FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 17 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 11, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

LOL

ATBNM3 and Bas like this.
  2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I do not say "he is the better driver" but he is also not worse... And as long as overtaking basically is a question of engine power and DRS on the straight it did not make a big difference whether you are on the better tires to overtake.
    Remember: Leclerc needed the help of the pit wall as well to get around a flat spotted Vettel in the beginning...so no difference between both of them!

Bas likes this.
  3. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    no more pasta...just fried chicken
    ;)

4. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    How many times has Leclerc cut off Vettel jumping across the track?

Vettel might not be a "worse driver", on a good day.
    But we wouldn't expect the "veteran" driver to be making as many -- or more -- mistakes as the rookie.
    Vettel suffers from chronic "red mist".

Surfah, lagunacc, ingegnere and 3 others like this.
  5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agree. If they where favouring Seb they wouldn't ask him to move over at all.

This year I think we'll see what Leclerc is build of. The team is just all over the place. Vettel is a smart guy, will watch the race back and think what the **** is going on....

But even before the floor breakage (I recall 2 small pieces flying off), he wasn't really there before it. Don't get me wrong Leclerc is a fast guy but he hasn't shown he's any better than Vettel. Or any worse, for that matter. they are level.
    They're not communicating, indeed. Not just the two sides of the garage, but from what Paul Di Resta said from the pitlane, neither is the main pitwall! no one has a clue what's going on.

Leclerc's floor would've been replaced post quali with no penalty.

ATBNM3 and zygomatic like this.
  6. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    I didn’t watch the race , didn’t miss much from the looks of it , another bore . Looked up the highlights , there aren’t any . Stroll and Norris contact is about the only action highlighted, kind of pathetic .
    Ferrari is lost , heads need to roll as I have been saying for a while , can’t start the season with a good car and go backwards

Bas likes this.
  7. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I think I said, a while back, that Ferrari perhaps should have sent Vettel to Alfa as refresher training -- to re-learn how to mix it up, mid-pack.
    They could have left Kimi in the varsity team as a teacher for Leclerc.

(Although I can understand moving Kimi to Alfa as the "schoolteacher", they need to fill the other Alfa with a worthy student.)
    (Again, picking drivers by nationality isn't a winning strategy.)

mcimino and ATBNM3 like this.
  8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    OK, what was Sebs mistake today?
    Trying to get the Mercedes at the start instead of just covering his position against Leclerc and Max!
    OK, he did make a mistake but at least he still tries to overcome the lack of speed in the Ferrari against the Mercedes. I can imagine what people here would say about Vettel/Ferrari if he said he does not look to the Mercedes in front but only at the guys behind.
    Today was no "red mist".. and Leclerc is no rookie anymore...
    And when Leclerc screws qualy he can not blame anybody but himself, not the team, not Vettel.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  9. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Wouldn't that break "parc ferme"?

10. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I don't blame Seb for the attempt. But after running off the track, don't brake-check your teammate when re-entering the track.
    Seb rejoined from the left and ran straight across at Leclerc on the right, forcing Leclerc to slow, and letting Max pass both Ferraris.
    Leclerc was ahead of Max, before he was cut off by Seb storming across the track.

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Nope, damaged parts can be replaced/repaired so long it's identical spec. I think it was last year after qualifying red bull replaced about all the right hand side suspension of Ricciardo's car at Canada after hitting the wall and damaging some parts...no penalty.

Nortonious likes this.
  12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    How can he see where Leclerc is when two Mercedes are next to him and he comes back behind them? Do you think he was doing this deliberately against Leclerc or was he just getting back as soon as possible to loose not to much ground???

13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So was Leclerc driving the race with a damaged floor or not?

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That's giving into the blame mentality, and it doesn't give good result.
    One of the problems at Ferrari is the scapegoating, and the revolving door Policy.
    You never achieve stability in any organisation with a high turnover of staff.
    Let people analyse what's wrong, and empower them to remedy to faults.

15. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    No, he is stating it; and rightly so. The gloves are off now! :)

16. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Seb sucks so yeah...
    Because we all know black people love fried chicken... smh.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  17. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Funniest post ever. Santa and the Easter Bunny are real too! ;)

classic308, stavura, fil and 2 others like this.
  18. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    I don’t agree , if your current formula isn’t working , you need to change it . People are always the weakest link and people have their limitations , you can only do so much until you need to make some changes . There is obviously a big problem at SF , from the outside it is easy to criticize as we don’t know the Inner workings of the team but given that they are going backwards , there is need for a shakeup

Jakuzzi likes this.
  19. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Well...there is a reason Germans go to Italy on vacations....to relax and get drunk....then return to Germany to focus on work

colombo2cam, Jakuzzi and william like this.
  20. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    So......... IT IS the "Italianess" of the team.....;)

william likes this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Vettel blew his chances today when he needlessly flat-spotted his tyres at the approach of the first corner during the first lap.
    A beginner's mistake, not worthy of a 4-time WDC. Once again, the red mist played its part.
    That compromised the tyre strategy and the rest of his race was basically damage limitation.
    No Ferrari driver on the podium again; Red Bull looks more and more like the only opposition to Mercedes.
    To his credit, Max Verstappen who drives intelligently this year, is always there, or thereabout to pick up points.

Surfah, ATBNM3, gt4me and 2 others like this.
  22. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Gentlemen, Ferrari's season is "officially" over now :( , officially... .... See you in 2021.

classic308 likes this.
  23. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Jakuzzi likes this.
  24. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    The funny thing is that after multiple seasons of Merc carefully posturing themselves as not the season favorite are they now doing this internally with Bottles? Letting Ham stay a close second within striking range of Bottles and then close to the end of the season Elton quickly secures the championship...

Jakuzzi likes this.
  25. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He has changed but wont openly admit it. He has now a touch of patience he did nt have early last year in my opinion.

william likes this.