FORMULA 1 2018 PIRELLI UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX: QUALIFYING. ***SPOILERS*** | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 2018 PIRELLI UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX: QUALIFYING. ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    More appropriate song IMHO.

2. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    And a tune for Seb and Kimi.

G. Pepper and Igor Ound like this.
  3. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    SAP is a German company . . .

EDIT: Someone beat me to it!

BOKE likes this.
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    How long must I live this down? :)

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    No Maneater is better. :)

jgonzalesm6 and BOKE like this.
  6. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    I replied before reading the post where Xenu made the correction. Very sorry.

BOKE likes this.
  7. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    4EVER.
    I have worked with both companies, and if you can afford SAP it is worth every dime.;)

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    No I deserve it!

Attached Files:

9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    That was my impression also.

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139525/ferrari-improved-after-dropping-recent-upgrades

Sebastian Vettel says the Ferrari Formula 1 team's surprising return to form at the United States Grand Prix is linked to it reversing recent upgrades.

With just 0.061 seconds separating Vettel and pole position man Lewis Hamilton;s Mercedes in qualifying at Austin, Vettel believes Ferrari is back to its best following recent struggles.

He suggested his car has been working better thanks to Ferrari abandoning a number of developments that it has brought in recent races.

"We went back with our car quite a long way, and it seems to work better that way," explained Vettel.

At Austin, Ferrari trialled a major floor update that it hoped would help better make use of a new design concept that it introduced but never raced at Suzuka a fortnight ago.

After a difficult Friday in America, the team elected to go back to the same configuration it had raced in both Russia and Japan.

daytona355, G. Pepper and BOKE like this.
  11. DF1

Dry race and appears closer than what was on offer Friday in practice!

daytona355 likes this.
  12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You certainly need to be carrying good rubber when you go there - Pirelli could swap!

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    You would need the full wets ..intermediates gonna burn out real quick,the ultras wouldn't even last 1 lap (dance)

14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  15. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Correct. ;)

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Anthem for Racing Point Force India.

17. DF1

Max makes avoidable mistakes and Ricci learns before qualy to not do what Max did.........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Daniel Ricciardo has revealed he was advised before United States Grand Prix qualifying to steer clear of the kerbs that sidelined his Red Bull Formula 1 team-mate Max Verstappen.

Verstappen's hopes of a good grid slot at Austin were wrecked in Q1 after his right rear suspension was broken when he ran over the kerbs at the exit of the Turn 15 left-hander in the complex near the end of the lap.

The damage to the Red Bull's suspension and driveshaft could not be fixed before Q2 finished so Verstappen had to sit out the rest of qualifying. He will start 13th.

Although some drivers were told after Verstappen's incident to avoid hitting the kerbs, Ricciardo says that his engineer had warned him before the session about not using them.

"[In final practice] already I saw a few cars use them and I think Max was one of them," explained Ricciardo.

"I had a look on the data before qualifying to see how much it puts through the car, the impact, and already my engineer advised me not to do that. So I was going to stay off them."

18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Max doing his own things, as usual, and eliminating himself for not listening, I guess.