Ford GT | FerrariChat

Ford GT

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by v tach, Apr 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. v tach

v tach Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 14, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    With the help of Matt from Rosso and Louisbug Ford, I had a chance to drive the Ford GT....all I can say is WOW! The car had limitless power, impressive handling and an overall relative "exotic" feel with daily driver characteristics (including a radio that jams!). I am now strongly considering purchasing a new Ford instead of a 360...am I crazy???!! Am I the only one that thinks this car is a pretty good value for the dollar? Please keep in mind that this car will be driven at least 4 times a week if weather permits! I know this has been a long debate with all the die hard Ferrari guys, but I would really like some unbiased input from those that have seen and driven both--especially Ferrari owners from a frame of reference standpoint....

ps...I'm also considering the new Hyundia Tiburon

2. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    I would take a GT over a 360, they are amazingly powerful car. I would look into it though, apparently they have reliability issues.

ps - erm, ok? haha

3. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    They are really nice cars, should probably hold its value fairly well. The repair costs should be reasonable. Before you decide you should try to drive a 360 if you have not allready done so, so you can make the decision although it could make the decision harder, if you like the car equally. I like them equally and could not easily decide between the two. I know of someone who sold one of their Ferrari Daytonas to make room for the GT and from what I can gather he really enjoys it. The only downsides to the GT are it looks like it is even lower to the ground clearance than the 360, people will be shocked that you spent that much money on a Ford, and that I hit my head on the door getting out and it seems to be a problem. Also remember that the build quality will not be as nice as that of what you would find in the Ferrari. I know that there are a few GT owners on here, so you could get a more qualified opinion than mine. A small warning, this thread may get a bit heated.
    Out of curiosity what color is the one you are looking at?

4. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    the gt's are sweet cars, i've seen a couple floating around town. the design of them is just insane. now i'm going out on a limb here, considering i don't know much about them, but i would imagine you can get them serviced at your local ford dealer, which will probably save you $ over a 360.

5. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Hi V,

Thanks for stopping by Rosso, sorry I missed you. I know that your desire is to have a "daily driver" friendly "exotic" and I think you have hit the nail right on the head! I love the GT, it comfortable, reliable, fast but easy to drive.

I know you were considering the silver Stradale, but that is not a "daily driver" good luck on the hunt, yes Louisburg Ford is great to work with and yes Rosso does work on Ford GT's as you see we have John's in the shop now.

Chris

6. v tach

v tach Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 14, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I haven't really narrowed down my search to a particular car as I'm still tossing the idea around...I really like the titanium color with the stripes though!

Chris, if I do purchase one of these, it will be at your place immediately for a Tubi exhaust installation--sounds absolutely amazing!

7. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    After multiple times of being in various models of my Lamborghini Diablo, Murcie and Ferrari 360, you are leaning toward a FORD ??? :)

Ps: Heard nothing but lavish praises about it. GL

8. rem3sam

rem3sam Karting

Nov 9, 2006
    not having driven either one, i would have to say that although i love ferraris, i would take a ford gt over a 360 (not CS though) any day of the week. i just love the way they look, i have heard that they have great performance, and the price seems to be right. i would love one in yellow with a black stripe or midnight blue/white stripe, or that heritage orange/blue

9. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    In my own very unbiased opinion, you need to get a Diablo SV.

Steve

10. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Also remember that when Ford designed the GT, their main goal was for it to outperform the 360.... So I've heard. :eek:

11. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
  12. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I love the FGT, I was just in one a couple of days ago. The 360 is one of my favorite cars ever but the FGT edges it out IMHO. The GT is faster, looks better, and is just an amazing car all the way around. Here is something else to ponder, the FGT is a car that will not have a next gen and the previous gen car is from the 60's if you even would consider the GT40 that. The FGT will not have a car that follows it unlike the 360 that had the 430 after and the 355 before it. The Ford GT is an icon in American cars that shows Italy we can still kick some ass.

13. erikandersondesigns.com

Mar 5, 2006
    Lee's Summit
    Full Name:
    Erik Anderson
    Why not get one of each? It's just money! :) Any choice you make is bound to be a good one with the selection at hand. Good luck!

14. billyfitness

billyfitness Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2006
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Bill Leavitt
    Gudenkauf is selling one of his three GT's?? Wow! Which color?
    A great car and vintage/retro history but not even a quarter the looks and lines of a 360. The cut-out, boxy-looking intakes on the sides are the worst.
    Haven't they plummeted down to around $90K?

15. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Nope. They are still holding strong, the lowest price I have seen is about 150,000 for a 10,000 mile car. That is still pretty close to sticker. If you get one in the Gulf color combo you will pay close to 170,000. As for the design it is a love it or hate it design.

16. v tach

v tach Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 14, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    #16 v tach, Apr 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Zipy

Zipy Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Independence, MO
    Full Name:
    Gary L. Perry
    Hey V, one other thing you might want to consider is the fact that with a few simple mods you can get them over 600 HP. Pulley change, exhaust, etc. At least this is what I have heard. Gary.

18. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    True story. We have one at the shop right now for those upgrades....

Chris

19. atomstrange

atomstrange Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2005
    Lenexa KS
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Maybe I will have to stop by the shop on sunday?? Still have yet to see it.

20. Jerry Dobson

Jerry Dobson Karting

Jul 19, 2004
    I know V and this guy likes to drive, not just drive to a Car Show or to the Plaza, but actually drive the car for no reason.

Billy, $90k? Not on planet Earth at this time.

I have driven both cars. I am not biased in either direction. I am not selling one or buying one. You can’t go wrong with a Ford GT.

21. billyfitness

billyfitness Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2006
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Bill Leavitt
    #21 billyfitness, Apr 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. automotive_freak

Apr 22, 2007
    Lake Calhoun in MN
    Full Name:
    Colin Dayton Stacy
    I like the Ford GT over the Enzo. Although, I have never seen an Enzo in real life, like I have a GT, so it's hard to say. I think the tungsten silver FGT looks hot, as does the white/blue. :) Since you are in KC, you should make a trip down to Lawrence haha.

23. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    i'm in lawrence

24. dougnshari

dougnshari Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2006
    Derby, KS. 67037
    Full Name:
    Doug Kennedy
    Not at all, I LOVE mine, but I have only put about 120 miles on my GT. 2005 Red/White stripes, all options, #1365. Doug Kennedy 316-788-5967.

25. Zipy

Zipy Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Independence, MO
    Full Name:
    Gary L. Perry
    Do you keep it in the living room with little doilies on it? These cars were meant to be DRIVEN, not kept under wraps. Take it out and enjoy it. Or give it to me and I'll give you a very nice model car you can keep on your end table to admire just the same! (Just kidding Doug!)