Forbes: world's billionaire capital | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Forbes: world's billionaire capital

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by mushtandroid, Mar 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    I went to NW Arkansas on business and visited Walmart HQ... it's crazy out there... every major supplier/manufacturer has a little office around Walmart. I also checked out Sam's humble beginnings at his Nickel and Dime store (now a museum), and also checked out old Mrs. Walton's home, with its overgrown weeds and unused tennis court.

I respect Mr. Walton for what he did, but I wonder how he would react to Walmart's continued growth and all the criticism they receive these days....

~shahedc

2. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    A $15M house is not all that special when you own and drive a $15M car. 3607 ;)

3. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

250GT? I'm not familiar with that VN :)

4. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
  5. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Not exactly.

The Al Nahyan family of Abu Dhabi is worth much more than that. How do I know? They happen to be clients of mine.

6. MikeMac

MikeMac Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm sure they'd love knowing you are passing this information along on f-chat.

I work in the wealth management biz, too. I would absolutely never share information like that to anyone, let alone an anonymous messageboard.

7. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky

Senna3xWC didn't really share any unknown information. The family and their wealth are quite well known!

It's no different than mentioning the Waltons.

8. MikeMac

MikeMac Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    In my line of work, you never talk about your clients and how much money they have. Even if everyone already knows. That's a quick way to not have any more clients...

9. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that.

There's a family which no one ever talks about in general and here on Fchat, and I believe their wealth exceeds that of the Al Nahyan family. The Rothschild family I would say is the most wealthiest.

10. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    Wait, you're saying there is a 'family' HERE on F-chat that is worth more than $100 Billion?!? No way! I don't believe that at all. Unless the 'family' is a 10 year old who happens to belong to that particular family you're talking about. Still, I don't think anyone of significant net worth would be wasting their time on a public forum on the internet.

11. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Reread the post. He is saying that no one ever talks about this family. He never says they are part of FChat.

12. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Where's Scott Storch?!!??

RMX

13. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Senna3xWC didn't mention how much money they have.

I do know about confidentiality rules, as I am also heavily invested, but I really don't think he crossed any bounds! Again, all he said is something that is already public knowledge.

14. MikeMac

MikeMac Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He said they have much more than $100 billion, and then said the reason he knows is because they are clients of his.

Look, I don't care if you agree with me or not. All I said is that I would never share that kind of information with anyone, let alone people I don't know on the internet. I think it's completely inappropriate.

15. A_SINGER

A_SINGER Karting
    BANNED

Mar 19, 2008
    You're absolutely right

16. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    Thanks for your sarcasm. Reread the post.

+1

17. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I dunno. I skimmed the list on Forbes and saw one Fchat user. Not sure if he still posts here or not, but he's definitely on there...

-R

18. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    There's a guy named MagWheel from the M-B forums who has a very nice collection of exotics... he's also on F-chat.

And of course, you all know Napolis (Jim) who has a slightly modified Enzo. :D

~shahedc

19. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    On second thought, I do agree with you! I don't know what I was thinking?