal preferred.

Thanks - DM

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. solidskills

solidskills Rookie

Jan 18, 2014
    Hi, I would like to talk to you more about the Gotti's. Please email me at [email protected]

3. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    Wicked. GLWS

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    My 308 had a similar set on it when I bought it. I kinda liked them but wanted a more stock look at the same time. They are well built wheels and were apparently very spendy to buy back in the day.

5. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    E-mail sent - DM

6. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Yes, agreed, these Gotti wheels are very high quality, and the future buyer will be happy. Just try to find another set of them for sale today!

The neat thing about them, from my perspective, is how easy the center spider can be removed and repainted. That's why I showed so many different 'looks' that one can create, using nothing more sophisticated than a rattle can of Rustoleum.

Thanks - DM

7. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The change in handling after switching to these wheels from the stock setup is night and day. I had these wheels on my 75 308GT4 for 25 years.

8. solidskills

solidskills Rookie

Jan 18, 2014
  9. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Sale pending, with a deposit paid to hold. If this deal falls thru for any reason, I will let you know.

10. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Sold, thanks to all for your interest!