ford gt market | Page 9 | FerrariChat

ford gt market

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by henryr, Jun 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    I'm unable to reply sorry...

Does anyone else hear the cricketts?

2. Red Head Seeker

Red Head Seeker Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 27, 2009
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hello William; Curious as to the dry weight of your racing Testarossa, also the bhp of the motor. What kind of engine mods were made?....What compression ratio are you running?, and were the cams ground to a new profile?......what octane fuel do you run when racing?....also transmission mods/upgrades?....over sized rotors & calipers?......I own a 1991 Testarossa that I have had a chance to drive on Infineon & Laguna Seca Race Tracks.....Quite Addictive.......Mark

3. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    You have missed the point completely....

The purpose of the forum is NOT to stir up controversy at every turn, just to incite spirited discussion. Enough of that happens anyway.

The point of your posts, from what you said, was ONLY to poke and prod, and to incite.

That's not how this board is intended to be... and (again) if that's how YOU intend to be, frankly, we don't want or need your participation.

Mike

4. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    #204 Luke Warmwater, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
    Where did I say it is my goal to create controversy? The only.thing I have railed against are wings on street driven Ford GTs. To that I was attacked and have defended my position vigorously in ways that seem to get under some folks skin. The more people attack and the more I failed to respond in the manner to which they hoped, the lower they went. I fail to follow your assertion that I am here to create controversy. Hacking up a prestine street driven GT to look like an actual race car shows poor taste in my opinion. The fact that you own a few race cars does not change my view. If you wish to ban me then I am at your mercy. It's just the internet and my life with my non winged cars will continue on as will my disdain for Hondas with body kits and wings of all sorts on grocery getters. Based on view counts of this thread either lots of people agree, disagree, or are enjoying the back and forth.

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I think dry weight is around 2700, has around 450hp,
    no engine mods just straight pipes,
    I have a spare engine I'll start rebuilding next year hopefullye that will be a little north of 500hp, cant go too crazy w engine or reliability goes away
    stock compression & cams
    110-115 octane
    Trans built by Bob Wallace to race spec
    F50 brakes

They are fun cars and its amazing when you reach the level you can actually toss them around :)

That big booty does love to come around though

6. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Its a $ thing for the moment. Next year I hope to have enough spares to do a full season of NASA w the GT1. AC sure is nice to have in the Z while on the track though :)

7. Luke Warmwater

BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    #207 Luke Warmwater, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
    I would ask why in the world you're running 110 octane fuel in a stock engine but I don't want to be accused of prodding or poking...

8. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    <said by me who is not a mod or administrator>
    This statement shows your continued hope that you can stir things up. If you want to have an adult conversation and be treated as one quit behaving like a spoiled child by trying to incite people with these kinds of remarks.

9. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew

Really? Let's review some of your highlights of the thread...

This thread is thriving in spite of you, not because of you.

You have been caustic throughout the thread, arrogant and defiant upon warning, and have ignored repeated warnings to drop the matter. Now you choose to make a spectacle out of yourself, flailing about crying foul by the moderators, and repeatedly posting that you are not permitted to post. I'd like to think we're a pretty easy-going bunch and I know we've tried very hard to have a light touch (i.e. no bans), but that patience extends only so far. Let me be blunt: nobody is enjoying your disruptive form of wit and there is already sufficient evidence to impose a considerable ban.

You are quite correct in that your behaviour has placed you at our mercy to be banned, so I will now step in and show you some genuine mercy in doing so. Take 2 days off - just 2 days - to contemplate how you will reform your behaviour and return to participate as a gentleman. Am I not merciful?

My sincere apologies to those attempting to discuss the Ford GT for this unpleasant diversion from the thread.

All the best,
    Andrew.

10. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    5 hours 57 minutes to be exact.

11. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Excellent work, Andrew...

And now, back to our regularly-scheduled program...

Mike

12. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    I would love to know more about the scissor door modification. I think these cars are magical and the pictures ghibliman posted really took the car to a different level.

13. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew

They do look super nice, don't they? :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

14. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    WCH if you run A./C on your Z on track, you are not running it hard enough. My stock Z sees oil over 300 and water of 240 after a few laps and I hightly doubt upping power, even with cooing mods that don't involve removing the A/C condenser, allow that car to be run hard with A/C.

For example, that Z with good tires should run in the 2:teens at Sebring and if you can do the with A/C I want to know what your cooling mods are!

I predict you will lose interest in tracking the Z big time the more you run that GT1 car.

15. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    True, I'm not running flat out but w 650hp & all my aero mods, slicks, F50 brakes etc its almost always the fastest car at the track barring full on race cars

Gets a little boring sometimes :)

I love it when somebody's car is even w mine so I can let her off her leash

16. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    serious question Hubbster:

why mod the hell out of a street car (the z06), then drive it at 7/10ths with the A/C on?

especially when you have all sorts of killer track day toys lying around? i.e. the GTI Camaro, Greenwood Vette, Koenig TR, even the F40.

Id' rather drive one of those cars at the limit for a few laps than spend all day in the z06 with the A/C on, but way below the limit.

17. NWaterfall

NWaterfall Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2009
    The Track
    Full Name:
    Waterfall
    #217 NWaterfall, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I'm pretty aggressive on the track even w the AC on I'm probably doing 85%

The other cars are up in NY, they all need some work & most my $ is going into a project I'll tell you guys about when its done hopefully next year.

19. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    William, on a separate note, how often do you drive the Countach?

20. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Lately once in never. Thinking of getting her a pretty respray and driving her a little more

Seriously thinking about trading it for a GT

21. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Did someone say, Greenwood Corvette? Details, please.

22. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #222 WILLIAM H, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bought it a few years ago. Got to restore it a little when I have a litte spare $$

Its not an official Greenwood team car rather a race car built w Greenwood parts by a 3rd party but w a huge race history

I believe it has a 468
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Fantastic! One of my favorite race cars of all time.

24. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1 William, I am envious of your Vettes.

25. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Thanks #82 is SO Loud its like a Battleship main turret going off LOL