FORMULA 1 2018 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 24 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 2018 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Lewis Hamilton says he was "dumb" to imply that Kimi Raikkonen might have deliberately collided with him at the start of the British Grand Prix.

Hamilton had referred to "interesting tactics" immediately after the race, in which Raikkonen hit the back of his car and spun him round on the first lap.

On Instagram on Monday, Hamilton said: "Kimi said sorry and we move on. It was a racing incident and nothing more."

Hamilton said that "sometimes we say dumb" things and "we learn from it".

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/44760461

Ryan..., william and NEP like this.
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    TheMayor and NEP like this.
  3. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Lewis chops and changes his narrative to suit himself.

At one stage he called it a "tap" - "I just had a poor getaway," Hamilton said. "Just got wheelspin and lost ground to the others and then just got a tap from behind and that was that."

375+ likes this.
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    This whole thing backfired on Mercedes, i've ben reading lot's of forums and everyone (bar one or two retarded folks) are heavily criticizing Elton and Mercedes for being sour losers.....really went bad for them...

classic308 likes this.
  5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I would like to "like" this post 100 times. I couldn't agree more.

Tackleberry likes this.
  6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yah I thought that was not only poor sportsmanship but bad for the sport as well. The implication that Ferrari intentionally hit Hamilton makes F 1 seem no better than WWF.

classic308, Thomas S., DF1 and 2 others like this.
  7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

As the saying goes: "Don't get mad, get even!"

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Pretty good Title on PlanetF1 today

"Hamilton: easy to admire, difficult to love."

That pretty much sums it up. I understand his emotions -- and maybe because he drove in anger since lap one he might have run one of his best races this year. But to accuse the other team of doing it intentionally was certain to backfire against him.

It sounds a bit like desperation. After all, he had pole position and not one but TWO cars had already passed him with a third having a pretty good shot at it. Who's fault was that?

If Hamilton was leading and Kimi went through a corner without braking and hit him, I can see it. But it was a racing incident. And actually it was the correct call to not give Kimi an advantage for doing it. So, just move on already.

We want aggressive racing. Stuff like this is going to happen.

classic308, thirteendog and DF1 like this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I stand corrected....the blues did get used. I said they would'nt get used on a previous post. Not ideal, nonetheless they got used.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    LOVED the race. I would have been one of the best F1 races I've ever watched had they not filmed Hamilton driving around for the last part of the race and focused on the actual racing. I was watching timing and scoring and it looked like Alonso and KMag were having a nice scrap. We missed the entire battle so we could see Lewis drive around alone. Absolutely dumb.

- Hamilton's comments were dumb, but he fessed up. Good on him for doing that. His drive back through the field was something else!

- Vettel put in a stunning drive start to finish. He didn't let the safety cars get to him and put on one hell of a pass to get the lead back. Driver of the race IMO.

- Alonso, again, doing what he does best. You have to think he hates his current position but once his blood gets boiling the guy doesn't know to quit.

- Haas better can Gro after this season. If they don't, I see no reason to support the team (and I'm American). He ALWAYS finds a way to screw up. It's just pathetic at this point.

- I feel for Bottas. I really do hope he gets a win.

- Everyone running a Renault motor was the loser during this race. That engine looked way down on power.

Ryan..., TheMayor and ricksb like this.
  11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    That Trophy was never intended to be handed over to a German this weekend
    British silverware (although golden) designed by Brits for a Brit

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Thomas S., Timmmmmmmmmmy, DF1 and 2 others like this.
  12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    No Lewis was expecting a crown.

13. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I thought it was a very entertaining race. Regarding Hamilton, heat of the battle stuff. Nobody wants their race to go down like that and it's hard to keep your head and think before you speak. Good recovery drive though.

Vettel wanted this one from P1. He seemed locked in on upsetting the World Cup/British Grand Prix celebrations from the beginning and he wasn't to be denied. That pass on Bottas...what can VB do but tip his hat. Exciting race, lots of passing, lots of dramatic turns. What more could you ask for? (before you answer "no crying from LH"...that goes into the "lots of dramatic turns" box. No driver wants to be taken out, and I recall a ton of colorful language from Seb when Kvyat was ruining his races, so I just think those guys are being too open, but real, with their feelings)

14. Banzai!

Banzai! Karting

Mar 1, 2013
    I've noticed that most of Lewis's passing looks neat and clean almost relaxed, a reflection (my opinion) of his equipment advantage. Seb's passing has been much more cut and thrust, borderline explosive, a reflection (again my opinion) of his cahoona advantage. His late race pass on Hamilton in Austria and this one on Bottas had me pounding the air.

15. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I thought it was the 3rd good race in a row. It's been fun racing to watch.

Thomas S. likes this.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think that part of this is we are finally getting a degree of parity between the top 6. Yes, some have an advantage or disadvantage but it seems like right up until the race is won you don't know who would win.

For years it was just another Merc running ahead. Boring.

Thomas S., tifoso2728 and 375+ like this.
  17. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Love the photos, thanks for sharing something I have never been able to be a part of! I love this forum, I get to experience things I haven't been able to in the past.

NEP, tomc and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The best part of my race weekend is watching Toto Wolf slam his head on the desk.

Whenever he does this he makes me smile.

Thomas S., nietoale1, stavura and 2 others like this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  20. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    What Minttu really meant was:

[​IMG]

22. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  23. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    LOOL that message was definitely directed at a certain 4x world champion.

24. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    100% agree. I don't doubt his talent, but the guy comes off as a sore loser to me most of the time (with the exception of him consoling the pit guy who messed up the wheel swap).

I would love for Haas to go out and tempt a top driver into joining them, it doesn't sound like the team is too worried about budgets and whatnot! I would be ecstatic if Alonso or Kimi found their way into the Haas garage next year, or Leclerc until Ferrari is ready to put him in that shiny red car of theirs :)

25. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004