FORMULA 1 2018 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX: PRACTICE 1/2/3 *** SPOILERS *** | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 2018 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX: PRACTICE 1/2/3 *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Grid Penalty for Kimi??

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    So Ferrari is under investigation for unsafe release. Last race Haas got a fine. Don't mind that.

Anything more than that and MIA is at it again.

daytona355 and classic308 like this.
  4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    God these cars are ugly.

ypsilon, 275gtb6c, furoni and 2 others like this.
  5. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I completely disagree. The post on page 2 with Kimi's car is a work of art, and I'm a Mercedes guy LOL

crinoid likes this.
  6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Ugly is a nice way to put it!!

7. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Ugly doesn't do them justice. I have to look away. I can't listen to the race because the engines sound like leaf blowers and now I can't watch the races because it hurts my eyes. Seriously, I haven't seen anything this hideous since the monsters in a B rated Japanese horror film from the 60s.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

The Japanese F1, 2018

G. Pepper likes this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Kimi $5000 fine....no grid penalty....whew.

thirteendog likes this.
  9. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Hopefully Toto is blustering a bit...(or Ferrari has more in reserve).

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-bahrain-advantage-high-power-modes-mercedes-wolff-1022434/

Mercedes insists it is not worried by Formula 1 rival Ferrari’s strong pace in Friday practice for the Bahrain Grand Prix, because it believes the Italian team was using high-power engine modes.
    Ferrari pair Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel led the way at the end of the second session, with Mercedes half a second adrift of its main opposition.

But rather than be concerned about what appears to be a big deficit, Mercedes boss Toto Wolff said his team was quite relaxed because of the power modes that his team understands Ferrari was using.

“They were in a pretty high-power mode when they were on the lap, so it isn’t so worrying, but it is a good lap,” Wolff told Sky.

“And what we have seen in Melbourne and again here is that at various stages the teams are close together, so I can’t really judge.”

When asked about why he was confident that Ferrari was using high power modes, he said: “It’s quite amazing. We have GPS data, so you can follow the traces of every car.

“You can see that when you overlay the data, suddenly on the straights they gain much more time, and in the corners it’s still the same.

"You can see that in detail, so it’s become very transparent for the engineers how much somebody has turned up the power, and how much downforce, and how much drag everyone is running.”

There was a lot of focus on Mercedes’ engine modes at the Australian Grand Prix in the wake of Lewis Hamilton’s dominant pole position, but the indications are that there is very little to choose between the performance of the German car manufacturer and Ferrari.

Lewis Hamilton said in Bahrain on Thursday: “They said in qualifying we think that we are power-wise equal to them. They made a really big improvement. And [the team said] that in the race we might have a slight edge on them.

"It's hard to say from one race, they had a different run profile, particularly in the race they were doing something different fuelling-wise.

"You'll get a much better idea over the coming races."

10. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    You are in the minority.

11. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Among the planets most horrible creatures ever. FIA, Todt & C° are irresponsible. And Liberty puts the F1 fan in the centre.... Well, 99.9% of the fans thinks F1 cars have never been uglier than today. Thanks for your concern, Mr. Chase.

12. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Once again someone makes the mistake of thinking that everyone else shares their opinion...

To my eyes, the shark fin cars...last year’s and the prior iterations...are the worst. And...we have that to look forward to next year. I don’t love the halo, but it’s not as bad as the fin. And...I guarantee that I’m not one in a thousand with that opinion.

crinoid likes this.
  13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Nah, they are pig ugly......... but last years were as well. This year, halo destroys any improvements the new cars might have made. They all look like a dogs breakfast coughed up onto some wheels. Horrible

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  14. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    vinuneuro, Igor Ound and DF1 like this.
  15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Halo aside this cars are the best they've looked in many years. Unfortunately the halo isn't going anywhere.

16. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  17. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Weak drivers cannot tell the engineers how to improve.

daytona355 likes this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  20. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm excited for the quali session already. Though I fully expect a Mercedes to grab pole, Ferrari has shown very good pace so far both in single lap and long run; Brundle commented how well the Ferrari looks in corners, very neutral and the Mercedes quite nervous. Melbourne is an odd track and you rarely see true performance there. If Ferrari is within .25 pole lap tomorrow we might actually have a season on our hands.

daytona355, nietoale1 and crinoid like this.
  23. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    yep, if Kimi stays true to form, like he is already, then the WCC title LOOKS to be headed our way. Both cars and drivers look solid right now.

375+, daytona355 and crinoid like this.
  24. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
  25. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Looks like lots of grid penalties for parts failures. May they should allow the teams more boxes and engines before the penalties make a joke of everything. Better yet, how about FIA just lets them go racing without all the BS.