Foreign Cars Italia | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Foreign Cars Italia

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by SanchezCLT, Jan 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Depreciating Asset

Depreciating Asset Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2019
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I guess this explains why some people here in the Triangle area ship their cars to Atlanta for service. It sucks that we don't have another local(ish) alternative.

2. 66ss427

66ss427 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2017
    N. Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I’m in N. Myrtle Beach and I brought my car to European Road & Racing in N. Charleston. https://www.europeanroadandracing.com/home/
    Excellent reputation and I had no issues when I brought them my car. I don’t have any warranty and honestly don’t know if they can do warranty work ???
    I also understand that Automotive International in Charlotte, does excellent work and has a great reputation.
    https://automotive-international.com/
    I’ve never been there. You can certainly research them.
    Good Luck,
    Dom

chipbiii likes this.
  3. PETER@TEAM AI

PETER@TEAM AI Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Karl at European Road Racing is an excellent technician, a great person with high integrity. I would trust him with my cars or a customers car. If you are closer to us we can will do all we can to deliver excellence. We have focused on Italian and British for 20 years and have 15-20 ferraris from 60's to current in our shop for service any day. Please come by and meet the team.
    Regards
    Peter

chipbiii likes this.
  4. PETER@TEAM AI

Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You have a proven option in Charlotte! We just cannot do warranty work. We can do the work we just cannot make it warrenty! We can even pick up and deliver. Please call if we can help!
    Regards
    Peter

5. PETER@TEAM AI

Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    And in addition to mechanical, service, engine rebuilding, we do paint and body and are one of the few approved Hagery Service Centers in the US.
    Regards
    Peter and the AI Team

6. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    I have owned my car since November of 1975 and am very fortunate that I can do just about all my own work.
    I have painted my car, rebuilt the engine, transaxle and suspension. I've also made many changes to enhance reliability and drivability including the installation of new high-back seats.
    Since it's my everyday driver I need both comfort and reliability.
    The only work that I had to send out was the installation of new valves, guides and connection rod bushings. I have the knowledge but not the equipment.
    That being said, If I could not do my own work, I would send it to Karl at European Road Racing. I've known him for quite a while and his technical knowledge and competence are beyond reproach.
    It saddens me to hear about negative issues with organizations like FCI. After spending the huge amounts of money to buy a Ferrari, the red carpet should be rolled out for any and all customers, no matter what the need. And anything less than 100% customer focus is unacceptable.

In a while, I will post about a disappointing/puzzling experience I had with a Ferrari dealer in Atlanta (if anyone is interested).

Bob Z.

7. Depreciating Asset

Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2019
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Hi Bob,

Thanks for the post, and it's always great to hear from someone who does all their own maintenance! I try to do everything myself as well, though painting might not be my strong suit ;) I've had several issues with FCA, though only one is a real killer for me. Long story short I need a software update from Ferrari to install cruise control (I daily my car and gotta have it for long trips.) The communication is the worst I've had with any dealer. More than a dozen messages left with no return calls. When I have caught them on the phone, I get the "let me check and I'll call you right back" and then silence. That's my primary issue...they've made me feel like I'm asking them for a favor, and are just telling me whatever it takes to get me off the phone. There's some other minor things, but the blatant blowing me off is my major issue. If this wasn't a software issue, I wouldn't need them. Oh well.

Randy

nicholasn likes this.
  8. PETER@TEAM AI

Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Randy
    I assume you meant FCI not the FCA. FCA does great things for us!:)
    Peter

9. Depreciating Asset

Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2019
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    HA! Yes, you are correct. Now where's that edit button....

10. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    krazykarguy and chipbiii like this.
  11. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    Hello Randy and Nicholas.
    First and foremost, THANK YOU for the kind words.
    I really do put a lot of work and passion into caring for my cars and I'm very pleased to be complimented for my efforts.
    As you've probably surmised, I do indeed drive and enjoy my cars.
    My 330 GTC, purchased in November 1975 has just over 202,000 miles.
    My 1974 FIAT Spider, purchased in fall of 1978 has just under 150,000 miles.
    My 1967 ALFA GTV, purchased in November, 1991 has just over 102,000 miles.
    My 1959 MGA (!!!!), purchased in September 2020 has unknown mileage. I had to rebuild to odometer.
    As you might imagine, I have gotten a great deal of pleasure and enjoyment out of my vehicles.
    Randy - it's quite disappointing to read such negatives regarding FCI. And, for what it's worth, you're far from being alone on this issue.
    Personally, I have never had any dealings with them and I doubt that I ever will.

I mentioned having a somewhat disappointing experience with Ferrari of Atlanta.
    A few years back, I was on my way to a model airplane contest in Canton, Georgia, driving my GTC.
    Since FOA was just a tad out of the way, I decided to stop in for a visit.
    I parked in front - I was the only car out there.
    One fellow stopped by and we chatted for a few minutes. I told him that I purchased the car from FAF and he made no comment.
    I asked if it would be OK to look around the showroom - he said no problem.
    I looked around for maybe fifteen minutes and was totally surprised that NOT ONE person approached me to see if I needed assistance.
    I guess there was maybe ten or twelve cars on display - new and used.
    On the way out, a man asked me if that (GTC) was my car. I said "yes", he said "nice" and walked away.
    That's it! I could have been a potential customer but my only thought was "I guess they're not interested in selling cars"

Oh, well - that's the way it goes.

For what it's worth, if you happen to be driving through South Carolina and feel like visiting, you're more than welcome.
    I live just two miles off I-95 exit 115. I'm retired, live alone and I'm home most of the time.

Best regards, Bob Z.