FORMULA 1 2018 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 21 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 2018 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  2. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    He was walking over, then one of the Ferrari personnel raised his arm, blocking Kimi from going any further and the injured mechanic was being triaged. I'm more than sure Kimi will visit him at hospital....no way of confirming that but a gut feeling.

None so far. He suffered a "broken leg" according to reports. Others saying a broken tibia and fibula. The mechanic is at hospital.

subirg, stavura, daytona355 and 3 others like this.
  3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    thanx

4. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    WilyB, SPEEDCORE, Ericspider and 16 others like this.
  5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    That's awesome . looks in good spirits.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Great news!

Isobel and absostone like this.
  7. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I don’t think he knew what happened at that moment.

crinoid and tifoso2728 like this.
  8. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I did not get a chance to watch the race today but did manage to listen to the audio while driving home this morning.

Needless to say I was cheering on Seb to nurse his tires home to victory the last 10 laps. Great job Seb a bit gutted for Kimi and his bad luck in the pits. Glad to see the pit crew member is in good spirits after what happened. Perhaps they will let him take the winning constructors trophy home with him.

daytona355 likes this.
  9. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Painkillers undoubtedly. That will be 6 months before he’ll be able to put weight on it.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  10. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    prior experience izzy???:)

11. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    well if he can get on his feet before the season is over he will get to see FERRARI win another Drivers and Constructors Championship from the garage this year!! He deserves it for his sacrifice!!

12. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wow, when I saw it live I didn't think he was hurt that badly. Gee, drivers get in terrible wrecks and don't get hurt like that.

Well with that cast they'll have to put Francesco on the lighter front tire next week! :D

absostone likes this.
  13. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    You missed my point completely.. F1 is boring because 99% of passes are DRS fake passing, you said that F1 isn't boring..

14. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    200??? Where do you live on the autobahn? :D

absostone likes this.
  15. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    FIA will be working on a halo system for pit crew next! Nowadays it looks like F1 is more dangerous for the folk in the pits versus the drivers. Never has been a safe place.

16. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Mm-hmm. Based on what I saw, believe Francesco would immediately have gone into shock. He’ll be on morphine or similar right now after surgery. That was a fierce collision he took, thank goodness crews wear helmets these days, his head would have cracked the pavement with severe impact.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  17. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    The left side Crew should have to kneel to put a tire on, not stand up next to the gun man and be in front of the tire . on the right side they can stand because the tire guy is behind the tire. Get rid of HALO and inact this rule. Or else we will have halos on the wheels soon

18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Thats 200 kts:D

19. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    agreed

20. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    he will be tasked with guarding Kimi's vodka and ice cream stash. ;)

Isobel and absostone like this.
  21. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    That's what I figured

22. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    Why? 1000s of pit stops and no crew got ran over.... They need to fix their release procedure, not the tire changing procedure. I've been over the wall during pit stops, while its dangerous, its a freak accident from improper preparation that causes most incidents. The crew was exactly where they should have been. As soon as he swings the tire into position he's out of the way, unfortunately he never got that chance before the car left.

23. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    ok but he had his leg in front of the tire that he never changed. I'm sure hes done 1000s of tire changes. All I'm saying is there should be a rule either FIA or FERRARI. Just my observation on body positioning during stop. You say the crew was exactly where they should of been. Well Francesco had his Leg in front of the wheel.. It was a series of errors. where he put his leg, dropping the car without changing the wheel, and being released

24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The 'green light' tech is not good enuf. I reckon bring in a minimum tire change time +/- 5 secs, that gives the human lolipop guy time to actually look and see that the guns are off and personnel clear .

Yes even then it could still happen that the wheel is still not properly attached,the guy could have died yesterday, if they going to wrap the drivers in cotton wool then the pit crew deserve a bit more protection.

25. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes.... amazingly after the last broadcast fiasco ESPN went live and commercial free.