FORMULA 1 EMIRATES 70TH ANNIVERSARY GRAND PRIX--->PRACTICE 1/2/3 ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES 70TH ANNIVERSARY GRAND PRIX--->PRACTICE 1/2/3 ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Aug 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    Broken man and a broken car, that's all I got to say about Vettel.

ricksb likes this.
  2. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Oh, no. This means Vettel will probably incur a grid penalty later in the season when he takes a new PU. This will certainly affect his championship chances, I think.

LOL

3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  4. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Clouted a curb pretty bad to have to delay the F2 race. WT?

7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Hulk’s plan: be fast but just behind Stroll and don’t upstage him so that you might be considered for the second seat next year. :)

8. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Softer tires enable lower downforce.

9. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Only if you think Vettel is in the top 8 of the championship.

10. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    As I recall it was the opposite. It got to the point where Charles would forgo Med and use Hard for longer stints (where everyone else was using Med).

11. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Did he actually throw a rod? Kind of sounded like it, and based on that leakage....

12. DF1

That is what Paul on SKY mentioned. Connecting Rod sound. He felt sure the motor was the issue. Seem to occur just after upshift

13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    F2 broadcaster saying he clouted a curb and the repair of the curb is delaying the F2 program.

14. DF1

Vettel?

15. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/151166/hulkenberg-much-more-at-home-in-racing-point

Nico Hulkenberg felt "much more at home" with Racing Point during his second Friday Formula 1 practice appearance after deputising for Sergio Perez again at the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix.

Ex-Renault F1 driver Hulkenberg was drafted in at the last minute for the British Grand Prix last weekend when Perez tested positive for COVID-19, ruling the Mexican out of action, although Hulkenberg didn't get to race due to a clutch problem before the start.

Racing Point confirmed on Friday morning that Hulkenberg would continue to drive for the team in the second Silverstone race with Perez still returning a positive COVID-19 result.

Hulkenberg finished fourth in opening practice before taking sixth overall in the afternoon session, finishing within three-tenths of a second of team-mate Lance Stroll.

The German explained how he felt much more at home in the Racing Point RP20 car after last weekend's running, when he was forced to jump in at the last minute in place of Perez.

"It was much better, much more familiar with the whole situation inside the car," Hulkenberg said.

"Obviously you know kind of what to expect much more than one week ago.

"I felt much more at home straightaway, physically also much better. A much more round and expected Friday."

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ingegnere likes this.
  16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
  17. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    DF1 likes this.
  18. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    DF1 likes this.
  19. DF1

In other news today not related to protests lol - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/151169/renault-has-taken-a-big-step-forward--ricciardo

Daniel Ricciardo says his top-three performance in practice for the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix was "genuine" as he suggested Renault had found a "big step" with its Formula 1 car.

The Australian is coming off the back of a fourth-placed finish in last weekend's British Grand Prix, and was left encouraged as he ended up best-of-the-rest behind Mercedes in Friday running at Silverstone.

And, while he accepts that Renault is not in a position to expect to match that form throughout qualifying and the race, he says there is some optimism about what the team found with his car on Friday.

"I think that was genuine, at least for the track conditions," said Ricciardo, when asked about his pace.

"We did a few changes through the session and I really felt a big step, you know, with one of the changes we made.

"I was: 'alright, this is a pretty good race car right now', so yeah, I think we can hang in there. We'll see.

"I mean, if we are here in quali I think that would still exceed what probably our expectation is now, but I think we can still do a very good job."

20. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    The Ferrari seemed to wear its tires faster than some of the other teams, so they had to either drive more cautiously (e.g. slower) or use harder tires.
    If that carried over, then they have to go easy on tires this soft.

I'm thinking Ferrari just doesn't get as much out of mechanical grip as Merc or Red Bull.
    They could get away with it when they had enough engine to run high downforce.
    But with the neutered mill, they're out of their sweet spot.

Just the impression I get from watching the races.

DF1 likes this.
  21. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Bracing for another sad weekend. Another Merc domination. I just wonder what's wrong with Vettel's Ferrari. I have never seen him struggle this much in his career.

22. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Poor mechanical grip and low downforce favors that younger man's reflexes. ;)

(My reaction times slowed in my mid-30s, too. :p)

Remy Zero likes this.
  23. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Good morning!

24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  25. DGS