FORMULA 1 ARAMCO UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX...Austin...RACE...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 18 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ARAMCO UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX...Austin...RACE...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I didn't hear much about them being rude. Can you provide more info? Links or videos?

2. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It was during Martin's pre-race grid walk. Pretty widely panned.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah I saw that one, seems like her body guard wasn't really friendly, but she actually talked with Martin and didn't do anything rude. Martin actually thanked her and said she seemed happy to talk. Anything on Serena?

jcurry likes this.
  5. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think your take leans more one-way than most, but we all have our opinions.

6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I'm just reacting to what I see on the video, she wasn't rude. Maybe there's another video circling around?

7. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Can someone kindly provide Alonso with a competitive car ?

stavura, Bas, piolaxo and 1 other person like this.
  8. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Ferrari did but he left anyway :)

9. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  10. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Agree. Generally, things are so scrambled in these ceremonies that they roll celebrities out and forget the little details. I can't imagine Shaq would have any cause to disrupt the format of the ceremony.

Bas and Terra like this.
  11. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris

HAHAHA! Ouch!

jgonzalesm6 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Brundle: Celebrities need 'manners and respect' after MTS F1 snub

Sky Formula 1 expert Martin Brundle has urged celebrities to show some ‘manners and respect’ after a Grid Walk spurn with rapper Megan Thee Stallion at the United States Grand Prix.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

On a weekend when Brundle’s hugely popular grid walk returned, with COVID restrictions limiting access before the start being lifted for the first time, the former grand prix driver did his best to grab some of the celebrities invited by F1's organisers.

But an attempt to speak to rapper MTS was rebuffed, as her entourage tried to push Brundle out of the way.

“I think she’s happy… okay boss,” said Brundle to an aggressive bodyguard before asking the artist if she had any rap for F1.

After she replied saying: “I have no rap today, I’m sorry…” Brundle asked who she would be supporting, before another minder stepped in.

One of MTS’s crew then told him that he ‘couldn’t do that’ – before Brundle hit back and said: “I can do that, because I did.”

Coverage of the grid clash went viral on social media on Sunday, as it prompted fans to suggest that celebrities should not accept invites to attend F1 races if they were not willing to help support the show and be interviewed.

Brundle himself took to Twitter on Monday afternoon to make it clear he was not intimidated by celebrities – and urged them and their bodyguards to change attitudes.

“I have felt under pressure on the grid before but by people called Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Mansell, Piquet and so on,” said Brundle.

“Bodyguards visiting the grid for the first time don’t bother me, everyone’s got a job to do, but they could maybe learn some manners and respect on our patch.

Brundle’s incident with MTS was not the only awkward moment on his Austin grid walk as he was also ignored by tennis star Serena Williams.

Having famously been blanked by Venus Williams a few years ago, Brundle tried to speak to her sister before the start – but was completely ignored.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/brundle-celebrities-need-manners-and-respect-after-mts-f1-snub/6711907/

stavura, Bas and GuyIncognito like this.
  13. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    The two best on the grid, currently. No doubt!

I do think that Merc is often on the backfoot strategically. Even with Hamilton making a great start, it was apparent that Red Bull had better pace and it was only a matter of time that they would employ the undercut. the way Max took off to a 6-7 sec lead after 3 laps was everything...Merc did not have a real counter for the faster Red Bull. They tried to balance out a later pit stop in the hopes tire degradation could give them the victory, but Max did a good job not to kill his tires on the final stint and had enough to secure the victory.

I'll stand by my proclamation at the start of the season and cede the WDC to Max. It's a lot closer than I envisioned, but still RBR has the better car and a very hungry driver. Lewis is a champion and we know he will give everything he has until the final corner at Abu Dhabi.

ktu, Terra and subirg like this.
  14. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    People take themselves far too seriously. MTS' 15 seconds of fame are about over...she should do more to ingratiate herself to the public vs act like an entitled, semi-talented diva.

If they don't want to be part of the show, don't go to pit row. You know that showing up is all about 'the show'.

Bas and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  15. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
  16. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Exactly.

I attended the Austin City Limits Music Festival two weeks ago with some friends. We happened to be walking past a stage with this MTS person. Scratching my head now as I was then.

stavura, hookem, Bas and 2 others like this.
  17. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    She was only there b/c CashApp sent her there to promote them. The sport needs celebrities who will build the sport's following in the US, not those who will use the sport for a quick paycheck & clout.

Should've had Brundle find and interview Shaq instead. See if they remembered each other from their last meeting.

Bas likes this.
  18. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    The woman’s entourage, and her by default are clearly pieces of trash. You don’t show up to a formula one event dressed like a dime store hooker and behave like street street thugs. Martin has more class in his little toe than that scum, I felt bad for him.

pdxjim488, stavura, Nembo1777 and 8 others like this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Max kept his cool and saving his tires knowing full well Lewis was closing the gap...then Max turned it up at the end keeping Lewis at bay.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, Picchu88, Bas and 5 others like this.
  20. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Agreed. A very smart drive. Managed his gap very well.

Jakuzzi and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Great stuff!
    Great race by Max!
    Hope this goes to the wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nortonious and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  22. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I've never heard of this donkey and I can't be bothered to even look her up. Total trash. Funny thing is that Brundle could buy her a dozen times over let alone her minions.

TurboFreak650 and Bas like this.
  23. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    He drove a very smart race. He’s learned a lot from their earlier battles. I’m def a LH fan, but I tip my hat to Max’s excellence.

Honestly, I don’t dislike any of these guys. I must say that Charles was excellent yesterday also and people slept on him because the battle up front was so excellent.

Natkingcolebasket69, Bas and Nuvolari like this.
  24. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Why would she need a personal bodyguards at the pit walk? It's a controlled & secure environment, do they think it's really helping their ego?

ricksb, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Absolutely. Invite guys like Jay Leno, Richard Rawlings (hell he's in Texas anyways), Matt Farah, Patrick Dempsey and so on. At least they'll have some sort of interest in it all instead of promoting their own existence.

Reminds me of this EXCELLENT snub from DC on Christine Aquilera:

David Coulthard's savage comment on Christina Aguilera's trackside appearance - YouTube

Ah that's right! Was is Suzuka late 90s or early 2000s Shaq was there? With Bernie? Outside of the States we're not exposed much to NBA etc but he always struck me as a likable guy. I doubt Shaq would remember Martin from that long ago unless he watches F1 every now and then, but I imagine he'd be good about it at least.

fil likes this.