ford gt market | Page 8 | FerrariChat

ford gt market

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by henryr, Jun 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Red Head Seeker

Red Head Seeker Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 27, 2009
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I find it almost impossible to believe that the cylinder walls are Sooooooo thick that there is almost a 1/2inch of cylinder wall material that can be removed to go from 3.75 to 4.211 bore. I have a 1972 De Tomaso Pantera with a 351 Cleveland. It is NOT recommended to bore a Cleveland block more than .030 over, also increasing stroke causes side wall load on both the cylinder wall and piston.....amazing you can go from 287 cubic inches to "501" with the same block......Thanks for posting.....I like learning......Mark

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    True, I dont own a race car. I own 4 race cars :)

3. Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    I would not call that Testarossa monstrosity a race car as much as I would some sort of Fast & Furious stunt double ricer looking thingy. You still don't own a GT let alone a race version of the GT. Please, I beg of you, if you ever manage to convince someone to sell you one, don't subject it to the wings and body kits that adorn your other "race cars".

4. Red Head Seeker

BANNED

Apr 27, 2009
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey Luke, If you owned a "horse" would you beat it to death as much as you have your opinion/s on cars with wings?....You have stated your opinion ad nauseum.....like a tired baby....Can you put it to bed?......Mark

5. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    No... I'm sorry. This is between Willy and I.

6. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Based on these comments, I can assume that is why the T/A 400 in my old 1978 Trans Am was referred to as a small block 400?

Very interesting.

7. Red Head Seeker

BANNED

Apr 27, 2009
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The "King" of all American "winged" cars......Mark
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAzYJOXhTQ4&feature=related[/ame]

8. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #183 WILLIAM H, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Heres my fake ricer "race car" Camaro GT1. 2200# & 850 hp w a wing on the back just cus I'm a ricer poser LOL
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #184 WILLIAM H, Aug 3, 2011
    The TR by the way weighs 2800# w 500hp & has a full cage, fire supression, Penske shocks, F50 brakes, BBLM Trans etc

Since you like wings so much when I get my GT next year I'll mount this baby on there just for you. It changes colors too LOL and as the ad says its "10x more badazz than any normal wing" :)

and by the way the 2nd photo is the 512TR race interior, please point out the ricey parts

10. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Those seats weren't made in Japan????

:D

Mike

11. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    I see. I don't know about willy but I was enjoying this exchange. I definitely have thoughts on the SuperBee but the moderator has sent me a nastygram telling me to cease. I would have liked to continue our conversation willy but am precluded from doing so any further. Watch this thread die...

12. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    It amazes me how any new user can believe that, on a board this size, with the diversity of areas and members, his posts will make any sort of significant difference in ... well.... anything.

You weren't warned not to post... you were warned not to continue to prod and provoke, not to continue to beat a dead horse.

You have stated your opinion loud, clear, and often.... far too often in the opinion of many well-respected users.

One thing, from your last post, that rings true ... "I don't know about willy..."

You're right... there's a LOT you don't know. Enough to sink a battleship, in my humble opinion.

Mike

13. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I find this excerpt from your message to the moderation team quite interesting:

Let's evaluate that: you're not a paid user, you haven't referred anyone who has become a paid user, you're irritating paid users by accusing them of being teenaged ricers and pretend owners, and yet you insinuate that any curtailing of your activities would be akin to shooting ourselves in the foot.

"The Board" is intrigued and you have our attention... by what possible measure are you "good for business"?

Regards,
    Andrew.

14. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Let me be the first to say it, "Bu bye"

15. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Dave,

You have such a way with words....

:D

Mike

16. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    Clearly, I am not going to win any debates with multiple moderators so are those rhetorical questions or am I supposed to try and answer?

17. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    <laughing> Its only a matter of time.

18. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'd be interested in an answer. How are you good for business?

Regards,
    Andrew.

19. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    In my GTO I have a 400 (stock bore = 4.1225, stroke = 3.75) bumped up to 463 (bore 4.1625, stroke 4.25) and that is considered to be pretty conservative. It uses 6.8" rods which still leaves a very reasonable rod ratio for wall loading, etc. And it makes a ton of torque!

The whole small block/big block Pontiac debate is meaningless. For there to be a small or big block, there must be (at least) 2 blocks to compare. Since there is only one tradicional Pontiac V8 block what is there to compare it to to decide if it is big or small? Comparing it to Chevy or any other brand doesn't make sense.

20. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    Why does anyone feed the troll?

On another note, WCH - why fuss with a street Z06 on track when you have a GT1/Trans Am car? Seems to me the Z06 is not worth driving on track in comparison. I sure find that I have far less interest in tracking my street cars, esp. when I figure that the coast to buy a fast, dedicated race car is probably less than the mods on a street car that ends up both (1) slower; and (2) harder to maintain due to things like trim, fender liners, and generally limited accesssibility of parts that need repair and replacement.

21. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    As it stems from nursing issues, we provide gratis therapy for narcissistic, querulous paranoiacs. Failing that, trollbotomy.

22. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #197 nthfinity, Aug 3, 2011
    Here's the rear wing... bolted directly to the transaxle. Also, its designed under heavy load to actually dip, and create a higher angle of attack to produce a higher ratio of downforce at higher velocities.

23. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I got the Z before the GT1, both have their charms like AC in the Z while on the track :)
    I thought the Z was explosively fast w 650hp but the GT1 is easily the fastest car I've ever driven.

Its fun blowing away F430 Challenge cars on the straights ;)

Hopefully next year I can get all the bugs out of the GT1 and do a full NASA season in FL

24. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    I've been called worse. I haven't looked at thread views for this discussion recently but I believe them to be substantial. People are not reading it for the witless feed the troll or bu bye remarks sung by the masses. They read it because without ever raising my voice or resorting to those very common and rarely funny personal attacks, I have elicited pages and pages of response and thousands of views by those waiting to see Willy post picture after picture of his quite impressive collection of autos in an attempt to prove that he is not the winged rice lover that my straw man argument asserts. That and the occasional clever remark like the one above. As requested I will cease posting and in a matter of days if not hours this thread will die a slow death of blazeh and boredom save the occasional wings are good post by someone who drives a clapped out Jeep. Speaking of... isn't that the Robertson Racing ALMS racing GT? Not a valid argument for placing a large gaudy wing on your grocery getter that will never see the north side of 95mph on its way to pick up the kids from school. Sorry...

25. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #200 nthfinity, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
    A Keen eye.

Why, exactly would I put a wing on my 'clapped out' (not an incorrect assessment either) Jeep?

I love race cars, and should one put a big wing on a street car, it should be somewhere beyond the starting point of having, and building a purposeful track car.

Something similar to this is the road I intend to go down.
    http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z06-discussion/2202576-ricefication-of-my-2001-c5-z06-is-complete.html

PS, I never said the wing would be on a street car ;) ... and I just wonder what is wrong with making a high production vehicle faster for one's own personal taste? You seem to have owned a few that are low production, so why care about something with a volume of 4000 that were built? I haven't yet seen or heard anybody attempt to do anything with a 288 GTO, or 959 like this for a good reason.