Ford GT engine test mule = F250 | FerrariChat

Ford GT engine test mule = F250

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by C. Losito, May 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    #1 C. Losito, May 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Working prototypes of the GT were not ready in time for engine testing, so the engineers built their own test mule. The only vehicle with enough space to install the dry-sump oiling system, intercooler and extra cooling was, surprise surprise, the F250. From what I read, these were stripper trucks with vinyl seats and rubber floor mats. 500 horsepower...work truck style. :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Now that is the definition of a sleeper! Be cool if you could buy one of those if you wanted to.

3. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    The answer to Dodge's SRT 10 ... the F-250 GT-RS ... LMAO!!

4. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Actually,this shot is more real than you could believe.Ford has already planned on dumping the gt40 motor in the lightning.I would really be pizzed if I shelled out 200k+ for a gt40,and the guy down the street had the same motor in his lightning.

5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The coolest thing I have heard about the new Lightning model is the Nitrous style system that runs of the air conditioner.

6. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Absolutely!!That is WILD!!A true gearheads dream come true.A 50 shot at your disposal,from the factory!!

7. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    I was under the impression that it was a cooling system for the supercharger, not a nitrous system. I heard that at WOT refrigerant from the AC compressor is routed through the supercharger's intercooler to super-cool the incoming air, thus increasing horsepower (since cooler air = denser air = more horsepower). Either way, it'll be a killer setup.

*edit* Whoops, I see now that you said "nitrous style". Sorry! C'mon Losito, wake up...