FORMULA 1 2018 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 28 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 2018 ROLEX BRITISH GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Sort of

Vettel 4 Lewis 3 Ricci 2 Max 1 , so far this year. Not the walkover of previous years for sure.

2. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    The day he joins the team is the day I start rooting against the team (Or his car specifically); just like I did when Alonso went to the team.

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    here's the thing...I too have personal reservations about Hamilton, but in the end - I don't hang out with the guy. If he's a jerk - so be it. In this business, it's winning that count. I am just philosophically vested in the constructor more than the driver. If the driver is cool - that's bonus points. We all know after all he knows deep down who's #1
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jakuzzi and william like this.
  4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    But if Ferrari would win on a regular basis, why would they need him?
    It is not like Lewis decides where to drive next year and all the teams would make everything to get him.
    I would say once Mercedes is beaten on a regular basis Lewis will be gone to keep his reputation of winning every year rather to drive for podiums or less.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    As Vettel is going nowhere, they could concievably replace Kimi with Lewis, but that is a long shot as they have Leclerc waiting.Unlikely i agree.

6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Seb and Lewis in the same car???
    Why would someone do that?

7. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    Wow, the vitriol never stops. The guy had HIS race ruined by Kimi. A race that means more to him than the others. The next day once he'd calmed down he even apologized for accusing Kimi and Ferrari and said at times we all say stupid s#!t. Kimi also fessed up that it was all on him. Tempers flare in the moment and apologies come later. Seb isn't immune from tantrums and outbursts either. You don't get to be a WDC by being Mr. nice guy. To be a race driver pretty much means you're a self centered, self confident egomaniac. They all are. Some hide it better than others, but you can't be that competitive if you don't deep down honestly believe you are the best in the world. Once you accept that someone, anyone, is better than you, you become a defacto #2 and end up playing second fiddle to your team mate.

Is Hamilton an entitled brat at times? Yes, but so is/was Seb, Max, Alonso, Schumacher, Senna, Prost, Mansell, Andretti, Fittipaldi, Hunt, Stewart etc. etc. back through history.

william likes this.
  8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Same reason why RBR have Ricci and Max ..you want the best available/affordable drivers in your cars.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    "Wow, the vitriol never stops. The guy had HIS race ruined by Kimi."

^ I see someone has the rose color glasses on. So, let's straighten him out

1) The person who ruined Hamilton's race was HAMILTON for his lousy start that costed him two positions and put him a risk for the third. He didn't ask Kimi what happened. He didn't hear Kimi already accepting the blame. He wanted to be alone in his anger.

2) After running the entire race, making probably his best race of the year, instead of telling people anxiously waiting how he did it he stormed off in a huff and avoided Kimi in the dressing room.

3) Later when asked about his race on a world wide feed he accuses his opponents of CHEATING. This was followed up in more strongly with people on the Mercedes team giving even more fuel to Lewis' claim Ferrari intentionally hit him to get him out of the race

4) Just like retractions in the newspaper, no one cares. All they remember is the initial charge, not the change. Same here. All people remember is Lewis saying Ferrari used "unusual tactics" against him, which is completely bogus and in fact, ridiculous.

5) When Seb does his outbursts, we equally get on his case. That stupid move he did last year intentionally hitting Hamilton's car while behind the safety car was beyond stupid. Everyone here said the same thing -- beyond stupid and unbecoming a world champ.

We can accept Hamilton's brattiness. What we can't accept is an accusation that not only was obviously false but hurt not just Ferrari but the entire sport by making the idea that like Nascar, some cars are used to take out other cars intentionally. This is such a strong allegation of cheating it can't be just someone's "emotions". If you want to make that claim, gather some evidence and show it. Otherwise, smile and shut up because the stewards have the final say so, not you.

stavura, NEP, jmillard308 and 5 others like this.
  10. Adrian Thompson

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    #685 Adrian Thompson, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    You are absolutely right. Hammy ruined his own race due to a crappy start. Sorry.

I'll dispute the rose colored glasses though. I may be an Brit (ex-pat) but I want the best man to win. Last year I feel LCH deserved it as he and the team made less mistakes than Seb and Ferrari. This year, I really don't mind who wins. PArt of me wants Seb and Ferrari to finally get one together, part of me wants LCH to get his 5th WDC before Seb. As far as favorites are concerned, for me they are the Honey Badger and the Ice man with Alonso, Sainz and LeClerc in the mix too, Gasley gets an honorable mention. Team wise, sorry folks, but I'll be a McLaren fan until the day I die, but that's because my father worked for Bruce for a while in the 60's when they were still based in Feltham. I even have Bruce's business card from then and a Christmas card from circa 70-71 after dad had left.

11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Max came into the RB almost as rookie...and even now they have trouble without having a certain WDC contender. Imagine the RB being the car to beat and watch out.
    At the end of the year either Seb or Lewis will be 5xWDC and the other 4x. Nobody pairs a 5x and 4x WDC and their egos...does not make sense at all

12. Adrian Thompson

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    Well, this is the first time in history that I can remember a two four time champs ever having been in F1 at the same time, so no, no one could have done it before.
    But what about McLaren 86, 89, 10-13 they had two WDC's in the team at the same time. It doesn't' always work out, but it can. Even when it isnt' working, the results can still come (McLaren 88/89)

13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    But then you need a car that dominant that it does not matter if they crash out once in a while...like the Mercedes in the first 3 years of the hybrid era, last year it would have not worked, neither at Mercedes nore at Ferrari